Permission to use object denied

I'm trying to use Excel 97 on an XP machine, this happens whenever I
open a workbook with a macro.

I believe this has something to do with XP's security, has anyone
figured a way around it to make Excel 97 work in XP?

--
reybie
reybie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27856

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

how can you find fonts that are used in publisher
I'm Using Publisher 2000. When I open my publisher document, I get a message box- Load font showing me the fonts that are embedded in my publication or are unavailable. I looked over the thing. I can't find this font. It prints fine, the system subs the font but I would to be able to find this to get ride of this annoying box. Is there some tool for this? There is a button on the inquiry dialogue labeled "Font Substitution", in the next dialogue you have the option of permanently substituting the font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer....

Active Directory contact objects
Hi, Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email address created via exchange tasks. Aloha Andy, When did you create them? It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt and pushed out to your client machines. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Hi, > > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not > appearing in the global address list in Outl...

make Outlook use alternate calendar
I have found a dll file which can be replaced by Arabic Hijri Calendar dll files in outlook 2003 program folder (program files\microsoft office\office11) in order to view the calendar in Persian Solar Calnedar, however to make outlook use it as its main calendar I have to change the "Regional and lang..." in Control panel which changes the calendar of the whole windows into Hijri lunar calendar which is not an ideal situtation :). So how can I make outlook to use Hijri calendar as its main calendar while the XP calendar is still Georgian? ...

Conditional formating using named cell
Hi. In a pivottable in Excel 07 I have the monthly results for a department. I use conditional formating to indicate if the spend value for year to date exceeds the total-year-plan with more than a certain pct. This pct will change over the year, depending on the month shown. Till now I have typed the value in the conditional formating: =3D($J9*4/12)<$G9 [J is total-year-plan and G is the spend value for year to date.] I would like to make the formula dynamic, and have it to refer to a cell called ValueForRed. I have tried to tye =3D($J9*ValueForRed)<$G9 but it does not work. Any s...

VBA Range Syntax Range(A2:???????) where ??? is Last used cell Col
Using XL 2003 & 97 What is the correct syntax for Range() as per the Subject Line? The following works fine: Set MyRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A10000").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) But, I want Range("A2:A10000") to be A2 : to the Last used cell Col A Any thoughts? TIA Dennis How about: with worksheets("sheet1") set myrange = .range("a2",.cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup)) end with You can add the .specialcells() stuff in that line or later. Dennis wrote: > > Using XL 2003 & 97 > > What...

Help creating an Excel Add-in using VS205 in either VB.NET or C#
Hi there, I know that what I'm asking is relatively simple so I would appreciate any help I could get. I want to create an Excel Add-in but I don't want to use VBA. The reason is that I want to hide my code. So what I would like to do is to create an Excel Addin using VS 2005 in either VB.NET or C#. Any sample code out there or perhaps steps by step instructions somewhere on the web as to how to create one? Essentially I want to create an Excel Addin and when I deploy it using an MSI on a machine I want to be able to run a formula something like =MyFormula() and this should ret...

MSPOS 2.0
MSPOS 2.0 - Can I use PcCharge or ICVerify? MSPOS 2.0 doesn't support 3rd party payment software such as PCCharge or ICVerify. However, in most cases it shouldn't be needed. Out of the box, POS supports just about any bank through the Vital and FDC networks. "Aaron Schmidt" <AaronSchmidt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBCDE0C0-F294-4BF1-9846-DF2429A7674D@microsoft.com... > MSPOS 2.0 - Can I use PcCharge or ICVerify? Is there a way to authorize to Paymentech? Is ther a way to write an interface to Paymentech, or a way I could have it dev...

