Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2

Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m
problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo
Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota
Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th
counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th
sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th
Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend.
There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i
stacked or clustered. I have three distinct item #s that display tw
subtotals under one item # instead of one column displaying the gran
total. The rest of the chart is fine. I can't determine why only thre
item #s are affected and not the others.
This is definitely a hard problem to understand without the sprea
sheet and chart in front of you, but any help will be beneficial.
The Total Lost $ data is a SUMIF function while the others ar
manually typed in for each new entry. I have been successful usin
SUMIF functions in my other pivot tables with this data, accept fo
this Total Lost $ column in the data.
Thanks

--
Tycon2
Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here is a graphical representation of my problem. I am referring to th
51068 and 52062 columns. Thanks for the help

|Filename: PT Problem.JPG
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2808

Tycon2
Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27665

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

want to do piovt table, where rows over 100,000
Hi.. i have around 100,000 rows of data... of cousres the worksheet i can only put 66000 or so rows per sheet. i want to do a pivot table that combines the two sheets. how can i do this? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have that many data I would suggest you store this data in a real database (e.g. MS Access). With Excel's pivot table wizard you can then access this database as datasource. Another way would be to split the data in two worksheets and within the pivot table wizard choose the 'non contigenous ranges' for the data source -- Reg...

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

Convert Column to row with variable data
Hi I'm using Excel 2k and I have a spreadsheet that looks like this Name Address Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 and need it to look like this Name Address 1 Address2 Address3 Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 I have a macro that can convert from column to row but only for a set number of columns. Is there any way to account for the variable amount of data for each address ? Any help much appreciated Thanks David David: I suggest the following formulae - copied down as necessary: C2: =IF(...

sum of a column according to two or more variables
I have a master log with a column called hours lost, a column calle vendor, one called problem type and the rows are labeled and sorted b date. I would like to sum the hours lost column for each month according t the month and vendor, and have the sum end up in one cell I would also like to sum the hours lost column for each month accordin to the month and problem type and have the sum end up in one cell basically I only want the hours lost data for a specific vendor an month at one time or a specific problem type and month at one time, bu I don't know how to set up the formula correctl...

Workflow rule on (Order)Products and columns of related entities in advanced find view
Hi, Does anyone know whether it's possible to create workflow rules on (Order)Products, since the entity Products isn't part of the standard workflow entity? In my example I have added a new (expiry) date attribute on the OrderProduct form. Now I would like to add a workflow rule on that datefield to create a task when the expiry date is nearly reached; but the problem I have is that i can't "reach" the fields on the OrderProduct form to put a workflow rule on? Another problem I have is that I've created an advanced find query in which I query customers who have or...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Remove last letter from column
Hi, I have a list of titles and some titles have a letter A or B at the end.. is there a function/formula I can use to remove them if it ends in A or B? For example (my list): Accounting Sr Mgr B Accounts Payable Sr Mgr B Ambulatory Plng Sr Prog Dir A Need it to look like this: Accounting Sr Mgr Accounts Payable Sr Mgr Ambulatory Plng Sr Prog Dir Thanks! This will get rid of the A or B at the end along with the space before it. Assuming the value is in A5: =IF(OR(RIGHT(A5,2)=" B",RIGHT(A5,2)=" A"),LEFT(A5,LEN(A5)-2),A5) kvc wrote: > Hi, I have a list of titles a...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

reflecting values in a column into a row
I am creating a chart to map a round-robin chess game. If there are 4 players, then all 4 has to play one another. if I have the names John Mike Sally Bill Then I'd like to type them into a columns and write a formula in a row to pick up the names the spreadsheet should then look like this: John Mike Sally Bill John Mike Sally Bill I think it may be achieved with the Indirect() function, but my Excel 2007 help seems broken and I can't figure it out without an example. Thanks. MikeB With names in A2:A5 Enter in B1 =INDIRECT("A"&COLUMN(B1)) Or...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

Change Row/Column Height & Width
I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work. Why is that that - do I need to adjust a setting? And is there any way to set it so that if text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe text fit appropriately? Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I should be ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...