Pivot table help I think !

Hi All,

I have a report I need to create which goes as follows.

I have a data list of around 56k records.

The rows contain this; category 1, category 2, category 3, call id and
Date

I've created a pivot table with Cat1, cat2, cat 3 on the row area,
Count of Call ID in the data area and date in the column area (this is
grouped by Month).

I'm looking at the months of Mar, Apr and May. I want to sort it, in
descending order, by the difference of 'Count of Call ID' there is
between Mar and May.

If I cannot perform the calculation in the pivot table, is there a way
of ungrouping the fields in a pivot table?

So rather than it showing as below:

Cat 1  Cat 2  Cat 3
       Cat 2  Cat 3
       Cat 2

It shows as:

Cat 1  Cat 2 Cat 3
Cat 1  Cat 2 Cat 3
Cat 1  Cat 2

Many Thanks

Adam

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Help with DateTimeOffset and Floor/Ceiling?
I have a DateTimeOffset value, and want to get the DateTimeOffset "floor" of the day (12:00am) and the "ceiling" of the day (11:59:59pm) and am having trouble creating a concise statement that I can put into a Where clause. Can anyone help with syntax on that? Thanks. SnapDive wrote: > > I have a DateTimeOffset value, and want to get the DateTimeOffset > "floor" of the day (12:00am) and the "ceiling" of the day (11:59:59pm) > and am having trouble creating a concise statement that I can put into > a Where clause. Can ...

Font color in tables
OS = Windows Vista Ultimate w/SP1 RC1 Microsoft Office Professional 2007 I upgraded Office 2003 > 2007 and I noticed you can change the font color in a table. Do all records/columns have to be the same color, or can they be different colors? I can get the entire table to change color, but not an individual record or column. I am having a small problem with font color in Excel and was wondering if this was related, or the ''1 table 1 color" was the only option by design. Thanks BChat On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:09:51 -0500, "BChat" <BChat@nowhere.net> wrote: ...

Please Help!! #2
Here's my situation, I work at a hotel in the security dept. everyday we receive lost and found items. we keep these items for 30 days, if not claimed they go to the employee who found it. We use excel to make out a list of the employees that are about to receive there lost and found, but I have to type each and every employee's name every time I make the list. So my question is, Can I create some sort of drop down list that has every employee name on it, so all I would have to do is double click on the name and have it show up on the list? Thanks for your help -- Jumpman23 ------...

Can't get Tables to not appear in the TOC
I am using Word 2007, and I cannot get tables to not appear in my TOC. I have read posts on this topics, and tried to follow some of the instructions, but I can't fix it. I am using the References functions to create captions and figures. Figures are not appearing in my TOC To solve this problem, I tried to: change the outline level of the Caption style to level 9, under Paragraph: and in my table of contents only included levels 1-3, however, the caption text still appears in my toc as a level two entry. Any help would be appreciated: Allan Press Alt+F9 to show all fie...

formula help #24
I am trying to create a formula where it takes the result of one formula and adds .60 if the answer to a question is yes but adds zero if it is no. The first part of my formula is as follows: =10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5)) It works fine. I just cannot get the second part to work with the first part. Any help would be appreciated. =IF(M44="yes",(10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5)))+0.6,10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5))) replace M44 with the cell that holds the answers, you know I assume that if the conditions in your formula isn't TRUE it will return 10? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

multiple or changing colours in a data table on an excel chart fo.
We are trying to have the "negative" numbers in a data table (under the chart) show in red, like the data series, but seem unable to alter the format unless it is for all data. (we're trying to highlight or bring attention to the negative variances) The data labels will follow the excel font's but the data table does not appear to. Any suggestions? Kerri, Unfortunately the formatting options for data tables are fairly limited. As a result, it's not possible to apply different font formatting to different cells or rows within any one data table. If you are usi...

