Pivot Table (blank) Cells

Can I remove the '(blank)' entry that appears in pivot table cells that have
no contents? Thanks

0
koala824
3/18/2010 7:28:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select one of the cells with (blank) in it.

Hit the space bar and hit enter.

This is really replacing the (blank) with a single space character.

--

Dave Peterson
0

> Select one of the cells with (blank) in it.
>
> Hit the space bar and hit enter.
>
> This is really replacing the (blank) with a single space character.
>
> koala824 at Comcast wrote:
>>
>> Can I remove the '(blank)' entry that appears in pivot table cells that
>> have
>> no contents? Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
koala824
3/18/2010 7:50:32 PM
I think this comes as a surprise to every user!

--

Dave Peterson
0

Linking many cells
I wish to link many cells in (e.g. A1:40) in sheet 1 to A1:A40 in sheet 2 without doing it one by one so that whaever I type in A1 sheet 1 appears in A1 sheet 2. Please any idea? dk As long as your 'from' and 'to' blocks are structured identically (eg 1 column of forty rows in your example), it's straightforward. Click in the first 'to' cell, Sheet1!A1. Type the '=' sign, then click in the first 'from' cell, Sheet2!A1, then hit enter. Your formula in Sheet!A1 should read =Sheet2!A1 (look for it in the formula bar). Grab the fill handle (th...

Cell Reference 01-12-10
What I am looking for is that when I enter a formula (In cell B1) to pick up value in A1. Now I need value from cell A5 in cell B2. Next value I need in B3 is A9. Everytime I have to change the cell values manually in column B. Formula I use : - =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) Now I need value from cell H336 and I manually change H331 to H336 shown below =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H336,0) Any way to make this automated. Thanks Ankur Bhateja ankur.bhateja@hotmail.com Instead of =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) you could say =IF(AK64<=$D$4,H331,0) ...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

why do i get #### in my formula cell?
I don't really know much about Excel, and my formula (it's just simple arithmetic formulas) returns with ##### displayed on the cell, with a tooltip showing the cell's correct value when I hover over it. airn, make the column wider and see if that helps -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "airn" <airn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6F4DD7C-3D7D-475C-894D-0F7745735666@microso...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

Conditional Formating: linking to display another cell
Hello, I am trying to make a traffic light with symbols and I've read to 'use a separate cell for the dropdown choices, with their resulting value linked into the formatted cell through an IF function, using the character that you want to display.' So: =IF someone enters '1' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$4 (will it display font and attributes?) =IF someone enters '2' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$5 =IF someone enters '3' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$6 But I've been reading everywhere and CF is very new to me and I need ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equal 0
in another cell? =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"",(A1="yes")*1+(A1="no")*0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "can I make cell yes equal 1, no equa" <can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E222344-E390-4D39-B82D-39586CC55A64@microsoft.com... > Picky but I don't think that you need the " +(A1="no")*0 " Just =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"&quo...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

Find a value in cells
Hi, all, I have something like this : a 1 b 4 c 5 d 3 I'm doing a max function in the number column and it returns me '5' But, after that, I want to know the letter which corresponds to the max number How can I do that? Thanks Nic -- nicgendron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nicgendron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386417 Let's say that...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

Getting cells to automatically delete spaces
Hi all I have got a very large spreadsheet where the information is presente as: 111111/ 1 Notice the two spaces after the forward slash. There's about 10'00 cells in the column with varying numbers but all in the above format. I need to get the two spaces deled so that it will appear as: 111111/1 Is there a way i can get excel to proccess this for me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Darre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Darren, Select the required area or a whole sheet, and do a simple Replace (Edit menu), asking Excel to replace s...

Identifying LOCKED cells
Is there a way to identify locked cells, other than going through the processof looking at each cell's format? Here's by quandry. I am working a worksheet which has both locked and unlocked cells. Unfortunately some of the locked cells should be unlocked so that data can be input. Thanks for your help To reply to this message, remove "mand" from my address. Thanks I've dragged the lock button onto a toolbar. When I click on a cell, I can glance at that and see if it's depressed (not suicidal!) or not. Tools|Customize|Commands Tab|Format category. Look for "Lo...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

Blank spaces
Hi all, I have loads of cells in a column with a blank space at the beginnin of the text in each cell. I would like to get rid of the blank spaces at the beginning of eac cell's text, but without getting rid of the blanks included in the bod of the cells' text. Anybody knows how I could do this? Thanks for helping m -- Scurlo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scurloc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2985 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49553 Use the TRIM fun...

paste linked cells show "0"
I have a number of cells in a range (lets say A14:J52). Some of these cells are "paste linked" from cells on other sheets. Unfortunately, when the original cell is empty, the value of the "paste linked" cell shows as "0". (not just blank like the original) Is there a way to keep the "paste linked" cell showing "0"? If not, how would I go about using VBA to systematically go through the above described range and delete those zeros? At the point I ran this code, any "0" could be deleted from the range safely whether it ...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...