Pivot table field settings--ghosted out

I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database.  I a
trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE".  Currently
they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting.

I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cel
heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS".  This brings up th
Pivot table field window.  The only options that I have that are no
ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE".

I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under th
Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so, as it's ghosted.
Consequently the Sum/Count/Average/Max/Min... options are als
unavailable.

This is the case with all of my spreadsheets that connect to this OLA
database.

Is there a global setting that can be reset on Excel?  Or is this
setting in our OLAP cubes?  Or is there something else?

Scot

--
Scott Reoc
Scott Reoch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

When the pivot table is based on an OLAP database, you can't change the
summary function for the row and column field subtotals.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/9/2005 10:44:53 PM
yeah you need to have your olap developer do that

0
aaron.kempf (776)

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

multiple NTDS Settings
to whom it may concern: is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? any effect on this? thank you. On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro" <sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote: >to whom it may concern: > >is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? > >any effect on this? > > >thank you. > What do you mean here? If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS Settings" under the DC. yes its on AD Si...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Preventing extra Worksheets when drilling down in Pivots?
Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, unless I want it to stay in my workbook? it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to take a look. Thanks so much. Maybe you should use a Userrform with a combobox to store your lists. http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "STILLA" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, > unless I want it to stay in my workbook? > > it drives me nuts deleti...

I can not set an msn account
Hi. I could set a free hotmail account using outlook. I receintly bought an extra storage account using msn. Now I have problems trying to set the msn account using outlook, in spite I could set the hotmail account without problem. I can read and send mail using the browser. Can somebody help me to set the msn account using outlook? I am receiving the error message: Configuration: Account: MSN Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: username@msn.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc19 ...

Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field
On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the auto fill list for the To: Field. when i start to type in a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list of names to choose from. the one i most use is on the bottom of the list. How do i edit the list to get the one i use most to the top? Do you use the others as well? Editing the list will remove them from the list. If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same position. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

pivot tables #9
i posted this on the general forum but i thought maybe someone here can help me. I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each reason by week. my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month. i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for that one week over the total sales for all four regions. is there a way i can add that to the table? i.e. the table is currently like this: Week 1 East 500 Midwest 487 South 529 West 492 Total 2008 i want to add the percentages like this: Week 1 East ...

Pivot table returns `
I have data from an SQL WBC-A. When I pivot this data it returns ` (The character below the tilde) Any other data returns the correct pivot. E.g. WBC-X returns WBC-X ...

how field name output same as input
Thanks for any help. I have a query from a couple tables, and one of the field names in the table is 'IGP' and I have a field in the query that was IGP and now I changed to IGP: iif(blah IGP blah) which gives me a circular error. The table is used by a bunch of other things, so I don't want to change the field name there, and the field name for the output is used by a bunch of things, so nor do I want to change the name there. I am using Access 2007. I thought about changing the output field to IGP_, and I could change the embedded queries in Excel that use it, but...

passing non-field value into vba
I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then remove the modified window or make the field invisible again. While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property, Visible = true and mov...

Allocation Method set to None
Not sure I understand Allocation Method set to None. Orders must be allocated before they can be fulfilled. So what exactly does setting Allocation Method set to None do? How then does the order get allocated? Thx ...

Derived Field
I'd like to add a derived field to this situation: Parent Table : Shipments (pk)Shipment_No Shipment_Date Shipment_Size ....other fields... Child Table : Shipment_Inspection Shipment_No (connected field) Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment) ....other fields... I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of the shipment that is Good. Thanks! ...

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

Rule not matching "from" field
I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field. Sometimes I get mail like this: From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com] I want to match "bill@somedomain.com". I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in the brackets. Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote: &...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

how do I set a semi-log plot on Excel
Create your chart. Double click on the vertical axis, and on the scale tab, check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you decide you want a log-log chart, you need to start with a scatter chart, In a scatter chart, both axes offer the Logarithmic Scale option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ...