Pivot Table Page Setup

I have a 3 Pivot tables, each with 2 Row fields and several data
fields.  All 3 tables are together are 1 page wide.  However they are
several pages long.  Each table does not break into subsets at the same
point.

Is there anyway to keep all the data from one field together so the new
page will start with new data and the tables are not broken in the
middle?

I.E. -- I want to keep all the "Prod" data together and IF a new page
is needed start after the sub-total.

		Data
Prod	Month	Count	RWt	LSA Avg	Diff
1	May-04	1	11.50	130.90	0.70
	Jul-04	3	11.70	131.93	1.03
	Aug-04	3	11.20	124.53	-0.77
	Nov-04	1	11.20	132.80	1.80
	Dec-04	4	11.75	132.38	1.13
	Jan-05	2	11.55	130.95	1.95
1 Total		14	11.54	130.32	0.84
3	May-04	1	15.20	137.70	2.70
	Aug-04	1	14.80	136.70	1.70
3 Total		2	15.00	137.20	2.20

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There's no setting to keep a field's items together, but you can set
each product to start on a new page:

Right-click the Prod field button
Choose Field Settings
Click the Layout button
Add a check mark to 'Insert page break after each item'
Click OK, click OK

Or, you could choose View>Page Break Preview, and manually adjust the
page breaks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/5/2005 10:24:50 PM
Thanks, but this would create 20 to 30 pages with only a few lines per
page.  That would probably be worse that what I have now.

Again Thanks for your help.

Setup replacement Exchange 2000 server
We run Exchange 2000 Server SP3 on a Compaq DL380 Proliant generation 1 server. I purchased a new DL380 G4 to replace the old server. I cannot upgrade to Exchange 2003 server because our agency cannot afford it at this time. I need to keep the same host name and file structure on the new server and I know how to do that. But, I am not sure about how to get the Exchange data from the old server to the new one. What are the steps that I need to take to accomplish this task? Be careful here. In order to use the same host name, you will have to power down the old server before you br...

multi sheet pivot tables
Can you create a single pivot table that takes it information from multiple worksheets within one excel document? You can create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, but you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html If you can combine the data in your own database, then use that as the source, you'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table. bamf wrote: > Can you create a single pivot table that takes it information from multiple > workshee...

Calculations in Pivot Tables
I've looked in most of the excel groups on google, but have not found a direct answer to my question, so if this is a repeat, please guide me to the correct post. my problem: my table has 4 columns, dept, costs, amount and Actual/budget in the pivot table the costs are the rows, actua/budget are the columns and the amount is the data I now want to have a variance column that calculates the variance between actual and budget. I tried the formulas in the pivot table and it does not let me add a calculated field that does this simple (a-b) type of calculation. Is there an easy way to do th...

formula for moving data into new table
Hi I have a text file of football results. i.e. utd|3|rovers|3 city|2|town|2 etc. Delimited into Columns This file is imported in excel. Now i want to create a results grid from that data utd rovers city town etc AWAY utd X 2-2 3-3 rovers 1-2 city 2-3 town etc HOME.... Where the results are 3-3 2-2 etc.. I need (here it comes) a formula.( I hope) that uses the data in the imported text file I think this should be possible but I can't get it right. I'm sure someone with more experience than myself may find a solution. Cheers Peter :confused: --- Message ...

Access table printing problems
The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 times. Do you mean an MS Access database table? If so, why did you post it in an Outlook newsgroup? "Grannie" <Grannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D7A517-ADDB-4326-A0C0-A9648F6E3911@microsoft.com... > The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 > times. ...

MS Query No visible tables
I am trying to link Excel to an Access file using MS Query (Data/Get External Data/New database Query/MS Access DAtabase. When I select the file, I get the message "This data source contains no visible tables". But the Access file has 5 tables. I have tried other Access files, some of which work OK, and others not. What do I need to do to the Access file to make this work? Hi Chris, The tables are probably hidden. If Access is set up to show hidden tables, you may not notice this, although the icon is slightly dimmer. Open the database, right click on the table name, select ...

unwanted extra pages at end of document
How do I get rid of 2 extra pages at the end of my document? "DeDe" <DeDe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4037B82-F254-478A-925E-C94D7F87C957@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of 2 extra pages at the end of my document? When you say "document" do you mean a Spreadsheet? If so then YOU select the print area. ...

