Pivot table #10

I wish to create a pivot table using four columns such as

Category             Gross                       GST
Nett
Phones               $200.00                   $25.00
$175.00
Vehicle               $452.00                   $52.01
$399.99
Wages                $825.00
$825.00

I drag the category field to the "drop row fields here" area no problem, but
the other 3 field options of Gross, GST and Nett do not seem to work when
dropped in either of the column fields or data items boxes, what simple
mistake am I making.

Thanks for any help,

0
tommorgan (4)
10/30/2004 6:28:32 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Category should go into the row area, and the other three fields should
go into the data area of the pivot table, where the amounts can be summed.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Cell Reference 01-12-10
What I am looking for is that when I enter a formula (In cell B1) to pick up value in A1. Now I need value from cell A5 in cell B2. Next value I need in B3 is A9. Everytime I have to change the cell values manually in column B. Formula I use : - =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) Now I need value from cell H336 and I manually change H331 to H336 shown below =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H336,0) Any way to make this automated. Thanks Ankur Bhateja ankur.bhateja@hotmail.com Instead of =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) you could say =IF(AK64<=$D$4,H331,0) ...

outlook 2003 02-18-10
Can not send mail from a distribution list created in Outlook 2003 - why? I get an error message that reads - could not be delivered to the following receive 501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error Can someone help me. "pj jakobsen" <pj jakobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D15814-B5C5-4153-91EF-F3D36CD3F581@microsoft.com... > Can not send mail from a distribution list created in Outlook 2003 - why? > I get an error message that reads - could not be delivered to the following > receive 501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error > Can someone help me. ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Upgrading #10
I am currently using MS Money 99 and recently purchased Money 2006. I want to upgrade and keep using the same file in the new version of the software. (This way I still have all my financial data in tact.) When I go to open the 99 file or restore the 99 backup in the 2006 version, I get an error message that says it cannont locate the file or that is has been corrupted. I know neither of these are true because I can still use the file in Money 99. I don't think Money 2006 knows how to recognize the 99 file. How do I use my Money 99 file in the 2006 version of the software? M...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Accpac DOS with Adagio Migration to Dynamics 10
Anybody still do these migrations.... ...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

Payroll GP 10.0

Trouble with Expression 02-19-10
This expression counts the number of records where a tick box is YES TxtSoleYes: Count(IIf(txtSole,1,Null)) Why doesn't this work to give me the number of No's TxtSoleYes: Count(IIf(txtSole,0,Null)) Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201002/1 Tony - Try Sum instead of Count. Count gives the number of non-nulls, and zero is non-null. -- Daryl S "TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com&...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

Adding multiple tables in one report
I am trying to customize the default report Daily Detailed Sales with Tax. What i need to do is add the Tender Type (Credit card / cash / check) as another column in the report. So far i have found out: i need to add a column i need to import the TenderEntry table for the data I need to find out: How to import another table I have tried to import the table using sql UNION function, but that wont work for me either. any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank You Hi ED, The things make sense to me regarding the adding tables and fields which you can do and customized the .grp file. ...

Pivot table help I think !
Hi All, I have a report I need to create which goes as follows. I have a data list of around 56k records. The rows contain this; category 1, category 2, category 3, call id and Date I've created a pivot table with Cat1, cat2, cat 3 on the row area, Count of Call ID in the data area and date in the column area (this is grouped by Month). I'm looking at the months of Mar, Apr and May. I want to sort it, in descending order, by the difference of 'Count of Call ID' there is between Mar and May. If I cannot perform the calculation in the pivot table, is there a way of ungroupi...

WMC says UI unexpectedly launched and then closes 01-15-10
Hi All, I was previously able to listen to music via my X-box Extender but now when I try to connect to WMC it says an application launched UI unexpectedly and the connection is lost. I can't seem to resolve this issue - can anyone please help. The extender shows up on my network until this message is shown then disappears yet all connections are fine. -- raw68 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raw68's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/174452.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/1293397.htm ht...

Pivot Table toolbar
Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - this is very irritating! Is there any way to stop this happening? "GeoffS" <crammond-smith@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:39d201c355a8$a7f788b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar > launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - > this is very irritating! > > Is there any way to stop this happening? I use Excel97 but it may be the same. You can have the toolbar on all the time, positio...

Force data type from Text to Memo in a simple Make Table Query
I'm concatenating fields of various data types that upon completion sometimes reaches around 500 characters. Not huge, but larger than the Text limitation to which is what Access 2007 of course converts this. How can I force the data type to be Memo while I'm in the query so the resulting table displays all the data without any truncation. -- TIA Eric S UPRR I don't believe you can. I think you'll have to create the table first, and then append to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "E...

Pivot tabels -- Incorrect sorting of specific value in pivot table
A message was posted yesterday that has not shown up so this is a second attmpt. I have a pivot table that consistently places a value at the top of the sorted llist (bottom if decending) even though that value should be in the middle of the list. A sample of the values are ALC, SNO, CET, ESU, TEL, STR, JUN, NKA, NTL, blank. The JUN value is always at the top. Any value placed in the field that begins with J shows at the top. If the value is changed to any other letter, it sorts correctly. The data has been reentered at the source, the query checked, and the downloaded data chec...