posting multiple worksheet .xls on webpage

I've run into a slight problem trying to post an excel spreadsheet to a
webpage. The spreadsheet has 6 worksheets. I've placed a link to the .xls
file in the webpage.

If the user clicks on the link (to open the file), he/she only sees the
first worksheet.

If, however, he/she downloads the file by right-clicking the link and
choosing to save the file, the entire file is downloaded, and the user can
then see all worksheets.

Why is this occurring, and what can I do to change this behavior?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve145 (9)
3/27/2005 9:43:07 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can I use a worksheet name in a formula?
I'm using Office 2007 I have a workbook with 20+ pages. On one of them I want to use a formula that refers to a worksheet name, but in different cells I want it to refer to different worksheets. I have a cell that currently has a name typed into it that matches a worksheet name. Can I refer to the contents of that cell (INDIRECT) and use the content to refer to the correct worksheet and then go to that worksheet for the data? eg. Sheet called Christmas. In cell H2 value = Pudding on another sheet cell B2 value = Christmas. I want the formula in cell J12 to go to Sheet C...

How to add an image to a worksheet programmatically
I am trying automate adding a picture to an excel sheet using JScript (I would imagine the language shouldn't matter that much). After doing quite a bit of research I tried writing the following code but I get an error saying that the 'Pictures' collection is null or not an object. I can't seem to figure out what I should be doing: var book = new ActiveXObject("OWC10.Spreadsheet"); var sheet = book.Worksheets[1]; var range = sheet.Range("A1"); range.Activate(); sheet.Pictures.Add( PATH_TO_LOGO_BMP ); Any suggestions? thanks for your help! Use something...

Centering a webpage
I have created a webpage for some sheep breeders. The problem I am having is that the centering is different on every computer and it does not look very good. The computer I designed the website on has a 17" monitor and if I just tell it to center, it is off on smaller monitors. Any suggestions?! How are you telling it to center? -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55D2B3C6-9090-4F02-AF4B-583A88BBCA1F@microsoft.com... :I have created a we...

worksheet to macmail address book
Anyone know of a way to move data from an Excel spreadsheet into a Macmail address book? Macmail is looking for something called an LDAP format. Thanks for any advice. ROB Hi Rob, Don't know anything about LDAP format, but that's not a problem. Simple to a Google search "to LDAP" csv excel you can be very restrictive as in the above since there are a lot of hits on LDAP and csv by themselves. The more restrictive the better the results (generally). Don't add the word free to the search -- you'll probably end up with more pay for than free soluti...

How do I link data between worksheets within a workbook?
I want to pull data from one worksheet to use in a formula in another worksheet. todo4u, just ref. the sheet name, like this, in a cell in sheet1, will add whats in sheet1 and sheet2 cell A1 =A1+Sheet2!A1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "todo4u" <todo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F287A45-B19F-4AC1-A2F4-285ED945B28C@microsoft.com... > I want to pull data from one worksheet to ...

2006 calendar on separate worksheets with several cells within a d
Does anyone know where I can download the above? "2006 calendar on separate worksheets with several cells within a d" What's the rest of the message? For Excel Calendar Templates visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377111033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:25:02 -0800, "2006 Calendars" <2006 Calendars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know where I can download the above? ...

OL2003: Selecting Multiple "Blocked Senders"?
In Outlook 2000, I was able to Ctrl-click multiple messages, then click on "Junk Senders List" and all the senders would be added to my spammers file. Under OL2003, I can't figure out if it's possible to designate more than one message at a time to be added to the Blocked Senders list. Is it? If so, how? {Jonathan} ...

Activex Events dont fire when multiple IE windows are open
Hello, I've an activex control that I display in an IE window. The activex component fires some events that are caught by the IE. I've some javascript code in my html file that catches the above said events and displays some status messages. Things work great when I have no other IE window open. However when I have other IE windows open ( doesn't matter what page is loaded on it) - the events won't fire. However the behavior varies from machine to machine. On some machines things just work without any problem - no matter how many IE windows are open. On other machines it doesnt...

How to post finished excel form on line?
I just finished an excel form and I want to post it online for the user to input data. How can I post the excel form online without changing any setting on excel sheet using internet explore browser? Thanks in advance. Luke ...

Insert File location to many xls files
Hi Everyone, I have a lot of excel files in a folder that need to be evaluated as keep or archive. Many have different names but are just different versions of the same file....I am going to print all the files out and have our group decide. I want the file name and location on each file. I know how to insert this one at a time but is there a way to insert this function on all of them at once? Thanks, Linda One way is a VBA routine that loops through the folder, opens each file in turn and inserts the filename/path into a specified cell. Crude but effective. You might want to pos...

Outlook Deployment Woes - MST File
Hello All Can someone confirm that this is expected behaviour . We want to acheive the following: Deploy Outlook 2003 SP2 on all machines. Some of the machines already have olders versions of Office and some have nothing at all. I am not particularly concerned about Office, only the Outlook component. Office is out of scope but if it all gets upgraded with the Outlook work, then fine - double bonus. Here is what I have done: Created an installation point for Office on a network share Patched the installation point with SP2 Created an MST file which contains some Outlook profile settings. ...

Sharing excel worksheets
Is there any way possible that I can put three separate Excel spreadsheets on three separate computers and if one makes a change on any one of the spreadsheets and saves it, that it replicates on the other two. The same changes happen on the other two? Hi use 'Tools. Share workbook' Note: This feature allows only a restricted set of feature. Check the Excel help for more details -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tthomas@lcor.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0a0c01c4b2bb$c5444270$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an...

