Pivote table adding Fileds

Dear All Happy new year
I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it was
exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i make
refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed withot
any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported again
(with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two
more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the old
filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the pivote
table unless i restart the pivote table from the start ,
MY Question is , is there any way i can add these new filds to  my
prevouse pivote table withpout restart it from the biging ( i mean to
start making this pivote from zero)

Please Help me

Thanks

Jena

--
jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard
Click the Back button
Click the Get Data button
In the Query Wizard, click the + beside the query that you used.
Select the new fields in the list, and click the > button, to move them
to the list at the right.
Click Next, three times, then click Finish.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
12/29/2005 4:11:42 AM
Dear Debra Dalgleish

Thank you a lot that really work and help me strongly in my work ,it
save me time thanks again :)

--
jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496367

Dear Debra Dalgleish

Thank you a lot that really work and help me strongly in my work ,it
save me time thanks again
:)

Debra Dalgleish Wrote:
> Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard
> Click the Back button
> Click the Get Data button
> In the Query Wizard, click the + beside the query that you used.
> Select the new fields in the list, and click the > button, to move
> them
> to the list at the right.
> Click Next, three times, then click Finish.
>

> jena wrote:
> > Dear All Happy new year
> > I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it
> was
> > exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i
> make
> > refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed
> withot
> > any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported
> again
> > (with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two
> > more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the
> old
> > filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the
> pivote
> > table unless i restart the pivote table from the start ,
> > MY Question is , is there any way i can add these new filds to  my
> > prevouse pivote table withpout restart it from the biging ( i mean
> > start making this pivote from zero)
> >
> > Please Help me
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jena
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496367

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it worked.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

empty pivot table fields
How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks Right-click on the Weeks field button. Select Field Settings Add a check mark to 'Show items with no data' Click OK bobf wrote: > How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no > accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week > 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - > Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red error: "Access to the path 'C:\ \Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\LOG\ \Log_Backup_Subplan_1_20100301134505.txt' is denied." The path shows the old one. So it seems that I need to change the Maintenance plan log file location ...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

File SaveAs
I perform a file save as in the workbook but when I do this I the original file is no longer open. This causes me to manully reopen the original file. I would like the original file to remain open even during or after the new workbook is created. Any ideas....thank you. My current code is below: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="WHLS Oversight Rpt " & Format(Date, "mmddyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False Ap...

Movie Maker file with Nero
can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If so, how? -- Charlie Charlie wrote: > can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If > so, how? ========================================= I guess you know this is off topic for this newsgroup? Anyway...I saved the following info from a previous message..it might be worth a try. ===== Save your slideshow in WMM as DV-AVI file. How do I save my movie as a DV-AVI file in Movie Maker? http://tinyurl.com/8ktlw Then open Nero, click on make DVD Video, click on add file, call up your DV-AVI file, make your opening ...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

Sorting table automatically
I have a set of results which are collected into a table B3:AB23. The data is then sorted by the following macro below. I would like the table to be automatically sorted without me having to use the Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y 30-50 times a day. Can this be done? Sub League() ' ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y ' Range("B3:AB23").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C4"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range("J4") _ , Order2:=xlDescending, Key3:=Range("H4"), Order3:=xlDescending, Header _ :=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, Mat...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

WEEKNUM in pivot returns 1900-01-31
Hi! I'm sitting with an excel pivot that has one column (Weeks) which originates from fields formatted like this: =WEEKNUM(G445;2). But in the pivot, the field magically converts into 1900-01-31 (Swedish date)! It looked alright to me until 1 Augusti, when the weeknumber changed from 31 to 32. Then it restarted from 31 to 1 :( I've tried to change the original formula to =TEXT(WEEKNUM(G445;2);0), but the pivot can't sort the list properly, thinking that 21 comes after 1... Any ideas? Thanks alot! /Martin If you just format that field (in the pivottable) as General, what do you...

finding where a file is stored
2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? What do mean by 'now it doesn't...' Nothing has changed... Anyway use this in any cell =CELL("filename",A1) to see the complet path and file name "Catherine" wrote: > 2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it > doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used to be able to go to Save-As, an...

Opening Pub 2003 Files in Pub 2000
I created a booklet in Publisher 2003 for my sons school. Put the file on disk for them and they can not open the file. They have Publisher 2000. The school will need to edit the file. What can we do so they will be able to open and edit the file? Not a good idea but... File Save As and change the file type. Your file size will grow and may not be the same as what you've created. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tntsmith4322" <tntsmith4322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FACCB1E-D42D-43F7-99C8-452AECA6D992@microsoft.com... >...

URGENT : Bug in XLS budget file
I have a multi-tab budget worksheet. I run XLS03, no macro. Now, after opening the file, when I enter a number in a cell in one of the tab, the number appears on the other tabs at exactely the same cell location. It happens on 4 tabs out of 8 in total. It's like all 4 tabs are the same sheet but no links exist between them, at least not where I enter the numbers. (links exists in other cells). It simply overwrite the other cells. But all 4 tabs have initially the right numbers and formula in them. I've tried to save the file under another name, open the file on a colleague PC r...

Merging html files
Hi I need to merge outlook signature and stationery files to create one html file for mail shot from within Access via outlook. Is there code sample somewhere that demonstrates how to merge the two signature and stationery html files into one? Many Thanks Regards ...

Same .pst Files Looks Different on other PC
Hello, I have a weird problem. I have a small network at home with 1 desktop and 1 (wireless) laptop. I have installed MS Office XP on both computer including all the servicepacks and updates (both Outlook version numbers 10.4712.4219 SP-2). I share my document folder which is on the desktop, so I can access it through the laptop. When I open the .pst file on my laptop, Outlook handles the full-day appointments differently. It moves them up one hour, i.e. makes the appointments start at 23.00 hours the night before (and then they last till 23.00 hours on the right day). When I double-click th...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

MC FILES
Hi, i have an mc file containing text in english and korean languages.I have changed my System Locale to Korean and my OS is Windows 2000(English).When i compiled this mc file i am getting all the string ids in .h file.So i was not able to access these ids using FindResourceEx() as it is searching the string table for the ids and my other language id is in .h file.How can i make this fucntion to search in .h file also?Or Is there any other way where i can copy the string ids to string table -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. You are confused. There is not a single .h file...