Alternate page numbering
How to start a publisher book with a page number other than 1? Anthony wrote: > How to start a publisher book with a page number other than 1? Tools > Options or Insert > Section -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Can I make ONE page for Email/Calendar/Task etc?
I like to adapt my screen sothat I have ONE view of Incoming Email/Calendar/Task in small squares?? William Petrovlis <petrovlis@hetnet.nl> wrote: > I like to adapt my screen sothat I have ONE view of > Incoming Email/Calendar/Task in small squares?? I don't think that's possible. -- Brian Tillman Have you tried the Outlook Today view? If it's not in your "shortcuts" list, go to View - Go To - Outlook Today. It might be close... Brian "Petrovlis" <petrovlis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:40c4404f$0$827$fb624cd1@morenews.zeeland...

> 255 characters in Pivot variable
I created an Excel file with "comments" and some of the cells in Excel have more than 255 characters. When I pivot the cell it looks like it truncates at 255. I so wish I could get all the text in the cell to show up in the pivot. Love the preserve formatting solutions I read about now all I need is to have my text tha I have formatte and wrapped in the pivot to show completely. Thank you, AnnP ...

Vlookup on multiple table array
there is a summary source, i have 6 different sources. i want to lookup from the summary source whether the 6 different sources exist in the summary? may i know how to lookup multiple table arrays? thx. I'd just use 6 different cells and use a formula that points at the 6 different sources. There is no =vlookup() trick to look through multiple lookup tables. Winson wrote: > > there is a summary source, i have 6 different sources. i want to lookup from > the summary source whether the 6 different sources exist in the summary? may > i know how to lookup multiple table array...

Master page text prints differently than designed
I have built a two-page masterpage layout that is simple lines and text boxes. I want the text tp]o print as light grey (which is shows in design-mode and when document is exportedtp .pdf). When the document is shown in print preview mode or printed from Publisher (2007) the master page text prints black. Do I have to export to pdf everytime I need to test print? This is a printer issue. Do you have a "Print Quality" setting in your printer setup? Have you tried using the best setting? What version Publisher are you using? Is your printer a LaserJet? Is your printer driver ...

Excel 2007 Tables
Hi, I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table" tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!! The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for example). Any suggestions on why this would be happening? Thanks! Hi Tammy I love to see yo...

Table in Text Box?
I have a Budget numbers spreadsheet, and there is also a text box where I am providing a description of the product. I would like to put a table in the text box to show some history, but there does not seem to be a way to do this...Is there anyway to add a table to a text box I have tried inputing the numbers manually without a table, but the numbers never seem to be flush - Is there a way to set the tabs to be equal? My chart winds up looking like this - If you get the idea.. X $15K Y $14K Z $17K Thank you > Is there anyway to add a table to a text box? N...

invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL @ u17f:bff714ac
In search of Knowledge Base no applicable articles found. Outlook 2000 SP3 - in replying to email. While keying the reply, I get this error after 3-4 sentences. Happened two times in a row. I was having same trouble as well with kernel32.dll, explorer kept causing errors in kernel32.dll. To fix it I just renamed the hidden folder in windows named "APPLOG" to something different, like "APPLOG2" - not sure if this will help... all it does is recreate the files, which fixes any damaged ones. >-----Original Message----- >In search of Knowledge Base no applicab...

SQL table to XML Conversion for a tree control
hi, I have a SQL Table in the below format Code | Item1 | Item2 | Item3 C1 01 00 00 C2 01 01 00 C3 01 02 00 c4 01 02 01 c5 01 02 02 here 00 indicates level 0,01 indicates level 1 and so on. I need this to be displayed in a treeview (XML format) can XML format can be recived from SQL Server2000 itself or it has to be done using TreeView Control and generating the XML from the dataset? Thanks in advance -Satish Hi, generating XML in the database: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SqlXmlTreeView.asp Generating XML from DataSet and using XSLT to transform it for TreeView http://www.a...

