Pivot Table Source Data

I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this
relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to
have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just
include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we
are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However
no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column
in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has
my brain turned to mush?

thanks for the help in advance.

Bryan

P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but it still did not work.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Bryan

it sounds as though you need to sort the field by Date in the PT.
Double click on the Field label, Advanced and choose Ascending

Regards

Roger Govier

Bryan wrote:
> I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this
> relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to
> have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just
> include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we
> are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However
> no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column
> in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has
> my brain turned to mush?
>
> thanks for the help in advance.
>
> Bryan
>
> P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but it still did not work.

0
roger1272 (620)
9/19/2005 11:34:25 AM
Roger Govier wrote:
> Hi Bryan
>
> it sounds as though you need to sort the field by Date in the PT.
> Double click on the Field label, Advanced and choose Ascending
>
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> Bryan wrote:
> > I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this
> > relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to
> > have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just
> > include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we
> > are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However
> > no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column
> > in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has
> > my brain turned to mush?
> >
> > thanks for the help in advance.
> >
> > Bryan
> >
> > P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but it still did not work.

Roger,

You were spot on. Thanks :)

BRyan

Dashboards and Source Data
Hello, I created a dashboard with several small graphs on it. The data for the graphs is stored on a separate data sheet (i.e., work sheet). I now want to duplicate the dashboard/data sheets to build a dashboard for another employee. I envision the workbook eventually having 5 dashboards driven off 5 data sheets. The trick I'm looking for is a way to change the datasource for the graphs on the copied datasheet to the appropriate corresponding data sheet. I know how to do it manually but it seems like there should be some sort of "find and replace" type f...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

How to force data to be put in entry
When anther row (line) is added to a worksheet I want to be made sure within the row a certain column is filled in before saving is done. How do I create that? Thx, Jac Hi Jac You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module to check if all cells in the C column in Sheet1 have a value If not you can't save the file See also this event Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) RC = Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows.Count If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA _ ...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

Basic Pivot Table Questions
Two basic questions: In my pivot table I click on the "Data" box to get a pop-up window of the possible fields I can filter. By default "show all" is checked. If I go through and uncheck some fields, hit "OK", only those fields are displayed. When I click the "Data" box again, only the fields that I filtered to appear, and even when I hit "Show all", I cant seem to get back that full original list. How do I do this? Also, is there an easy way to add a customized "group" to this list? For example if I have 30 fields, and regula...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Pivot Table Drop Down Boxes
I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page selection, then open the District drop down box, and all districts countrywide are shown. I only want to see Districts to choose from in Region A. Excel 2003 - Windows XP That feature isn't available in the pivot table dropdown lists. Dave S wrote: > I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant > to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page > selection, then ...

Source browser and VC7.1
As I understand it, there is no source browser in VC7 or 7.1, and a VC7 MFC (or other) project does not build a .bsc file by default (as it does in VC6). However, you can change your VC7 settings to generate .sbr files and a .bsc file if you wish. But there is no source browser! So I thought: "Ah, but I can use the source browser in VC6 (which I prefer anyway ...)." But it doesn't work: VC6 says it is not a valid source browser file. The same if VC6 tries to open the mfc.bsc that comes with VC7. So if VC7 has no source browser, and the VC6 one cannot read VC7 .bsc files,...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

Combining Tables
Hello, I have 5 files in excel. These files will have the same fields, but the information will change in them every week. I am then going to import the the excel files into access into my five tables that I have created. What I need is from all those 5 five tables to be combined into one big table. I want to keep all the same fields, just a combination of the five. I have to do some modifications on that on that huge file. But my main concern is how to combine all that data into one huge file. Thanks It sounds as though you are expecting Access to be Excel ("same...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

New To Pivot Table
I have the following sales data: dept, category, description, Qty sold, sold price, total sale, date sold, cost,profit,prfit margin. the following is an example: beer 12 pks,miller lite, 2, 7.99, 15.98, 7/1/05, 13.98, 2, 14% The 12 pks represents the ctegory, miller lite represents the description, and soforth. I have about 15 different departments, I would like to setup a pivot table to track and compare the data per week, month, quarters and year, for example: total sales, profit, cost, profit margin for the first week on july for each department compared with the same da...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

Filtered Records as source for appending records to a table
I have an inventory database with a form to create multiple items with the same product information at once, it goes to a second form where the individual serial numbers can be entered. The second form shows the filtered recordset of items just created. I want to be able to press a button on the second form and have a transaction created in my transactiontbl using each of the itemids in the filtered recordset. The new transaction records should be as follows... TransactionTbl TransactionID -> Autonumber Transdate -> Date () ItemID -> Number (foreign Key itemid fr...

Recover data from a corrupted spreadsheet
any suggestions for recovering data from a secured spreadsheet/ password protected? The hard drive had a corrupted FAT table, I have recovered the files and I can extract data from non-secured spreadsheets but I cannot extract data from any secured spreadsheets. The data appear encrypted. How do I enter a password if I am not prompted for one when attempting to open the spreadsheet? Any suggestions or use of additional third party tools would be appreciated. -- als Maybe OpenOffice would be worth a try: (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) I've never used it, b...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

vba excel 2007 data mining
hi, i tried recording a macro to do an analysis using excel 2007 data mining addin. But later when i try to run the macro it did not work. I checked the macro code - it did not seem have any code to call the data mining algorithm in the data mining addin. Please help ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

Scroll Through Pivot Table Entries
XL 2007 XP I have a pivot table chart. The chart is setup to show only one entry at at time. I have with many different entries, 197 total, in the Report Filter, however, as mentioned above I only want it to display one entry at at time. Is there a way to create a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar and use that so that it causes the chart to scroll through each entry one at a time? Thanks ...