Pivot Table: showing data as % of subtotal

Hi,

I have pivot table data in this format:

Name    Type                  Amount
ABC     1                     $100
            2                     $200
            3                     $300
            4                     $400
ABC Total                            $1,000

DEF      1                     $150
            2                     $260
            3                     $310
            4                     $420
DEF Total                            $1,140

and so on

I want to see the data as follows:

Name    Type                  Amount                   %
ABC     1                     $100                     10
            2                     $200                     20
           3                     $300                     30
           4                     $400                     40
ABC Total                            $1,000                   100

Please help me... kindly reply to my mesg personally.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Multiple Pivot Tables
I'm trying to accomplish something I'm not sure that Pivot tables can - 1)I'm creating two pivot tables that have the same "Pages" but summation of different data sets. I'd then like to place the two pivots on the same page and then split the pivot (and thus creating a copy of each possible combo) but with both sets of pivoted data on the same page. 2)Is there a way to limit split pages so that it only provides those with non-zero values ...

Field (Account Rating code) not showing up in Advanced Find
We use the Account Rating code or ABC code to define our customers. This field does not show up in the Advanced Find feature in CRM 3.0. All the others seem to be there. Can anyone tell me how to get this to show up? thanks for the help. Angela Hi, Go at the attributes of account ( in customization ) . select the attribute and click on edit . set the searchable = Yes . regards Aami Hi Aami, I appreciate the follow up but I don't see the option to select searchable = to yes I only see Display Name, Schema Name, Requirement Level, Description and then the picklist selection. ...

table with multiple fields with lookup to same table
I will relate my issue to the Northwinds sample db. I would like my "orders" table to contain fields for the products in the order (let's say 3 products) that would have a lookup to the products table. Can anyone please tell me how I could do this, or explain what other method to use. =?Utf-8?B?SiBEYXZl?= <J Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9A4A008E-8FE9-4F4B-BD09-E200657BBA77@microsoft.com: > I will relate my issue to the Northwinds sample db. I would like > my "orders" table to contain fields for the products in the order > (let's...

filter form on value from linked table
Is it possible to filter a form (based on table A) on a value in a table B where the tables are linked? Table A ID lastname firstname companyid ... Table B companyid companyname ... I would like to filter the form records (Table A) by using as input the company name (or part of it) from a textbox. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200704/1 Sorry for this but I forgot I would like to use like frm.Filter = as I already use it to filter the form based on values from another txtbox on the lastname -- Message poste...

Accumulating Values in a Pivot table
Hi all. Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table accumulated values (example)in each row: Day Amount Accum. Value 1 50 50 3 75 125 8 105 230 .. .. .. .. .. .. and so on. Maybe someone give me a tip. Thanx a lot Regards Kurt Hi Kurt, That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables One place to start would be Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html http://www.contex...

how to show addresses, not names in to field
i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. i just want to have the e-mail addresses from my Contacts show in the "TO" field as e-mail addresses, NOT their names. this is help/about/line 2 "Internet Mail Only - Security Update" PLEASE help THANKS! Read the responses to all your other posts. The answer is still no. IMO provides no access to the Display Name field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbe01c425b5$5fde29c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. > i...

Importing Data into Existing Pivot Tables ?
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to *import data into an existin pivot table *(possibly from a excel spreadsheet(refresh) or with query to a Access database table) **I need to do this daily with pivot table if possible ! Thanks in advance ! J -- jman55 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jman559's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2945 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49157 ...

Query: Link data between worksheets?
I'm trying to find a shortcut to save me some time. This is the problem: I'm setting up a master worksheet, and 30 to 40 "slave" worksheets tha need to run off it (all within the same workbook). The slave worksheet all retrieve data from the master. The data is setup to run across i rows (i.e. Row 1 contains 1 record). Each record has an individua identification number entered in column A. Is there a way that I can tell the slave sheets to copy an entire row based purely on the identification number entered in column A? Thanks in advance if anyone can help, as this could ...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

Filtering data on subforms
How can I filter data in a subform? The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field) thanks! Alberto R. On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:37:14 -0500, "Alberto Rios" <albertorios1@aol.com> wrote: >How can I filter data in a subform? >The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field) Base the subform on a Query selecting the records you want to see. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

clipboard shows busy but is not
i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when i know it is not - any help?-- katherine Are you pasting to Publisher? Word Perfect is not exactly compatible with Publisher. Have you tried copying into Word and then Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katydids" <katydids@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D76EFB95-9646-4830-BE0F-C87A31C03778@microsoft.com... >i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when > i know...

Tables in Outlook 2000
A user copied a table from Word 2000 to an Outlook email message and sent the email to a Macintosh user. The Mac user cannot read the email with the table in it. The message shows up as an OLE attachment. I asked the user to send it as a regular attachment to the Mac user instead of sending the table within the email. Is there a known issue like this between Mac and PC? ...

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

Table formatting lost
I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart from sennding as an Excel attachment? Do the copy as a Picture and then paste in Outlook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "him@privacy.net" wrote: > I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The > sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it > has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart > from se...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

get data form cells sequentially
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet i am creating which is giving me some amount o hassle!!! I'm sure it is possible to do this but i just cant figure ou how:- I have one worksheet which has many copies of the same table, eac table is consistantly ontop of the other i.e. first table uses cells A - G10 (a rectangle of cells). The dates i am trying to use are in a pattern of a nine row seperatio i.e. first date is in cell G2, next one is G11, next one G20, and s on. I need to find out how i can make a formula which i could copy whic would grab the date out of these cells in sequence for pl...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

Importing data from an excel file
I have an excel file with contact data for customers. Now I want to import it into CRM 3.0. I use the guide but I am stuck at the manual import i.e. populate CDF at step 5 in the data migration framework application. Do I have to go to the SQL server and select the database and import into the contacts table? I am really sorry for the newbie question.. /Jonas Hi Jonas, You will indeed need to populate the CDF tables. You can do this via several ways of which using SSIS is my personal favorite. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blog...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

How do I limit labels in chart legend to only a portion of data?
I am hoping to get a chart that includes four lines of data, but with only two of the line labels for the data showing up in the chart legend. The two lines that I want excluded are just straight bars that will include a text box within the chart as their label, but I have run into problems with simply slapping a line on the chart as it does not move around when we scale up or down the two axes. Is there a way to get the legend to only show the label identifiers with only the two sets of data that I want shown? Thank you Hi, The legend displays an entry for each series in the chart....

delete data #2
Hello, we have CRM v3 installed in a test evironment. we have added test data for customers, products. we have created oppurtunities to invoices. we would like to delete all of this data. is there a way to do it without uninsalling and reinstalling the software? cheers, Michael. Try to delete via the UI from Advanced Find. For some of the object (Order, Invoices, Quote, etc.), depending on status some of these records cannot be deleted. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htmTry "Michael P. Lindekugel" wrote:...