How can I update an MS Access table record from within Execl works
In my Excel spreadsheet, I have created a link to an MS Access database table, where it imports data from Access to Excel. Now from that same Excel spreadsheet, I want to find a way to update (change) a record in the MS Access database table. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks, David ...

Retrieve date from different tables
I want to retrieve data from different tables in a single query based on a input given by user. Example. Product A sold for different price in different markets at different dates. Tables - Market 1, Market 2, Market 3 Fields - Product Name, Date, Price I want to retrieve the price in all markets in a single query. Condition - The latest price, based on the date, given by the user in the input box. note: Dates will not be the same in all markets. It is not possible to have all markets in one table, as the fields may differ in my actual database. It is only a example. thanks maran Hi...

Search on a form with multiple fields same table
I am having a hard time trying to create a search on two fields on the same table. I have one table that is linked to three other tables. What I want to do is to have the primary table with two fields, i.e. name and id number. Have the user be able to do a search on either one (not both) and bring up the other records that is linked to the primary record. The filtering does not work for more than one field and I know I will need to do some programming but not sure where to begin and how to finally get the end result. Thanks for your help. ...

import a contact from outlook to a one note page
I notice tags, also notice how to create outlook's contact from one note. BUTTT what I want to do is have a contact icon on the onebook page that immediately pulls up the contact's card from outlook's contacts. Thankyou, What version of Outlook are you using? What version of OneNote are you using? In OneNote 2010 (and 2007, as I recall) you could go to the Outlook Contact record and click the "Linked Contact Notes" button on the ribbon and it will create a OneNote page with a hyperlink that opens the Outlook Contact item. Otherwise you'd just have t...

Extra cover page when report exported to PDF
I am using SQL Reporting Services for SQL Server 2005. I have a report that uses a page header as a cover page. When the report renders in the browser, the cover page prints once (as expected) and then the data begins on page two. When the report is exported to a PDF, I get two cover pages. The first cover page does not print the report items fields so I can identify it as the "extra" page. The second cover page is identical to the cover page that renders in the browser. Does anyone have any ideas what I can take a look at? figure out why your page is too wide? that's th...

Pivot Table Charts
Hi, Excel2000 I have a simple pivot table, which changes in size hen data i refreshed. I want to create a bar graph which uses the info from it but Excel automatically puts "drop-fields" into it with drop downs etc wheras i dont want the user to be able to choose their fields. How ca i creat a graph based on a pivot without having "drop-fields" in th actual graph???? Help! Many Thanks. J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field buttons jjj < wrote: > Excel2000 > I have a sim...

Committing Records To Table
Im helping create an Access database to monitor IT stock. The person who will be using the database wants a button on the form 'Stock_Level_Edit' to commit new records to a table 'Equipment_Table'. I know this is not best practice, but this is what the person is looking for. How do I do this? Just now the data is entered automatically without having to press a button. That's the default behaviour of Access, and getting around it is a nuisance. You could convert to an unbound form, but that's a lot of work, and does create limitations on what you can do on a...

how to update the table, without closing the current form?
Hi, I have data setting as below:T: a talbeF: a form, whose data source is the table TID: a field in table TID_Text: a text box in form F, and it's control source is the field ID in table TNow, the form F is open.I realize that, usually, when the ID is changed by editing ID_Text, the table T won't be updated until form F is closed.So, my question is, how to change the ID field value in table T, as soon as the ID_Text is modified, and without having to close form F?Thanks a lot! You could add an event to the ID_Text field in teh Form. An After Update even would fire after the value was...

Linking 3 auto filters to a pivot table on another worksheet
Hi all, Can anyone help? I have used the code below to successfully link 3 auto filters to a pivot table on another worksheet. 1. Area (Sales area) 2. MA (Market area) 3. Name (Centre name) When I select values using each of the 3 filters it works perfectly i.e. the pivot table changes to show the data from my selection. The problem I have is that I want the filters to work independently e.g. if I select only the area filter and the other filters remain un selected, I want the pivot table to show all of the data for the selected area only. I assume I need to use an IF statement to say if a...