Object not found. Cant open attachment, HELP PLEASE!!
I have 2 users out of 80 that cannot open attachments for some reason. They get a message saying "Object not found". I can open the message easily from my machine, no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before? We are all running XP Professional with Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. the mail format is HTML so I dont think its the Rich-Text issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Kennemer Dallas TX ...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
WebForm1.aspx Code: <%@ Register TagPrefix="ComponentArt" Namespace="ComponentArt.Web.UI" Assembly="ComponentArt.Web.UI" %> <ComponentArt:TreeView id="TreeView1" Height="520" AutoPostBackOnNodeMove="false" DragAndDropEnabled="true" NodeEditingEnabled="False" KeyboardEnabled="true" CssClass="TreeView" NodeCssClass="TreeNode" SelectedNodeCssClass="SelectedTreeNode" HoverNodeCssClass="HoverTreeNode" NodeEditCssClass="NodeEdit" LineIm...

How can I use my Brush In DrawDragRect method
Hi, I'm useing DrawDragRect() method of CClientDC. I want to use my brush to draw the rect. I'm passing my own brush in this method, but it is not using this brush. Please help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Public Folder Send on Behalf permissions
I've got a mail enabled public folder with an SMTP address. Mail comes into this folder. When users pick up an item that has come in, and reply, the mail get's send out with the users own SMTP address. I'd like the from: address to be the SMTP address of the public folder, so additional reply's come into the folder again. Send on behalf settings on the public folder sounds like the answer. But I can't get it to work. I've added users to the Send on Behal list, but the users still get an error when sending. In addition, I added the user to the ACL (full control) ...

How to use the "shell" command?
Hi, How can I use "shell" to move from Excel to the current (default) web page to copy some comma delimited text data, then open Notepad and save it there? I then can open the saved text in Excel with the captured text displayed as column data and rearrange it. Thanks for any help. TIA Tom Tom, You're adding steps you don't need. For example, you don't need the intermediate step of opening Notepad to retrieve delimited text from a web page to a worksheet. When you refer to "current (default) web page", do you mean the Internet Exp...

PPT Images too big when using Insert as Printout
Hey Everyone, I'm just trying to insert my prof's ppt notes into one note so I can take my notes next to them, but the images are always way too big when I use the insert as printout option. I know that I can just resize each image individually, but with lectures ranging from 45 slides to 95 slides.... it's just way too time-consuming. Is there something I can do so that the 'printouts' are smaller? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Hey Everyone, > > I'm just trying to insert my prof's ppt notes into one note so I can take my ...

Reserving Conference Rooms using Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP)
When I invite several people for a meeting, I also reserve a conference room. Once a conference room is selected it appears in the Location field of the meeting invite in Outlook. In our company we have large number of conference rooms, many of which are frequently booked. Is it possible to write a macro such that it would search through the list of available conference rooms and find the one that is not already booked, for the time I need it? The conference rooms all start with the same prefix in the Outlook list of addresses. Thanks for any guidance/suggestions! Yes, it's possible...

moving around using tabs and returns instead of the arrow keys.
Hello, When using excel I keep moving out of cells when I try and change the contents I have just typed. Is there a way to tell excel to go into the f2 type edit cell mode as soon as you start typing into a cell. hope that makes sense. thanks in advance Dave No. You have to press F2 or use the formula bar at the top. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >When using excel I keep moving out of cells when I try and change the >contents I have just typed. > >Is there a way to tell excel to go into the f2 type edit cell mode as soon >as you start typing into a ...

Re: Unable to open exchange 2000 mail box using Outlook 2003
"Ken Tech" <vtechakamphousha@4bizinet.com> wrote in message news:... > Urgent!!! > > My company has Exchange Server 2000 + latest sp on Win2k Server. Client > machines contain Outlook 2000, Outlook XP, and Outlook 2003. All outlook > versions work fine (can connect to exchange server and browse mailbox for > each user. > > Then I try to upgrade Exchnage server 2000 to 2003, the pre-install step has > been done but the program cannot be installed due to inproperly of ADC > version. The upgrade was cancel. > > After that outlook 2003 user cann...

Problem using calculated item for grouping
I have a pivot table showing counts of grades achieved by students. I can group some of these grades by adding a calculated item that just adds together the number of, say, grade As and grade Bs. This seems more elegant than the outline and grouping feature. So far so good. However I have another table where I have the data field added twice: one formatted as a percentage of the column. That works nicely too; I drag the 'data' field into the main body of the table and then label one column "Num" and the other "per cent". The problem is I can't now do my gro...

