Pivot Chart - negative values not displaying properly

Hello,

I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I
have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be
displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values
are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I
need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
0
Aleksandr
3/3/2010 4:32:30 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Aleksandr,
 This may be silly to ask, but...
 Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a negative
value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value.

Ex. instead of 0 to 100
perhaps -25 to 125.

hth

On Mar 3, 2:16=A0am, FloMM2 <Flo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Aleksandr,
> =A0This may be silly to ask, but...
> =A0Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a neg=
ative
> value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value.
>
> Ex. instead of 0 to 100
> perhaps -25 to 125.
>
> hth
>

> "Aleksandr" wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I
> > have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be
> > displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values
> > are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I
> > need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated.

HTH,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that but I think the issue is
that it is a stacked area. When i used a stacked column everything was
displayed as expected. I'm not sure if there is a way to go around
this issue when using a stacked area chart.
0
Aleksandr

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

x values and plotting points
I need to plot points and draw a straight line to calculate the slope. I will use this same method to present a trend for data points over time ( three years per compound)! Help! I have Excel 97. Thanks! annette christian wrote: > I need to plot points and draw a straight line to > calculate the slope. I will use this same method to > present a trend for data points over time ( three years > per compound)! > > Help! I have Excel 97. > > Thanks! You should be able to chart your data points using the Chart Wizard. See http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/...

Value creation failed at line 422
Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? well, you have to provide more info than that before people here could provide possible solutions. Info like, what GP application? what window? what module? what are trying to do on that window? posting? printing? saving? do you have customizations? ---Darryl Bajaro "Phil" wrote: > Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? ...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

How to properly group radio buttons
I have created eight radio buttons. Two of them are in first groupbox and others are in second groupbox. When I try radio buttons, only one of all eight can be checked. How to make buttons in one groupbox not depending on other groupbox ? Thanks ! P. Hi, The first radio button in each group should have the group style set to true. The grouping then works from the first group button with the group style upto and excluding the next control with the groups style. Note the grouping is tab order dependent. Hope this helps Chris Taylor "Peter" <pskvarka@softinengines.com> wro...

WEEKNUM in pivot returns 1900-01-31
Hi! I'm sitting with an excel pivot that has one column (Weeks) which originates from fields formatted like this: =WEEKNUM(G445;2). But in the pivot, the field magically converts into 1900-01-31 (Swedish date)! It looked alright to me until 1 Augusti, when the weeknumber changed from 31 to 32. Then it restarted from 31 to 1 :( I've tried to change the original formula to =TEXT(WEEKNUM(G445;2);0), but the pivot can't sort the list properly, thinking that 21 comes after 1... Any ideas? Thanks alot! /Martin If you just format that field (in the pivottable) as General, what do you...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

How many decimal places can a cell display?
How many decimal places can be displayed in a cell? I'm running a brute force VBA procedure of finding fractions that will approximate pi to as many decimal places as Excel will display, but I don't know how many decimal places Excel will display accurately. Anybody know? I guess this is also a matter of how many decimal places VBA will calculate accurately as well. Sub PiFractions() Dim dividend As Integer, divisor As Integer, quotient As Double Dim rowpointer As Byte rowpointer = 1 For dividend = 22 To 10000 For divisor = 7 To dividend \ 3 quotient = dividend / diviso...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...

array formula values
How to get values obtained by an array formula in a single cell separated by commas or any other symbols? Can we sum up or count the values obtained by an array formula in a single cell? The answer to your second question is yes. Simply wrap the array formula witha SUM() function, and commit the entire formula with Ctrl-Shift-Enter "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > How to get values obtained by an array formula in a single cell separated by > commas or any other symbols? > Can we sum up or count the values obtained by an array formula in a single > cell? ...

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Chart: Point & Figures
Hi, I want to automate the drawing of Point & Figures Charts based on a simple pricelist that contains 2 rows; Date and price. Does anyyone know of any useful functionality in Excel, Add-Ins, shareware or anything else that I can use for this purpose? Thanks in advance. Hi, I have a page here that may help. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm Cheers Andy johannes wrote: > Hi, > > I want to automate the drawing of Point & Figures Charts > based on a simple pricelist that contains 2 rows; Date and > price. Does anyyone know of any useful functionality in...