Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top

Hello,

I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by
date across the top from left to right.  I would love to insert a
subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last
three months.  As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field
from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the
pivot table.

Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum
Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07?

Thanks in advance,

Dza

0
dvpetta (9)
6/20/2007 4:12:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In 2007-

Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the
Group group, the grouping dialogue box should appear, you can select group
by quarter

<dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by
> date across the top from left to right.  I would love to insert a
> subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last
> three months.  As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field
> from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the
> pivot table.
>
> Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum
> Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dza

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

table #4
In Excel 2002 I have the following table; Column G Column H Row 33 30 $1.05 Row 34 45 $1.00 Row 35 60 $0.95 Row 36 90 $0.85 Row 37 120 $0.79 What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value from H33 put in J5, if the value in I5 is 31-45 I want the value in J5 to be H34, if the value in I5 is 45-60 I want the value in J5 to be H35, if the value in I5 is 61-90 I want the value in J5 to be H36, and if the value in I5 is ...

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

how to paste a series formula across worksheets?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have a budget workbook w/12 worksheets, 1 per month. i have a row of starting totals for each month. how do i copy the starting total in january's worksheet and paste it across the following months' worksheets in increasing months? Ex: in january's worksheet, cell A2 has the total of $100. in february's worksheet, the formula in A2 is: &quot;=100+Jan!A2&quot;. how do i copy/paste the formula across the rest of the worksheets so that they read &quot;=100+Feb!A2&quot;,...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

Subtotal
Hi all. I have formula in A2 =SUBTOTAL(3,A4:A2963) this counts the number of visible records, (after using Autofilter), that contain text (ignores blank cells), this works OK. Problem: Formula does *not* ignore blank cells, if those cells contain formulae. Is there a workaround? Many thanks George Gee Try =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$4:$A$2963<>""),SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$4,ROW($A$4:$A$2963)-MI N(ROW($A$4:$A$2963)),,))) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "George Gee" <george.n...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Variable in Subtotal
Dear all, I'm trying to put a subtotal in my list, but in some cases I have three columns to sum (4,5,6); some case I have more or less columns to sum; it's variable. How can change this code to obtain it? Range(Cells(7, 1), Cells(65536, 256)).Subtotal GroupBy:=3D1, Function:=3DxlSum, TotalList:=3DArray(4, 5, 6), _ Replace:=3DTrue, PageBreaks:=3DFalse, SummaryBelowData:=3DTrue Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. ...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

where would the SUM icon be if it is not at the top of my screen?
Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click. Why would it go away? It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would that take it away? Right click on any visible toolbar, click CUSTOMIZE in the drop-down menu and in the dialog box that is displayed next, click the TOOLBARS tab. Select the STANDARD toolbar from the list of available toolbars and click the RESET button on left side of the tab page. Click OK to close. If that doesn't work, click the last but...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

Need help with tables
I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very much app...

Re: Extracting Top 5 & Bottom 5 Variance for Revenu/Expendenture & Net Position #2
Hi All, if i had coloumns that had the title Revenue, Expenditure & Ne Position & under neath these Headings a row for each Revenue Expendenture & Net Position called Actuals then Budget then Variance My Question is what i would like is to be able to only have the Top 5 Bottom 5 Variances in all 3 Headings Revenue, Expendenture & Ne Position. How can i achieve this please. Would appreciate all th help. Thank you. Also each time i try to insert an attachment in this lette being excel it comes up as failure, why is thi -- william444 ------------------------------------------...

Pivot Tables
What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, and "Count" in Pivot tables is like "CountA" in formulas. Is this true? I think you have it! It's like what you find in the statusbar, too. RS wrote: > > What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I > am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, ...