Pivot Tables #3

Has anyone encountered the issue below?

Upon "PivotTable" refresh, an error message occurs "The Pivot Table Field
Name is not valid.  To create a Pivot Tbale report, you must use the data
that is organized as a list with the labeled columns.  If you are changing
the name of the Pivot Table field, you must type a new name for the field.

Basically, the Pivot Table feature stops working at this point.

Andrew
0
Seto (3)
2/3/2005 9:19:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do you have any blank cells in the heading row? That would cause that
error message to appear.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Background #3
Is it possible to apply a default background to all new and reply messages, without having to add it through the format menu each time. Paul I have sorted this thanks Paul P> Is it possible to apply a default background to all new and reply P> messages, without having to add it through the format menu each time. ...

Help me #3
How can i change font size in combo box in exce -- raphy5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- raphy50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27803 Hi what combo box do you mean. The one create with 'Data - Validation'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany raphy50 wrote: > How can i change font size in combo box in excel For controls from the Forms toolbar, the font size can't be changed. If you use controls from the Co...

pivot table from different worksheets
hi to all, can i do a pivot table out of different worksheets ? currently i have a daily database (same structure, different values). i place them on file each on a different worksheet. how do i go about including all the worksheets on the same pivot table? sev You could create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges: 1. Choose Data>PivotTable and PivotChart Report 2. Select Multiple consolidation ranges, click Next 3. Select one of the page options, click Next 4. Select each range, and click Add, click Next 5. Select a location for the PivotTable, click Finish However, y...

crm 3.0 kerberos issue
Hi all- Problem i have is that when users are logged in to crm webclient, using the alias (http://crm) of the server in the address bar, they will eventually be prompted for their logon credentials. This logon prompt does not happen when they fire up crm, so it appears that integrated windows authentication is initially working. However, after a period of time (random- can be less than an hour, or more than an hour), they will then be prompted for their credentials. However, if the users access crm via the netbios name of the server (http://CRMSERVER:5555) they can work all day with no proble...

Messages in Queue #3
I keep getting messages in the Queue (Exchange 2003 Standard) that will not send? Most are from Postmaster, when I look at them. Anyone else having a problem with this? Is this Spam reply?? Thx Those are likley just NDRs that Exchage is trying to send to servers that of course cannot be reached because they are spammers. Install a Barracuda. Those virtually disappear for my clients as soon as install the Barracuda. "North Coast Sea Foods" wrote: > I keep getting messages in the Queue (Exchange 2003 Standard) that will not > send? > > Most are from Postmast...

Pivot table toolbar #2
User wants to open Excel-file containing Pivot table in IE. The problem is that the Pivot table toolbar opens also and the user doesn't want others to be confused by it. The versions are Excel 2003 and IE 5.5 or IE 6.0. For me it works fine if I have saved the file toolbar hidden but for the user that doesn't work. Why is it working for me, but not for her? ...

Linked Table Dilema
Hi, Access 2000 & Excel 2000 I have 6 linked dbf tables to MS Access on a server which are automatically updated each day Queries are written in Access and Excel is used to extract data depending on the users selection, this works fine when using the raw dbf files, however there are occasions when the user has to do a what- if scenario and the dbf files are copied to the users local C:\My Documents folder where they can make changes to the dbf file using my Excel program as the files on the server have to remain unchanged. When running from the local drive I have to manually copy the m...

CRM 3 outlook client with Outlook 12 Beta
Does anyone know if its possible to get the CRM 3 outlook client working with teh Outlook 12 beta? Outlook 12 is great, and im very glad i got to test it as it really has some nice features. I certainly dont want to do without it now I'm trying it, but I really miss the CRM outlook client which says that I dont have a support Outlook version. From what i understand of the outlook addin model, i dont see why it shouldnt work, and certainly i havent had any problems using any of my outlook 2003 plug ins (spambayes, etc etc) Any ideas ? No and this will not be supported until sometime...

Pivot Table Data #3
I've just discovered pivot tables and WOW! A **totally** beginner question: It appears that changes made to the source data will reflect in a pivot table, after refreshing. But, vice-versa, it appears that changes made in a pivot table cannot be reflected in the source data. Am I correct? Many thanks, Karen That's correct -- if you change a heading in the pivot table, it doesn't affect the source data. There's a sample file on my web site that uses programming to change source data, after a change in the pivot table. Make a backup copy of the data before experimentin...

create one pivot from mulitple data sources
Can anyone help point me to references regarding building a single pivot table from multiple data sources. For example, If I have two different worksheets that have a common data field that can be used to correlate the two sets of data, can a pivot table be built that uses both sets of data? What about if one set of data is in a database and the other set of data is in an excel worksheet? I don't have control of the external database, so if I need to pull the data together 1st, before making a pivot, then I would have to create another database of my own and import both sets of data. ...

get SQL Server text data type into Excel pivot table
Is it possible to get the full text of SQL Server TEXT data types into Excel pivot tables? SQL Server 7 and Excel 2002 SP3 I have a table that has "text" data type column. I have an ODBC connection to the database. I go to Excel's PivotTable Wizard and select the ODBC data source, and then the table and columns, but I only get a max of 253 characters in my pivot table for the text type column (I know it's being truncated). I've found some VB code to get CLOB data from various DB types but I still don't know if it's possible to get that into my pivot ta...

import table
Hi, I got a message " Record is deleted" when I was trying to import a table from different database to my database. I have imported tables many times in the past, but I have a problem at this time. Please help. Thank you Chi It's possible that the table in the other database is corrupted. Maybe do a compact and repair on it. Or you could link to that table then use queries to find the problem record. After that you could run an append query and exclude the "deleted" record. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager...

