Pivot Table Error message

I have created a pivot table in an Excel workbook.  When I open the work
book, I can a message telling me that there are errors that Excel has
repaired and to save the workbook.  There is also a log file that is as
follows:

Microsoft Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'C:\projects\marketing requests.xls'
The following is a list of repairs:

Repairs were made to PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[marketing
requests.xls]MarketingAnalysis'.

but the message keeps happening each time I open the workbook, whether I
choose to replace the cells or save it as a new workbook, or what else?

Thanks in advance.

0
rmogy (16)
2/28/2006 12:04:34 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

There are commercial recovery services.  I've never used it, but you might want
to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

And sometimes newer versions of excel can open files that older versions can't.
(And sometimes just different versions may work, too!)

--

Dave Peterson
0

filter rule hidden "messages"
Hello, I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any option to see those hidden objects? O. On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:02:47 +0200, "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are >saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any >option to see those hidden objects? > >O. > mdbvue32, mfcmapi are some products that let you view rul...

error 0 while exporting store from hq
Getting this error message while exporting store database from HQ even after October 2004 hotfix. An error was encountered while exporting data. Store operation database is not complete and may not work. Error 0 Sagar, You said the Oct hotfix. Do you mean hotfix # 887064 or the Nov # 887168? The Nov. hotfix says it fixes; Exporting a store from HQ database will cause an Error 0 message when HQ database is named with number. Is this the problem? If so, contact your reseller or M$ for the hotfix by opening a support incident or call 888-400-4266. -- = "Sagar Lipare" <Sa...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

Messages rejected by receive connector
I administer a set of Exchange 2007 servers in a somewhat complex organization. We are one of 7 domains all in the same forest. One of the other domains has set up a distribution group. When people from outside our network email the distribution group, they receive an error that the message was rejected with an <#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender> error. I currently have the default settings on my receive connectors. It is my understanding that since this is coming from another Exchange 2007 server in the same organization it shoul...

Operation Failed message when opening Outlook 2000
I get an Operation failed message when opening Outlook 2000 with win xp pro OS. Ive tried removing and reloading the program but it goes back to the old settings and will not open. Any ideas? Had troubles with a trojan horse on the same computer affecting IE but got that fixed. ...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Forwarding Messages #3
When I forward a message out of my sent items box I lose the text of the message. The message is still there and tells me of the action on the top. How do I retain the text of the message also. Nathan ...

Querying Messages Addressed to a Domain
Dumb Question: We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com. We'd like to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient policy. How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed to this domain? Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does some type of logging need to have been enabled? Thanks, Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the la...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

"create mscrm.sql" error on 3rd (re-)install
I have installed CRM 1.2 on SBS2K3 twice as "advetureworks cycle" and "msdn subscriber" with only 90% success because of conflicts on the web site. I have removed the conflicts but now CRM installer errors trying to create the new database as (default) local service. My login has SQLServer db_creator permissions and I can create a DB, so I'm totally confused. Can I workaround this somehow ? What login needs to be given db_creator rights so Install can run te SQL scripts ? Hi Marcus, have you deleate the complete the old date from AWC? Have you delete the ...

Message attachment size
I have a vbs script that will search through an Exchange 2003 server and find all messages with a given type of file attachment. Is there a way to get the attachment size as well? ...

error: 2147417848
I'm doing a quantitative frequency distribution in megastat "exel" when I click ok, the following appears : Error No. -2147417848 (Method 'Offset' of object 'Range' failed) has occurred in Frequency Distributions - Quantitative....... :( can somebody help me ..... Aundrea Open the Excel sheet, Then, press "Alt+F11".Microsoft Visual Basic opens up. Click on "Insert" tab, select 'Module". then, copy & paste the codes given below in the Module(code). Dim max_reihen As Integer, lowestRow As Integer, latestCol As Integer D...

Installation Error ... KB 935922
Hello, > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > unavailable. > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922 ] How can I fix it now ?? Thank you Athan On Dec 27, 10:42=A0am, "Athan" <ath...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > > unavailable. > > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922] > > How can I fix it now ?? > > Than...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

CRM Sales for Outlook
I have had to re-install Sales for Outlook a couple of time (including moving from one CRM target server to another, and back again), and now when I try to 'Go Off- line' I get an error stating 'The subscription already exists.'. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks ...

Message Rules Get Lost?
When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize all the rules? Thanks, -Bob Outlook 2003 XP Pro You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I know. "B...

Message Pane too wide
I cannot see the entire message in order to read it. The only way that I can move it so that I can see more of it is to move the folders column to the left. This has nothing to do with font. This has to do with shrinking the message pane down to normal size. "nktexas" <nktexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3BA89B5-AF78-4D1B-802D-8CD82C27B98A@microsoft.com... > I cannot see the entire message in order to read it. The only way that I > can > move it so that I can see more of it is to move the folders column to the > left. This ha...

handling message of buttons in dynamic dialog
Environment: VC++ (MFC) To create a modal dialog box and some push buttons on it indirectly, I have used DLGTEMPLATE and DLGITEMTEMPLATE. Then,l call empty CDialog constructor to construct the dialog box object. Next, I call InitModalIndirect and DoModal to create and display my dialog box. But, I can't handle notification message of these pushbuttons. As you know I can't use the classwizard because this modal dialog is dynamically created with its control, and since it is a CDialog object (not a CDialog derived class,according MSDN) I can't override its function to add mess...

Script Error Message
Receive the followimg error message box upon opening Outlook 2003: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" ...

how to correct page setup errors in word 2003
Error message in Word 2003 page setup. "Settings you chose for the left and right margins, column spacings, or paragraph indents are too large for the page in some sections". I have tried everything I can think of to adjust, and still the message persists. Anyone know how to overcome this or to disable this function. Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, then click OK. If the problem occurs in a single document, this should correct it. If it occurs in all documents, you will need to follow the same steps in the Normal template; see htt...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...

Export by TransferText in macro error
Hey there, I have an export that I am running in my macro. Here is the code: Sequence = 1 strFile = "SCMHeader" & Sequence & ".txt" DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "450Specs", "SCMHeader", "P:\Nav\" & strFile, , , True When I run it I get an Invalid Argument error on the DoCmd line. I don't understand where I am going wrong here, can anyone help! Thanks!!! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Looks as though you've got one too many commas before the True for whether or not there are...

Tabling
Dear reader(s) I'm doing some coursework using Microsoft excel 97. one of the tasks have to do is use a table. The user enter, a number, and the length o the table will increase. (columns), according to that number The width stays the same. The table has a default length of thre columns. I've been given this notation: = cell above + 1 (a2) = b1 +1 copy formula down Specify row number Choose another cell (b2) stop at 7 b2 =( if cell above = 7 then don't put anything, otherwise add 1 t cell above) I don't know if that will help, it didn't do much for me. Thanks ...

Table
I have the following formula in each of the nine cells in the table below {=TABLE(O17,D29)} Yet each of the calculated amounts are different. I understand what the table is doing I just can't figure out if there are hidden worksheets or cells that show the table. $268,808,261 9.50% 9.75% 10.00 10.75% 276,201,526 273,122,434 270,197,297 11.00% 271,818,702 268,808,261 265,948,341 11.25% 267,529,883 264,586,412 261,790,114 Please help ...