Pivot Table Refresh Data - Extremely Urgent!!!! HELP

Hi everone.

This is really urgent for me. I have this spreadsheet and when I open
it. It has a pivot table and I normally update the data by right click
-> Refresh data.

Q: How do I find out where it is pulling the data to update from?

Your help will be most appreciated!!!

Regards

James
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

James8309 wrote:
> Hi everone.
>
> This is really urgent for me. I have this spreadsheet and when I open
> it. It has a pivot table and I normally update the data by right click
> -> Refresh data.
>
> Q: How do I find out where it is pulling the data to update from?
>

> Your help will be most appreciated!!!
>
> Regards

Hi James,

Data | Pivot Table, then select Back.
0
smartin108 (170)
8/25/2008 1:21:09 AM
On Aug 24, 9:21=A0pm, smartin <smartin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> James8309 wrote:
> > Hi everone.
>
> > This is really urgent for me. I have this spreadsheet and when I open
> > it. It has a pivot table and I normally update the data by right click
> > -> Refresh data.
>
> > Q: How do I find out where it is pulling the data to update from?
>
> > Your help will be most appreciated!!!
>
> > Regards
>
> Hi James,
>
> Data | Pivot Table, then select Back.

in 2007 click on the change data source and it will show you where it
is coming from
0
arowland (2)

Pivot tables / Formatting
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a pivot table in Excel 2003 and I want to put a dotted line (border) from the Account Description through to the 2 months..... Is there an easy way to do it? I can do the borders in the Account Description by doing the entire selection on the header and insert the border that way, but its not so easy with the DATA. I so wish work had Office 2007 and Pivot Tables are much better than Office 2003 but unfortunately I'm stuck.... Is there any free Add-Ons for Pivot Table formatting around that might be of any assistance? ...

Refresh folder list, Windws Mail
Been trying all night to fix. I can send mail but cannot receive Gmail thru Wndows Mail. I tried not synching, etc. Error reads: COULD NOT SELECT (GMAIL) ON THE IMAP SERVER. YOU MIGHT TRY REFRESHING YOUR FOLDER LIST TO SYNCRONIZE WITH THE IMAP SERVER. Start here & double-check everything: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77696 -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com Red Stripe wrote: > Been trying all night to fix. I can send mail but cannot receive Gmail > thru > Wnd...

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Formatting Issues: Word Table to Excel
Any reason why simple unformatted numbers copied from a Word table into Excel are unformattable? Despite what I've done, I cannot format the cells into currency. Maybe the Word table is corrupted? Thank you! Hi try: - select an empty cell - copy this cell - select your imported numbers - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' Now try again "Littlebear" wrote: > Any reason why simple unformatted numbers copied from a Word table into Excel > are unformattable? Despite what I've done, I cannot format the cells into > currency. > &...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Table link documentation

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Data migration - Adventure Works

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Refresh and Back
I notice after a time the refresh and back buttons on the toolbar no longer work. However the keyboard and right click menu do function. If I close and reopen then it is fine for a while again and repeats problem. I am using Win7 Ultimate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...