Pivot table on local cube

Hi

I have a pivottable that retreives some data from an Access database. When I
double click some value in the pivottable Excel adds a sheet with all the
data that concerns the value clicked.
I also built a local cube using the same query that was used in the
abovementioned pivottable. Unfortunately when I double-click some value in
this pivottable a get a message that Excel cannot show details because this
feature was disabled for this cube on a server. Is it possible to get this
functionality with pivottable built from local cubes?

Kind regards
IgorM

0
igorm1 (21)
9/23/2009 7:35:11 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sep 23, 5:35=A0pm, "IgorM" <ig...@live.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a pivottable that retreives some data from an Access database. Whe=
n I
> double click some value in the pivottable Excel adds a sheet with all the
> data that concerns the value clicked.
> I also built a local cube using the same query that was used in the
> abovementioned pivottable. Unfortunately when I double-click some value i=
> this pivottable a get a message that Excel cannot show details because th=
is
> feature was disabled for this cube on a server. Is it possible to get thi=
> functionality with pivottable built from local cubes?
>
> Kind regards
> IgorM

I believe there is an option with SQL Server that allows user to drill
to details, but most of the time this is disabled due to performance
issues.

0
dheaton (109)

How do I pivot a range of cells, i.e. from column to row?
How do I pivot/transpose the data from a range of cells from, say, a column to a row? I imagine it should be very simple, but I haven't found out how yet. For instance: row# 1 data 1 2 data 2 3 data 3 4 data 4 to column# 1 2 3 4 data1 data2 data3 data4 ...

Link Access table to Excel worksheet
I want to link these so that they can be edited in either programme. Whichever way, the link box is greyed out. You can make a linked table in Access. It's File - Get External Data - Link. The data lives in the Excel workbook, I think (I don't think Access keeps a copy of it). But you can change data in either Excel or Access. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "dalesrunner" <dalesrunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A165D6C6-D173-45F7-94D5-352E3AA5121E@microsoft.com... ...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

Storage of local data
Hello there, I'm aware that SQL Express has a limitation of 2Gb of data storage, so I'm wondering, when data is created whilst offline, when it sync's back to the server, is is deleted from the databae locally? Let's assume that in this example the record/data created is not an item that would normally be sync'd back to the local database (not specified as user required for sync). Hope this makes sense Thanks, Matt When going offline all data for the specified user is synced to his offline database. When going back online all changes are synced back to the serve...

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

Webstore / exchnage Table
I want to import my XML order document into the database table "Exchange" set the ProcessorCode field to "YahooStore". Due to my limited expierence with XML I can not get the file into the Exchange table. Is there a specific SP, DTS or VB script that does this? Also, if I have multiple orders in one file do I need to strip them out and insert into the exchange table as individual orders? Your assistance would be much appreciated. Cliff ...

How to Create a Table of Contents or Index for a Report
I am attempting to us the technique for my application as it is described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article number 231851. I get an error on the Dim db as Database statemtnt Is there anyone who has used the technique successfulyy for Access 2000? Thanks in advance for any assistance you might give. ...

Queues - Local Delivery
I use SBS 2003 - Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. Due to some problem, the first Storage Group are failed to mounted. Therefore, I have restored the alll the file to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. But some strange things has happenned, one of the internal mail box can sent but not recieve e-mail. (No matter internal or external) I can find it in the Queues of Local delivery, it reveals Retry. I have no way, but to delete the user (include the mail box) and then recreate it. It works. Today, when I return to office, I find the same case for an another user. Anyone please give ...

copy a pivot table to another sheet in a macro
Hi there, I created a macro that will copy copy the information from a created pivot table to another sheet. I seemed ok when I recorded the macro. But there's no pivot table on the new sheet when I run the macro. What should I do to correct the problem? Thanks, Aline -- Aline Record another macro when you try it again? If it fails again, you may want to describe what you did to copy the data (copy the cells to a new sheet or copy the sheet???). And share the code (that fails) that does the copy. Aline wrote: > > Hi there, > > I created a...

Copy html table to word not keeping settings
I want to copy a html table to a word programatically. I have manage to get to a point where the table is pasted. But the paste is not the same as if i would use Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste. For merged cells the font settings are not kept. Is there a way to keep the settings for merged cells? Or a way to paste the html table in a word like the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does? ...

Outlook Local Rules?
Hello, I have a collegue that swears that his rules only work when his machine is on and he is logged in. Is that possible? Is there such a thing as a locally stored rule? Thanks Mike Yes. Some rules can only run when Outlook is open. More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Mike B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b6ac01c4797b$7378a040$a401280a@phx.gbl......