3 Questions actually!
HI, first: I've made a program in excel, and when it loads up i would like only the program i've made to show, and not any of the excel stuff like the formula bar, or even the column and row letters/numbers, is this possible? I would also like to know if it's possible that when someone presses the x to close excel they do not get the choice to save what they have done. Last question, if i have 2 cells with figures in (e.g. A1 and B1) can i make a third cell say (A1 "to" B1)? Any help would be much appreciated... -- grandfilth --------------------------------------...

3.0 Case and ticket numbering
In ver 3.0 when a new case is created, CRM assignes a case number to the case such as SR-01484-OT9D. The email generated for new cases has a CRM number in the subject line such as CRM:00060060. If emails are sent with the case number, SR-01484-OT9D, in the subject line, they do not get posted to the history of the ticket. Since customers, both internal, and external, use the case number for referance, can some tell me how to make sure emails get posted to the case history properly using only the case number in the subject line? The only way to accomplish this would be to write your...

Custom Table Styles: Formatting Last Row
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to develop my own custom table styles in Word. I want to create at Table Style with a 1.5 line at the header row, and a 1.5 line below the last row. Creating a style for the 'header row' works just fine but I cannot seem to create a 1.5 line below the last row. Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? Also, aligning the header row in middle (vertically) is not working. <br> Thanks a lot in advance! I suspect that what "you" are doing wrong is "trying to u...

(<A = 1)+(>A = 3) = ... :(
Hi! I am new to the forum, and I love playing with Excel so I might be frequent visitor here, I dont know. :) I have this nifty Excel problem that I cannot solve. I need a formul that calculates the following for a roleplaying generator: Value A: Attribute (that decides 1 point or 3 points) Value B: Old Skill (current value) Value C: XP Points (that must be spent) Value D: New Skill (desired value) Description: In an rpg we are playing you upgrade your Old Skill b spending XP Points. As long as the skill is lower than your Attribute you pay 1 XP per Skill. When you go above your attribute...

Sotock status value recreation through IV30300 table?
Hi, I am trying to find the difference between my goods received report and my stock status report. I have managed to recreate the goods received report through a view off the IV10200 table. These values agree to the Goods received report's values (But this does not help). However if I try and recreate the stock status report off the IV30300 table my values do not agree. I realise one issue is the transfers in the report so I am trying to use a view like below to rectify this problem: Create view ERP_IV30300Breakdown as select TRXSORCE,DOCTYPE,DOCNUMBR,DOCDATE,HSTMODUL,CUSTNMBR,I...

Item Picture On Html Status Bar RMS 1.2/1.3

Pivot Table: Misordered date Grouping
I'm having a problem where the grouping is coming out wrong. I have dates ranging from October 2003 to June 2004. When I group by month, it gives me a January - November groupings vs. a October - June groupings. In other words, the October and November months should be in the first two columns given their dates come first. Thanks, Mark G. Hi, Can you post a piece of your data/spreadsheet? I can't get it to do what you describe. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I'm having a problem where the grouping is coming out >wrong. I have dates ranging from October 2...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #5
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

How do I get a string from the string table?
Is there a routine to get a string from the string table, where you give it the ID and it returns a char* or CString? Chris Baker wrote: > Is there a routine to get a string from the string table, > where you give it the ID and it returns a char* or CString? CString sText; sText.LoadString( IDS_HELLOWORLD ); Simon "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<3068961C-0752-4983-8274-6C43128C5006@microsoft.com>... > Is there a routine to get a string from the string table, > where you give it the ID and it returns a char* or...

Inventory Table: Itemtype field?
Hi there, I have a question that I need an answer to, and I am looking for some advise… First, the question…I am trying to find the “itemtype” definition for the inventory table in GP 7.5. Does anyone know what table these are in? Looking at the data in IV00101, I see values of 1 though 5. Now, over the past 6 months, I have been developing a Macromedia Flash\ColdFusion application that connects directly to the underlying tables in Great Plains 7.5. The main purpose of the application is for human resource management and scheduling, but it has many other features besides scheduling...

Converting pdf tables into Excel files
Converting pdf tables into Excel files http://www.library.mcgill.ca/edrs/services/publications/howto/PDFtoXLS/PDFtoExcel.html ...

Activity completion in CRM 3.0
Is there an easier way to complete an activity in v3.0 for any type set, besides going back into the original activity and choosing save and complete? I have not found any other way to do this? Am I missing something? Also, is there any other easy way to generate another activity or change the status of say a phone call to an email without deleting and recreating a new activity? thanks ...

table design 12-04-07
There is any way to have a field name should automaticaly liknked with another table becuse i want to design a table in there field name should updated utomaticaly from another table any tips regrds faisal Riyadh It sounds like a bad idea, there are better (and accepted) ways to accomplish what you are looking for. By the fact that you are talking about updating a field in a particular record based on a change in a field in a particular record means that there is some relationship that ties those two records together. If this is a simple "one-to-one" relationship betwe...