Pivot table sorting #2

Hello,

I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based
on a database containing details like

partnumber
source
import flag
Description
total value... etc.

In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total
value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value
field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am
not getting the required result.

My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003.

Pivot table report is given below

Source	(All)
Imp	      (All)
Sub	      (All)
Description	(All)

Sum of Total
Partnumber	Total	    	    Total
a	    	-160773.0881	-160773.0881
B	    	-2725.624632	-2725.624632
c	    	-154.1365	    	-154.1365
d	    	-61.6546	    	-61.6546
e	    	-215.7911	    	-215.7911
f	    	-770.967	    	-770.967
g	    	-770.967	    	-770.967
h	    	-770.967	    	-770.967

Regards,

Jimmy Joseph
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't think it can be done. I have tried it in the past as well and
couldn't get it right. A long way of doing it, is to copy the Pivot Table
and paste the values on a new sheet and then sort it. The problem is
everytime you update the Pivot you must do it all again.

Could subtotals maybe help?
0
Rip (3)
5/10/2006 9:26:40 AM
It cannot be done in that Pivot Table Layout. If you put the Total in the
Row it can be sorted. Change the Layout.

The only way to do it with your current Layout is to copy the Table and
paste it on a new sheet and sort it the way you want to. The problem is
every time you update the Pivot you must do it again.
0
Rip (3)
5/10/2006 9:46:41 AM
Select a cell in the Total column, then click the Sort Descending button
(Z-A) on the Excel toolbar.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Table link documentation

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Sorting Cells by Colors