Print heading row on multiple pages
I have to print a sheet of data which contains the data headings on ro 1. However when I go to print a hardcopy (and the data goes beyond page) I cannot find a way to ensure the headings stay at the top o pages 2, 3, 4 etc. A simple problem but one which I can't find an answer to! thanks Greg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - Sheets' and define row 1 as repeating row >-----Original Message----- >I have to print a sheet of data which contains the data headings on row >1. However when I go to print a hardcopy (and the da...

May 5.5 Post SP4 Rollup
Having installed this, is it right that any previous patches are still listed in the add/remove programs list? With Windows service packs, once installed all the various hotfixes that were installed that the service pack includes are removed from the list. It's not a huge deal, just wondering why it's the way it is. Also, any patches needed to use Outlook 2003 other than the rollup and the CDO patch for OWA? regards Paul -- paul <at> spamcop.net ...

Print conditional worksheets
I would like to print worksheets depending on the value of B2 (in Sheet1). If B2 = "pens" or "paper" Then print Sheet1, Sheet3 and Sheet4 If B2 = "pencils" Then print Sheet1, Sheet5 Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks in advance. Hi Try this macro Sub Tetst() With Sheets("Sheet1") If .Range("B2") = "pens" Or .Range("B2") = "paper" Then Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet4")).PrintOut ElseIf .Range("B2") = "pencil...

Multiple DBs sharing tables
Can we set up multiple databases to share information like customers or items. We have five companies setup in five dbs and the item list is similar enough that we could use one list and customers may be repeated across companies as well. if I could "point" all dbs to a single customer and item table we would only have to enter info 1 time. When we moved over to GP we loaded all of the information from each company into an excel workbook and then that was loaded into G/P. That gave us the ability to clean things up!! "S Meyer" wrote: > Can we set up multiple data...

Making multiple cells absolute at once
I set up a very large workbook. I have linked the formulas of one sheet to another, however, I need the columns to be rows and the rows to be columns. I have linked the values, but I need to make all the cells in the sheet absolute before I can transpose them. There are over 20,000 cells and I really don't want to hit the F4 key 20,000 times in the sheet. A replace would not work for this, as the data is too big. I have tried a copy and then paste special- paste link, but it only makes the reference absolute when one cell is copied at a time. Any ideas on making many cell refe...

Naming shapes
Is there a way of referencing, in code, a Shape object other than using its's string name? Problem Excel allows duplicate names: If I have 5 shapes (rectangles, ovals, triangles, etc) and name them each "Shape".. and in code I.. ActiveSheet.Shapes("Shape").Select ....this will select the first Shape laid onto the Sheet that was renamed "Shape" Is there another way of referencing an individual shape? I'm fishing for something like an array subscript. I'm looking for a quick and efficient way of processing a large number of shape objects. i.e....

Fixed Asset Posting to the GL
Hello: Is there any way to control the way that fixed asset batches post to the GL in terms of the Posting Setup window? I mean, is it possible to have the "Create a Journal Entry Per" setting in the Posting Setup window configured to allow the batch posted to the GL from Fixed Asets to post as separate journal entries rather than as one huge batch? If not, there ought to be a way placed in Great Plains in a future release. I mean, if everything from Fixed Assets posted over the course of a month were posted all at once, that would be one huge and possibly undecipherable jo...

Multiple e-maiis on 2 computers
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

Rules
I use Outlook 2002 in a corporate environment. In addition to my personal work mailbox, I also have a group mailbox that I check. Since this secondary mailbox is heavily trafficed, is there a way I can get my rules to apply to this mailbox? It seems as though the rules I create only effect my primary mailbox. Thanks a ton. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Worksheet Size #2
Does anyone know how to work out the size of an individual worksheet within a workbook? Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi see http://www.decisionmodels.com/fastexcelD.htm for a tool which can calculate this (not for free - and I personally haven't use this). If you want to do it on your own, AFAIK there's no direct information for getting the size of an individual worksheet. What you can do in a macro: - create a blank new workbook# - get the size of this blank workbook - copy your worksheet to this new workbook - measure again the size of this workbook - repeat for all workshe...

how to compare 2 worksheets in 1 workbook
I'm trying to figure out how to find any difference in 2 (or more) worksheets in one workbook (file). These are text files. If you can ensure that both worksheets are in the same sequence by sorting them using the same column(s), then in a third worksheet you can enter into A1 a formula like: =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"","different") This formula can be copied across for as many columns as you have, and can be copied down for as many rows as you have. Any differences between the two sheets will be pointed out to you in the appropriate cell. Hope this helps. Pete ...

Trouble with Dates between 2 seperate worksheets
In Excel 2000, I am having trouble with dates retaining when copying a worksheet from one workbook to another. For example, in one cell, we have a date of April 8, 2005 and when I copy the worksheet to another workbook, is changes to April 9, 2009. (it adds 4 years and 1 day) I have tried several formatting changes - with no luck. HELP PLEASE IT IS MAKING ME CRAZY!! -- Julie Saved from a previous post: One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904. (tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system) One way to add those four years back is to find an empty c...

Multiple VBA script
Hello, I would like to run the same script many times in one sheet. I am starting to write a football tipping comp record sheet. It has the home and away teams, the person's pick, the winner then the ponts for the round. If a person picks the winner, they get 2 points. If the teams draw, the person gets 1 point. If the person does not pick the winner, they get 0 points and then if a person correctly picks a draw, they get four points. I have set up a VBA formula to correctly enter in the points when comparing the pick cell to the winner cell. However what I have found now is that I ...