car
bar
top
list
bin
funny
time
this

I need to have a comma after each word--

car,
bar,
top,
list,
bin,
funny,
time,
this,

Thanks

0
cshowell (1)
5/22/2006 8:55:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could try this:

=CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste
Values.

--
moe10134
moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094

for each c in selection
c.value=c & ","
next c

to put together

for each c in selection
mylist= mylist & c & ","
next c
msgbox mylist
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"craigs" <cshowell@omicron.com> wrote in message
>I have a list :
>
> car
> bar
> top
> list
> bin
> funny
> time
> this
>
> I need to have a comma after each word--
>
> car,
> bar,
> top,
> list,
> bin,
> funny,
> time,
> this,
>

> Thanks

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Microsoft Word issue
My wife is a public HS teacher. She writes classroom material and exams in Word (Office 2003) and we have encountered a unique problem. She creates a word document of text with photos in the document (Insert / picture / from file)(the file is a .JPG file on her computer). Then she goes to print it on an HP Photosmart printer on my computer, over the network. The document prints .... but the picture is blank. Just white space where it should be, no picture. We found a workaround: Print to Adobe Acrobat PDF file (her computer has full version Acrobat installed). The pho...

Labeling 1st through 11th place
I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... How would I go about doing that? I can get it to find the largest or smallest number in the set but no the other ones. I want it to update as the numbers change as they will each week. Help..... Thank you in advance, Paul =LARGE(A1:A100,1) =LARGE(A1:A100,2) etc. will get them all or a copy-able formula =LARGE(A1:A1,ROW(A1)) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "psilzle" <psilzle@bbei.com> wrote in message...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

Where best to place an instruction in a VBA script
Hi All I'm using this code when I open my workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim mysheets As Sheets Set mysheets = Worksheets(Array(1)) For Each Sheet In mysheets Sheets("ShareSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:J27" Next End Sub I'd like cell A200 to be selected and have the cursor box on it on opening the worksheet. I'm trying to place this line in the code : Application.Goto Reference:="R200C1" but can't get it to work. Can someone advise please? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes hi Range("A2...

Show gridlines only prints every other line
Every time I try to print a document in Excel 2003 and use the show gridlines feature, it only prints the lines every other line. It will print a line then skip one and then print a line and so on. Does anybody have an idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Appreciate any assistance, Jason ...

How can I place the legend next to the data point on a chart?
In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to a data point. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and can not find this option. Hi, Select the data labels and right click. Format Data Labels to bring up the Format dialog. Select Label Options in the list. The 3rd section has the checkbox 'Include legend key in label' Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LW52" <LW52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE67856-47D5-4C87-A13B-637353098E7D@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to ...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Toolbar Transition Word 2003 to 2007
Dear All, I'm sure this has been dealt with far too often here. I'm finding lots of bits and pieces of information all over the web on the topic, but I'd like to "ask the experts" for advice on best places to start -- and inquire about one thing I have observered so far. We're moving to Office 2007 and I'm charged with managing the transition of our macros -- not that many, but a few and worth preserving -- to the new environment. In Word 2003, we have about a half dozen toolbars, each with between 4 and 8 macros. I'm looking for the sle...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Help:Trouble with budget and deposit every other week
There seems to be a problem when I try to put into the bidget that I am getting paid every other week. The amount for the first one shows up, but the other one does not. This causes the budget to always be off and there seems to be no way to correct it. Do you have any suggestions, I could sure use it. Thanks ...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

Lose access to email every night
Not sure what time this occurs, or what exactly happens. Anybody heard of this?: Come in in the AM and cannot connect to Exchange store. OWA runs, we can log in, and we can see message list, but cannot open the messages. Rebooting the server, we can now connect, but any email that came in during the night is only visible in OWA, not in Outlook. I can make it visible in Outlook by moving it in OWA to another folder. If I run a defrag of the store, and an integrity check, this appears to make the mail visible again. What steps should I take to debug? i would start by looking in the ...

How Do I Copy A List Of Filenames Into A Word Document?
I have a list of filenames in a directory and I wish to copy and paste the names of the files only into a WORD document. How do I go about this task? See the freeware Printfolders utility that you can download from my web site. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &q...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

How do i post a 200-300 assignment as a word checkpoint
My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint how do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the checkpoint? "cap5869" <cap5869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F749AE-E914-4A0E-B720-B9FD90E37C72@microsoft.com... > My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint > how > do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the > checkpoint? Either you've misunderstood, or your instructor needs to clarify what a "checkpoint" is. No such thing in an...

Office 2004
When I try to launch finder to open a saved document in word 2004, excel 2004 or powerpoint 2004, Finder takes a ling time to launch. Any ideas why this is happening? Powerbook G4 1GB RAM Office 2004 20GB HDD Free ________________ Chetan Ullal Hi Chetan, You mean the File | Open dialog takes a long time to come up? (I'm not sure whether Open/Save dialogs are actually the Finder) Or are you actually switching over to the Finder, and it takes a long time to let you do anything? Do you have an iDisk from .mac, by any chance? I think iDisk has been connected to slow Open/Save dialogs....

Create Labels in Word
I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word. I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I create them. ...

Problem with email mail merge
Is there a problem using word 2002 and outlook 2003 when using the email mail merge funtion. When i execute the mail merge no outgoing emails are generated? Any ideas? // Mats ...