Macro: How to open not-excel-files by using excelvalue on Workbooks.Open Filename oa?
Hey Guys I' v made a list in Excel to show all files in a folder. Now I want to open singel file; choosing from this list. The file in folder could be either, Excel, Word, PDF or common picture- format. In case of not-macro-based actions I would use hyperlinks to open the files on regular basis, but I whant to make a "pick and choose"- function by using list/combo-box or something. I cell F2 I have constrructed full path/namevalue in order to open the chosen file. Example File1.xls - make cell F2 value: Y:\MyFolder\File1.xls - opens in Excel File2.pdf - make cell F2 value: Y...

VB Startup Script to move Computer Object
Hi, I'm writing a script to move the computer object from the default computer container to the OU which belongs to a particular site where the computer resides. If i run this script as logon script i.e when Domain Admin is logged on the computer objects moves fine . But as a startup script , it doesnt work throws error General Access denied . I know this is a permission issue , since as startup script it uses the local system access permission so it cannot create a new computer object on the OU . But is there a way where in i can send the authentication parameters ...

Error saving record when code is used to populate lookup field
Hello, In our business case, we do not use pricelists. To streamline entering quotes, I added the following code to the OnLoad event to automatically fill in the pricelist field with our one and only choice - None. When code is enabled, creating a new quote, the field does get filled in but when saving the quote an error occurs with the generic contact your administrator error message. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do to make this work successfully? var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM...

Pie chart labels move depending on PC used!
Hello, I have a spreadsheet which contains a number of pie charts with labels. I have moved most of the labels manually so they do not overlap. On screen they mostly appear ok and when I click 'save as' pdf they don't move to much (noting that there are some problems with the 'save as' functions). The problem is that when the same file is opened by a colleague, without making any changes, the labels have moved and now overlap. If I open the same file on my PC they are fine. Why does the latest version of Excel vary from PC to PC and is there a way to f...

error report comes up when I use ms office publisher 2003
Hi, I really need some help. I went to a seminar that was held here and I recieved a temporary copy of ms office publisher 2003. Well, I installed it on my pc and it worked fine. I recieved my copy of the full version of ms Office 2003. Now I did not remove the temporary version before I installed the full version. I am now getting "This program is not responding, you chose to end the nonrespovsive program". This is the error report that I have sent to MS, C:/docume~1/default/LOCALS~1/Temp/WER5.tmp.dir00/msPUB.EXE .. C:/docume~1/default/LOCALS~1/Temp/WER5.tmp.dir00/appcompa...

Using MSRP for price calculations
We have setup the Item Pricing Tab within RMS so Cost is the cost we pay. Profit Margin is what we want our P.M. to be. Price is the every day price we sell our items for based on P.M. & Cost. Pretty normal stuff, except as follows: We set MSRP to be the retail price of the item as provided to us by our suppliers. But when we go to create special pricing using MSRP, the Pricing Wizard does not support the MSRP field. The the problem becomes "how do you mark down from MSRP (Retail) for special sales and accordingly populate the Price A,B or C fields. I know you can put the MSRP...

Using XML file as Storage
My WinForms app store some kind of data in a structured way... don't need a database to store that, so I was thinking about store this in a XML file... I would like to know what's the best method to read/write XML files... In preview, I'm using DataSets and ReadXml/WriteXml methods... I don't know if it's the best way.... I know a lot of classes in the System.Xml Namespace, but I don't know wich of them fits on my needs (simply read/write sequential data)... Rafael Veronezi wrote: > My WinForms app store some kind of data in a structured way... don't need a &...

Report Customization useful Links
Hi, Could you please let me know about some good links where I can learn more about customizing / adding new reports in MS CRM? I am using V 1.2. Thanks, Jaison Did you install CRM Report Manager? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Could you please let me know about some good links where I can learn more >about customizing / adding new reports in MS CRM? I am using V 1.2. > >Thanks, >Jaison > > >. > beyond just adding them there is very little information on createing reports for CRM. Perhaps the best thing you can do is use crystal reports to op...