Table Filters and Empty Records
Hi, I'm quite new to Reporting Services and am having a bit of a confusing afternoon with it. I'm trying to build a report that contains a series of discrete reports for a number of projects that show project data and any milestone tasks associated with each project; if a project has no milesetones, the project data is still to be displayed. So, I build a report that has a series of fields showing project information (name, cost, state, etc.) and then a table below it to contain the milestone tasks for each project. All of these are placed within a list data region ...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

How do I print addresses in an Excel table on a flyer for mailing?
I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, how do I print the addresses from an Excel table on the blank side of the flyer? And how do I include my return address? -- kateinmo Hi Kateinmo, Look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kateinmo" <kateinmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8542D8A7-0132-42DF-933A-5E1B7780CF4D@microsoft.com... |I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, | how do I print the addresses fr...

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Ref Transfering Info from a table
I don't know if I'm asking the impossible here but I'll give it a try. I have a excel program which I am trying to set up a function whereby it will create a work rota based on a shift pattern. It currently will create a table with staff names on it and there shift pattern for a given week. What I am trying to do is let the user select shift pattern 1 for example and have excel transfer this onto the rota but place the name instead of shift in the appropriate shift. ie If I select shift 1 it will place name A onto the early shift and place A on the Day off line whi...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

table sy_users error
Hi; I am new to GP and this client is using ver 5 on win 98. We are getting message on both pcs now that " an open operation on table sy_users_mstr failed because the path does not exist or ... main pc that handles gp has multiple directorys. GP seems to operate out of c:\acct\dynamics. Under utilitys I see where one can change which machine uses alias for c. Most of the pcs use a mapped drive g ( that goes to the main pc, directory acct (NOT all the way to dyamics) or f that goes to same pc, another directory not in my mind just now. thanks for any help. I am assumming that this i...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Pivot Table #16
After I have created my Pivot Table, how do I find the "source data" from the Pivot Table i just created. Thanks in advance. DaveB Right click... go to pivot wizard... press back a couple times to get to the source data. >-----Original Message----- >After I have created my Pivot Table, how do I find >the "source data" from the Pivot Table i just created. >Thanks in advance. > >DaveB >. > ...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

Pivot Table? #2
This is an example of my data Name ID Source A SA Amt a SA Amt b SA Amt c Source B SB Amt a SB Amt b SB Amt JAMES 23 1 40 500 1000 10 10 100 75 JOHN 24 10 0 800 1200 4 15 200 80 SUE 25 3 20 1000 700 1 20 300 95 BETTY 26 1 30 2000 2500 10 25 400 110 BOSS 27 3 5000 3000 4000 1 30 500 120 This is what I want it to look like Name ID Source Amt a Amt b Amt JAMES 23 1 40 500 100 10 10 100 75 7 1000 350 10 JOHN 24 10 0 800 120 4 15 200 80 SUE 25 3 20 1000 70 1 20 300 95 BETTY 26 1 30 2000 250 10 25 400 110 BOSS 27 3 5000 3000 400 1 30 500 120 6190 9150 1430 What is the ...

550 not local host
From one day to the other my Outlook 2002 has a problem sending email to some recipients. I get an error: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'recipients_name' on 12/1/2003 5:53 PM 550 not local host 'recipients_domain', not a gateway. It happens to some contacts despite the fact that their email address is correct. I have spent weeks trying to fix this. My internet service provider told me after a trouble ticket that the problem is local and has to do with my Outlook. I have check "Authentication" and use the correct port and smtp s...

Table Names
Does anyone know the table names for Ship To Addresses and for Sales Header data? I need to extract these two tables from SQL and do know what tables to use. Thank you. Regards, Diane All the information you requested can be found in the SOP10100 table. However, if you have individual ship to addresses by line item you will need to look at the SOP10200. You may want to check "Info Flow and Posting" from Accolade Publications (http://www.accoladepublications.com) which is a very simple to understand manual catored to the GP administrator and developer, written by Richard Wh...

charting pivot table results by month
I am trying to create a chart that shows monthly totals from pivot table results. Each record has a date in the first field in the format, 01/01/2004. I have been using the Month function on the date field to change it to a number corresponding to the month before creating the pivot chart. This gives me the monthly totals that I need but I think there must be an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks. Ken Ken - If you use a custom number format of m or mm, your date will appear as just the month's number, 2 or 02 for February. mmm would give you Feb, and mmmm February. This wouldn'...