Help on scanning a document into excel or word
Sorry folks I know it should problems to do with excel but I have had lots of help from here so it worth a try. I am trying to scan a page so that I can edit it from my labtop, but when I scan the page it will not let me edit any text, I have tried to save the file as a template but that doesn't work also, has anyone got any idea's Dave Are you scanning as Text using the OCR software that came with your scanner or just scanning as an image? Depending upon the OCR software, you can get close to 100% accuracy. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:41:19 GMT, "Dav...

Pivot Tables
How do I remove the subtotal groupings within a pivot table and only display the final totals. -- Rose Have you tired to group by on a constant, something like (in SQL view): TRANSFROM SUM(somefield) SELECT "All" FROM tableName GROUP BY "All" PIVOT someFieldOrExpression Vanderghast, Access MVP "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:523C8A87-0E76-4357-B232-809A344593BF@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the subtotal groupings within a pivot table and only > display > the final totals. > -- > Rose ...

Calculated Items in Pivot Tables #2
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Person Amount_Sold Price_each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to ad...

multiple windows....help
it use to be when i opened an excel doc it would open a tab on th bottom of my toolbar. and for every doc opened it would open a new tab well now (not sure how) every doc opens in one tab and i have to go an select each book from the window menu. this is really frusteratin because i work in many excel docs at once and i alt tab all day long. am sure this is an easy fix but i cant seem to figure it out...any hel would be great! Thank you! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2000, select Tools | Options | View Tab | Show and select "Windows in Taskbar". I as...

Help Excel 2007
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet. I've set the print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1 sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to 'landscape'. But there's no scaling happening. Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet. I've never seen this behavior in any previous version. Any suggestions? Print area?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wr...

Help, I've lost my password
Help, I've wriitten as program in excel, and I've lost my password. Is i gone forever? I used the password protect option -- julwals ----------------------------------------------------------------------- julwalsh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=96 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26171 Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany julwalsh wrote: > Help, > > I've wriitten as program in excel, and I've lost my password. Is i...

Help on Help
Hi: I'm trying to create a Help system for a vc++ (vc.net 2003) dialog-based application. I started by creating a separate single document project where I included "Context-sensitive Help" and copied the help files (MyApp.hpj, afxcore.rtf, afxprint.rtf, bullet.bmp, and MyApp.cnt) over to my application. I now have a Help Topics box that I can bring up with Contents, Index and Find tabs. I can change the books in the Contents tab by modifying the MyApp.cnt file and I can change the text that is pointed to by finding the original text in the afxcore.rtf file and changing it t...

Something may be wrong with my Ram,motherboard,hard drive or whatnot? Help me =[
Alright when i start up my laptop it goes into the HP invent screen and shows the F keys at the bottom. Than after a little bit it goes onto the screen that has the blinking underscore (the blinking _ sign" than it just stays there... It makes these loud beeping noises than stops after a little bit. I don't know what to do and I REALLY don't want to take it to a professional for reasons i don't wish to say. Edit: I don't think that I have my system restore CD's as well, and I would love to keep my files. -- Aizen Also double kudos if someone ...

Why won't my Pivot Tables recognise new data?
Hi for some reason I cannot get my pivot tables to recognise that new dat has been added to the worksheet. When I delete the old data and pu new data in (I've tried adding 3000 records) the pivot tabl disappeares and appears to be asking me to reconstruct it. I' refering in this instance to the "Most Recent Activity Date worksheet. Please note I'm an Excel beginner - almost all of the construction o this workbook has been down to a few kind souls out there (specia mention to I.Savell). Any help much appreciated. I've attached the file for anyone who cares to have a s...

Help with Dlookup problem in subform/main form
Hello, I am trying to make a subform that opens on a main form. The code works when I open the subform, but when the subform opens on the main form, it gives me an error message. Details: I have 2 subforms called "AutosGasData1sub" and "AutosGasData2sub". There is a field on each subform called "Best MPG" that pulls the best MPG from queries called "AutosGasStats1" and "AutosGasStats2" respectively. The subforms are attached to a form called "AutomobileGasolineSearch". I have added lookup fields to find the date of the Best MPG...

