pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...

i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but
not for others...

there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens?

any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for
all fields.

thanx

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options,
select 'Grand totals for columns' option.

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

Get Pivot Table Data Formula
Is anyone a Pivot Table Guru? I need to use the GetPivotData formula to get a subtotal line within the Pivot, but when I use the equals I keep getting a reference error! eg. Need to access Sep Hrs - cannot get total as I receive a ref error. But for Total hrs I can use the formula!! Is there a way I can use the getpivotdata formula or another formula to access these category subtotals from the pivot table!! The pivot table is dynamic aswell, and its range grows as you add in additional weeks.. Help!! There are example GetPivotData formulas in Excel's Help. Can you base your fo...

how do i show 3 significant figures
i need to show numbers to 3 significant figures. in one column, the numbers should show as 5.36, 7.56, 20.8, 47.6, 171, 291, 1070. all to 3 significant figures, but to different numbers of decimal places. thanks. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:52:01 -0800, peter <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to show numbers to 3 significant figures. in one column, the numbers >should show as 5.36, 7.56, 20.8, 47.6, 171, 291, 1070. all to 3 significant >figures, but to different numbers of decimal places. thanks. You can use this formula in a "helper column":...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

Variance Total for less than complete year?
Hi, I'm comparing monthly data for the current year 2005 with monthly data for 2004 - easy-peasy for the month-on-month variance! My sheet has data for all 12 months of 2004, but I'm only filling in 2005 data as it becomes available. However, I want to show an accumulated total variance to date - i.e. the 7 month totals (jan-Jul2005) v. the corresponding 7 months totals for Jan-jul2004. How can I create a summing formula that adjusts accordingly? Many thanks, Enzo any ideas anyone? Enzo "Enzo" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm comparing monthly data for the cu...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

Calculate total amount on continuous form line in sub-form
Hi, I’m on Access in Office 2003. I have a sub-form which has a default view of “Continuous Forms”. This form is comprised of a single line which has the fields: Work Date Hours Miles Other Expense Total The work date, hours, miles, and Other expenses are data entry fields. The Total field is equal to (Hours * HourlyRate) + (Miles * MilageRate) + Other Expenses. The rates are retrieved from the main form. That part is working fine. The Work Date, Hours, Miles, and Other Expenses are bound to fields on my table. The Total field is unbound. The problem ...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Column lines
Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. how do i correct this. thanks Got to Tools>Options and check the box next to Gridlines "Scudo" wrote: > Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and > did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did > open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. > > how do i correct this. &...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Can a standard column in MS Project be permanently hidden
We need to hide the Std Rate column in the resource views in MS Project for certain project managers (due to contractual requirements) so we are trying to determine if we can just hide it from everyone. We need to make it so it can't be added back. Even though it would be possible to set up a task and add 1 hour and look at the cost to get the rate, the requirement is that the Std Rate field be hidden. Is this something that is possible? This is for Project Server 2007 SP2 and MS Project Pro 2007 SP2. This is a frequently asked question and I'm afraid the answer is still ...

How do I sum dollars in one column based on dates in another?
How can I sum the total numbers contained in one column based on dates in another column? Example: I need the total of 5 units sold int the month of January 2006. I have the sale ammounts in one column and the closing dates in another. What forumla would I use for this? Thanks in advance for any help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(B2:B50)=1),--(YEAR(B2:B50)=2006),A2:A50) for January change 1 in the month part to a different month -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Alan" <Alan@discus...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Sort across a table
I have a table with theese records: SpillID SumBS SumGG SumBB SumBH 1 66 42 53 21 2 60 22 35 32 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 10 4 46 5 -8 53 17 -1 6 39 18 49 53 7 17 50 54 34 8 24 53 38 56 9 25 44 35 53 10 55 11 -9 32 Are there a way that Access that can present these data sorted like this: SpillID 1 66 53 42 21 2 60 35 32 22 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 46 10 4 5 53 17 -1 -8 6 53 49 39 18 7 54 50 34 17 8 56 53 38 24 9 53 44 35 25 10 55 32 11 -9 Any answer will be highly valued. hi, On 15.02.2010 12:14, The Viking wrote: > I have a table with theese records: > Spil...

Searching Columns
I have a box (cell) at the top of the page in which I want it to search a column for the latest date. Once it finds the latest date it takes the data from a cell in the same row as the latest date. Can this be done? If so, how? Aviator You can use a formula like: =MAX(C:C) to find the biggest date in column C (if column C contains nothing but dates) To return the value in the column D that matches the biggest date: =INDEX(D:D,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)) Debra Dalgleish has some nice notes for =index(match()) at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aviator wrote: > > I have a...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help. I want to be able to automate the following procedure Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table. Many thanks - Batman2002 Batman, If you really want the entirerow, then use this - if you just want the selection, then remove the .EntireRow of the last line: Sub CopySelectioToNewWorksheet() Dim mySheet1 As Worksheet Dim mySheet2 As Worksheet Set mySheet1 = ActiveSheet Set mySheet2 = Sheets.Add(Type:="Worksheet") mySheet1.Activate Selection.EntireRow.Copy mySheet2.Range("A1") End Sub HTH, Bernie "...

counting totals, but not using "like"
Morning all, i have a pretty simple query totaling up the Incidents for a year. The field I am looking up is a text field, that has a lookup to another table (I know, most people don't like that, but I have a lot of options there) When I run the query: SELECT Count(tblSENEIncidentLogCY.[NATURE OF DISTRESS]) AS [CountOfNATURE OF DISTRESS] FROM tblDISTRESS INNER JOIN tblSENEIncidentLogCY ON tblDISTRESS.DISTRESS = tblSENEIncidentLogCY.[NATURE OF DISTRESS]; no problem, gives me a Total number of all entries in that field. What I am trying to do is have a number of only t...

running total #2
Is there a way to create a running total? A new entry is made in a "input" cell. This entry needs to be added to the already existin total. This is a repeated task. I ultimately want to be able to ente different numbers at different times and have them added to the tota of previous entries. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is for a Scout Troo fundraising spreadsheet. Larry Chalmers 110th Toronto Scout Grou -- Larry ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Larry C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

Can I make column width and row height equal (a grid) in Excel?
I'd like to use a worksheet like a piece of graph paper. Is there any simple way to set the column width and the row height to form perfect squares in a worksheet? Buzz MS Office Excel Template for graph paper........ http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010183751033.aspx If you want to "roll your own"....... Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions your approximation can be off. If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you then convert to inches at 25.4 mm per inch.......... Ole Erlandson has code for set...