Print Page Setup|Sheet

On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:', 'Print
titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use.  How are these
activated?

TIA

doco

0
assessor (11)
11/1/2004 11:23:55 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

doco

Two things come to mind that would cause this problem.

1.  You opened the dialog through "Print Preview" which makes these items
unavailable.

2.  You have two or more sheets selected or "grouped".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:55 -0800, "doco" <assessor@ncesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

>On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:', 'Print
>titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use.  How are these
>activated?
>
>TIA
>
>doco

0
Gord
11/1/2004 11:44:22 PM
Hmmmmmmm...  How then, pray tell, would one get to the Print|Page
Setup|Sheet Tabbed Dialog?

doco

> doco
>
> Two things come to mind that would cause this problem.
>
> 1.  You opened the dialog through "Print Preview" which makes these items
> unavailable.
>
> 2.  You have two or more sheets selected or "grouped".
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:55 -0800, "doco" <assessor@ncesd.k12.or.us>
> wrote:
>
>>On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:',
>>'Print
>>titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use.  How are these
>>activated?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>doco

0
assessor (11)
11/1/2004 11:50:28 PM
Never mind.  File|Page Setup works quite nicely.  Although, I am not clear
why it is important that these options be grayed from Print Preview?

Thanks
doco

> doco
>
> Two things come to mind that would cause this problem.
>
> 1.  You opened the dialog through "Print Preview" which makes these items
> unavailable.
>
> 2.  You have two or more sheets selected or "grouped".
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:55 -0800, "doco" <assessor@ncesd.k12.or.us>
> wrote:
>
>>On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:',
>>'Print
>>titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use.  How are these
>>activated?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>doco

0
assessor (11)

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

Posting Batch Printing Problem
Hi All, We have a transaction batch in Financial Module of Great Plains v8.0 showing its printing. The problem is no user is printing the batch. We have restart the server and it did not resolve the problem. Any suggestion to resolve this issue? Thanks Quintin Hi Quintin, To Correct this problem you will need to do have your SQL Administrator do the following: Go into SQL Query Analyzer and run the following Scripts: Against the Dynamics Database: Delete SY0800 where BACHNUMB = 'xxxxx' - change the xxxx to the actual batch ID. Against the company Database: Update SY00500...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

printing row headings
I'd like to print the row headings on each page without printing the column headings. the rat wrote: > I'd like to print the row headings on each page without printing the column > headings. To: The Rat File | Page Setup | Sheet Tab On this tab, for "Print Area" select all but the row with the headings for "Rows to repeat at top" select the row with the headings Check results with "Print Preview" button Texas Handly ...

Printing Margins on Reports
Money 2004 will not print my monthly report without cutting a fourth of it off the edge of the paper. I've tried everything to fix the problem with the printer , inside money itself, and tried to copy it to word or excel, but can't seem to get it to work. Anyone, any suggestions? ...

How do I change the header or footer to print an Access table
I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access Table. I have not be able to find the area to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated. Use a Report. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A308F92-E358-44B3-918D-2838BBE239C5@microsoft.com... > I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers > by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access > Tab...

Copied pdf file into Word doc/can print/can not view in doc...?
I have copied a portion of a pdf file into my word doc. I sent the doc to a friend and now my friend says when they open the doc it is blank. But when they print the doc everything shows up printed...HELP? Does your friend have the option set to show picture placeholders, rather than the pictures themselves? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

CHtmlView and Printing

Year End closing with master data & setup required
Hi We are at the Year end closing, however we want to know if its feasible to close the company, create a new with the same details in terms of setup & master data but without any of the old transaction history and other history data. How can we do this is GP Utilities and is this the correct way ? Rick You can only create a new company using Utilities. You cannot copy any of the data. To copy data from one company to another you have to use a tool like the SQL Server Import/Export wizard or Data Transformation Services or even Microsoft Access. There is a knowledgebase art...

deleting sheets without excel asking
I'm using this code to delete a sheet: Sheets("START").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete When I do this excel says there may be data on the sheet do you really want to delete it? And then you have to click delete. Is there a way to have it delete the sheet without having the user click delete? Thanks, Phil Hi Phil, You can delete a sheet without making it active. 'Delete a sheet Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets("START").Delete '--Activesheet.Delete '--ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Application.DisplayAler...

Another Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing. What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree control hybrids. The problem I am facing is number of pages. I can't find a clean way to find the places where I would need to start a new page. Since what I am printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, a...

Print Preview of form
Using Access 2003 SP2 For new databases, the form details are not visible in print preview. The visibility of the details section is set to Visible (yes). Any ideas why only the form detials is not visible in print preview and all other objects view properly? It is only this database. Databases created in early months view properly. There are no updates on MS site to indicate an issue. On Jan 11, 5:47=A0pm, rebecca <rebe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Access 2003 SP2 > For new databases, the form details are not visible in print preview. The > visibility o...