Help Needed !!!
I was using the trial version of Money 2005 in the past few weeks. Today I purchased and installed Money 2005 Standard version. After installation, I could not open the previous money file. When I tried to open the file, it prompted that it would convert the file to the new version. However, the conversion failed with message 'can not open the file ... due to either no permission or file is being opened ...' I am using Windows ME on my personal computer. No other application is using the file. The file is not read only either. Anybody would share his / her experience if the same...

Can this be done????......Help !..A Challenge
What I am wanting to do is....... I have a file with multiple worksheets... One of the worksheets has conditional formatting....red for above target..green for below target.... What I would then like to do is...from the data which is either above or below target...plot these into a pie chart....but keep the conditional formatting so that the pie chart is full of red or green sections... I can provide a copy of what i would like....if you can help..id be much appreciated. Tim Harding timharding@hotmail.com I think I can help. Send me a copy... >-----Original Message----- >Wha...

How to Use Pivot Tables in Excel
Although many people know how to use excel, not many people know how to use pivot tables. Pivot table is one of the most powerful tools when doing an analysis in Excel. Pivot Tables allow you to manipulate the data the way you want to see the results. WHAT IS A PIVOT TABLE? Pivot Tables allow users summarize large data, sort, count, filter items, switch rows and columns, drag and drop fields of the data which is stored in another source � another one table or spreadsheet anything you want. You can arrange the results based on the way you want to display. When you analyze large amounts of da...

Help pls
Honestly, I'm only okay with MFC/C++, I'm not familiar with ATL, WTL or like that... I have downloaded 4 different wrapper classes and none of them seem to want to work in VS2005. All I want to do is read and write XML documents. Maybe append a child node here and there. That's all. Can someone popint me in the right direction here? The MSXML docs are really hard to thread through. tia B I'm using xerces-c (2.7.0) for parsing XML and I could make it work quite quickly with MFC. See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi You have here also some Demos about ho...

Help resizes window &%$#!
This problem is probably not excel specific: Is there a way to prevent help routines to resize the program window? When I start Excel-Help, the Excel window is reduced to half of the full size - even if the help window is larger than the other half of the screen. This causes a lot of swearing because I can't see anything in the worksheet because the window is too small and I can't see the help window because it is partly covered by the excel window. My fear is I have to live with it. Can somebody convince me otherwise? Thanks Oskar von dem Hagen ...

Help in archiving large mailstore...
Help! Please! We have a 600Gb exchange system in 8 mailstores - many uses have in excess of 1Gb in their inboxes - some have up to 20Gb! Several users also have in excess of 100,000 mail messages, some in excess of 500,000 in their inboxes (one has 615,000) ... We have about 150 mailboxes in total. System is on 4 Windows Server 2003 systems. Sigh... as you might have guessed, there has been no policy up until now - I intend to enforce one as performance is degrading rapidly. Some people, Heaven help me, sort their HUGE inboxes by subject... then when after 5 minutes nothing's hap...

file and folder help. Please :)
Hi I have a list of files in an excel sheet in the first column I would like to know is there a way I can get excel to search for these files by giving it a dirctory and then it would copy the files to a directory I set, so say I have the following in an excel document 15632.dxf 55555.dxf 95854.dxf now they are under directory X and the directory I want them to be copier to is XX is there a way to do this, I would appreciate any help Thanks. Ali Aliandro, Sub CopyFiles() Range("A2").Select ' starting cell Do While Selection <> "" FileCopy "C:\x\&q...

Please help!!!!! How do I enter this formula???
I want to enter a count formula for a rota I'm doing for my staff using the 24 hour clock. Basically I want to be able to count the number of staff working in the rota between two selected times without having to put dates into the rota. The staff work 24 hour shifts so the count has to take account of the fact that if the rota says a staff member worked between, say, 20:00 and 8:00 that member of staff worked between 8:00 pm on one day to 8:00 am on the following day. For Monday, for instance, cells b6:b21 contain the start times for the respective members of staff and cells c6...

Mailbox authentication problem!! Please HELP!!!
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server through outlook. I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up properly when you check the name. The user can login to the domain properly, but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the exchange. I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders will open up. I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but with no luck. Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder size and number of emails. ...