Possible to link Excel cells to text box in Word using Word's text formatting?

Hi everyone. Here is one of those "is this possible" type situations,
which if possible, would make my Augusts less stressful each year.

Each August I'm in charge of putting together our annual statistics
and producing maps of the state to show activity in each county.
Initially my maps were Word documents with individual text boxes for
each #. I still have that version saved, but recently I've converted
it to a pdf document to make changing the numbers a lot easier
(although not being able to add lines of text is a hindrance
sometimes).

What I'd love to be able to do is to link that Word document map to my
excel spreadsheets that contain the data (and are included as charts
in the annual report book) so that I don't need to manually update the
maps. I tried it once, but what I got was a tiny box that was
formatted as an Excel cell and I couldnt' change the font face or size
within word.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

0
arletta (1)
7/25/2007 3:10:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Excel 2007

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

formula based on format