Unable to print attachments on emails
Until recently all was well: Yesterday I found I can no longer print email attachments despite appropriate boxes being ticked. All attachments once opened then file into 'recently altered folder' from which I can not print or delete. I would like to fix this problem ASAP - help. The version is Office Outlook 2007 Thanks How are you trying to print the attachments? The procedure is simple like this: 1) In the message list, select but do not open the message that you want to print. 2) On the File menu, click Print. 3) To print the attachments, select the Print attac...

How to print DUOS field in Report Writer
I need to create a comment field for each grid line item in Inventory Transaction Entry. I have created a text field in Modifier. I have write a code using the DUOSObject in VB using a DUOSObjectCombinedID made up of the Document number and Line SEQ number. The data seems to save and retrieve fine from SYS90000. Now I need to modifify the IV Transaction History Report and I do not know how to pull out the DUOSObject. I've tried to follow the examples from vbadataaccessoptions.pdf and VBADevelopersGuide.pdf (in GP documentation) but the example it shows involve Customer Maintenace wh...

excel -10 sections
I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet: Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL. I'm guessing it would need a macro though. "Maggie" wrote: > I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section > # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. > eg Section 1 Page 10 would the pag...

SOP Setup
Can someone clarify what the options 'update invoice date on first print', means. When separate fulfillment is not checked, the order is marked fulfilled the moment it is created. When the invoice is printed, sometimes days later, if the date is not updated, the transaction will post with the original dates, sometimes in a prior fiscal period. Checking this box causes the invoice date to be updated the first time the invoice is printed to the then current date, better reflecting the date product was delivered and moving the transaction to the new date. We have a book that co...

Initial Outlook Setup
/svcs/hotmail I am trying to set up my outlook for the first time today and I cannot seem to get it to work correctly. I created a new hotmail email address, selected httm, typed all the needed information correctly and I cannot view any emails in outlook that I sent to that account or send emails from outlook. The error message that I get when I send is: A connection to the server could not be established. http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode. The details for the error state: There may be server or network problms or your timeout interval ma...

printing error
Hi, While i try to print a MS CRM 2.1 report from any user machine i get an activeX error that denies printing. even if it's an admin user but it works fine if i try printing from the server itself any idea on this problem Regards, Hanady Hi, I've been facing this error 2 weeks now. My customer is not able to print any report Your help is badly needed. Regards, Hanady "Hanady" <hanady.abousamra@trinec.com> wrote in message news:eU6QPc0GGHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > While i try to print a MS CRM 2.1 report from any user machine i get a...

How to delete sheets using macro?
There is a list of sheet name under column B of sheet "Date", I would like to delete any sheets, which name is not included within the lists and the Date sheet cannot be deleted too. Do you have any suggestions on how to code a macro to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric, Try this Sub del_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet Set sht = Sheets("Date") Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("B1:B" & LastRow) Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each c In MyRa...

searching and collating values in multiple sheets
Ok firstly in your responses (assuming there are any!) please conside me a retard at least that way I'll be more familiar with the terminlog and formulae used. This is going to be a pain to explain as I cant us tables on this forum it seems so forgive the formatting :P Also bear in mind im operating off a very locked system and I have n net access there and a very cut down version of excel so I dont hav access to plugins or some of the more advanced functions only availabl on custom installs. In excel how can I count a specific set of values and have it retur them: so there would be a...

Visual Basic Macro to print hidden worksheet
I have created a multi-choice test in Excel 2003 for students to use at the end of a unit. To prevent cheating the worksheet with the results on is hidden and password protected. I would like to provide a button at the bottom of the test worksheet which students can click when they finish. This will send a copy of the hidden worksheet to the printer with their results but I am unable to get it to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Noel Hi Noel, Try: '===========>> Sub aTester() Dim SH As Worksheet Set SH = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") '<&...

Owa Administration Setup
Hello folks, I just installed the owa admin onto my xp system. I installed all the prerequisites that the software needed, I have stopped and started iis, etc... I have rebooted my pc as well. When I open the link to owa admin it points to my local machine name and then to a folder named owaadmin. The page loads but there is nothing meaningful on the page. All that is shown is a "skeleton" framework containing bulleted lines where, I suppose various listed items would go. Unfortunately (for me) there is no info whatsoever. My system is on the same domain as my Exchange 2...

Page # format changes when I convert to web publication
I can't figure out how to change my page number format back to Arabic in my web publication. It changed to Roman numerals when I converted from print to web. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. PS - I'm using Publisher 2003 ...

Business Card Printing Small
Hello Everyone, I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem. When I print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper. However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they should. The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0. I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer. I have printed business cards several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any ...

"Account setup is temporarily unavailable" ALWAYS!
Trying to set up automatic updates, I get "Account setup is temporarily unavailable" every time, forever. (Money 2006 Premium) MS's recommended "solution" - create a new account and merge it with the old one - is useless, as I am unable to create a new account with this institution because account setup is temporarily, i.e., permanently, unavailable. Looking through the ng archives (on another server), I see that this has been an ongoing problem for more than two years! What gives?? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote: >Trying to set up automat...