Pie Chart color

Hi,

Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the
color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want.

Thanks for help.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles'
around it.
Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the
> color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want.
>

> Thanks for help.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Color Tabs
Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is active? Only from XL2002 on. -- HTH Bob Phillips "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active? Only in 2002/2003 Zero -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

excel fillin color
Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in the preview Have I turned off a switch or what needs to be done? Hi The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ron" <roncyn@bresnan.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#Ro$W7fOEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in > the pr...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Drawing static/edit control in different colors
Hi All, This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during InitDialog and while dialog is 'up' (DoModal). As an aside, can change the color of static text just based on the resource ID? i.e. not creating a variable for the control in the dialog class. Thanks in Advance! Corey. Corey Wirun wrote: > Hi All, > > This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color > of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during > In...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

My charts do not show when moved as a separate chart tab...
In excel 2007 my charts are displayed when inserted in a a sheet but they do not show when moved as separate tabs ...

How do I set an auto alternating row color?
I'd like to set my excel database ROWS to alternating colors(ex. teal & white). My database is HUGE and I can't feasibly do it manually without taking hours and hours clicking each row and changing the color. Also another concern is that I constantly am adding rows throughout the database. I'd like to know if there's a way to automatically have to row colors stay alternating. Thanks a ton! Daniel Daniel, Select all your cell, the use Format / Conditional Formatting... Formula is... and use the formula =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 (for the first row to not be shaded) or =MOD(RO...

Creating a chart with varying data value ranges
I have a chart that I want to show home price data with. The chart will have data that has very significantly varying data values. For example, one line graph will be 50-100, one will be 400,000 to 500,000, one will be 90% to 110%. I would like to show these line graphs on one chart. How to I make a chart with differing ranges on the x (vertical) axis? Take a bit of seutp work, but the end result here is impressive: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/PanelUnevenScales.html BTW, the vertical axis is the y-axis. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Anthony Blackburn&quo...

Copy & Paste Chart
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another. However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot" with "EMBED". Ideas??? TIA - Bob What's your question? You don't say what you're looking for. What does the formula bar say in parentheses after "EMBED"? You can copy the chart as a picture: hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and choose the On Screen and Picture options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutor...

How do I sort data in excel by color?
Sorry, English isn’t my mother tongue, hope you’ll be able to understand my question anyway. I have a sheet with four columns of data. Three of them contain numbers and the last one contains a word like the example bellow. In Out Pending Name 1 3 2 Andrew 5 3 7 Mike 3 2 4 Andrew 2 7 1 Mary 4 5 1 Andrew Now, if I want to quickly find all rows containing the word “Andrew” I go to Edit, click Find and click replace and type Andrew into the “Find what” space and Andrew into the “replace with” space. After that I format the fon...

Bubble Charting
Hi There Hope you all can help, i've looked everywhere but have found it very difficult to achieve what I want. I'm not familiar with VB but i know how to copy and paste into modules! Here is the data (column by column): Name --- X --- Y --- Bubble Size --- RAG Status OK, here are my requirements... - Each bubble to be labeled with column name - RAG status to conditionally format the colour of the bubble. Thanks in advance! Hi, You can do the colour coding by using multiple series and some simple formula to create conditional charts, this will give you more detail on the subj...

Changing programmatically the color of a row #4
tghcogo Wrote: > once you have the conditional format set correctly all you have to do is > rightclick on the mouse, copy, highlight the destination cells, paste > special, formats. > > Or alternatively double click the "format painter" icon and highlight > the destination cells/rows and leftclick to paste > > tghcogo Very thaks to all! I have already sloved the problem... Thanks for the help :p -- masterx81 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ masterx81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Is it possible to create Graphs and Charts?
Our company is interested in making nice graphs and charts to use as maketing tools for some data we have collected. Is Publisher capable of creating graphs and charts. Excel doesn't give us the professional quality we are trying to achieve. Thanks!! Our corporate office uses Corel Draw and the graphs look amazing. If Excel can create graphs like that then I need to know how. "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Erin LRX wrote: > > Our company is interested in making nice graphs and charts to use as maketing > > tools for some data we have collected. Is Publisher capable ...