Periodically exporting worksheet to HTML

Subject: Periodically exporting worksheet to HTML

Hi,

I am new to Excel, and have the following question:

Is there a way to have Excel export the worksheet to HTML at an interval of X minutes. I have a sheet that keeps getting modified by certain calculation and auto-data input and I need to dump it every X minutes to a Web-accesible HTML file.

Thanks,

SupportX.

0
SupportX (26)
7/4/2005 1:50:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Supportx

You can use the Ontime method for this.  the code below will run the output
to HTML every one minute to a different file name. You can change the file
locations, etc to suit.  It can also have a latest time to run so it shuts
off automatically. If you add some more code to the Workbook_open event it
will start itself when the file is opened.

Dim iCnt As Integer

Sub TimeTrigger()
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:01:00"), "ExportToHTML"
End Sub

Sub ExportToHTML()
ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:="C:\File" & iCnt & ".htm", _
    FileFormat:=xlHtml
iCnt = iCnt + 1
TimeTrigger
End Sub

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"SupportX" <SupportX@SupportX.com> wrote in message
> Subject: Periodically exporting worksheet to HTML
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Excel, and have the following question:
>
> Is there a way to have Excel export the worksheet to HTML at an interval
> of X minutes. I have a sheet that keeps getting modified by certain
> calculation and auto-data input and I need to dump it every X minutes to a
> Web-accesible HTML file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SupportX.

Subject: Great!

Thank you very much.

0
SupportX (26)

pass to textbox on a form and to excel worksheet
I have a calendar on a user form, along with 2 textboxes. The code works thus far. The user must click in a textbox and click a date in the calendar. I want the dates to also go to excel worksheet. Now it will if I click on each textbox with the dates a second time. How can I get the dates to go without that second click. My code is below: (NOTE: This is code I got from the community site and revised for my needs) Option Explicit Dim LastTextBox As MSForms.TextBox Private Sub TextBox1_Enter() 'Gives focus to textbox on userform Set LastTextBox = Me.TextBox1 ...

How to disabel "Excel" export button in CRM
Hi All, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button that exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you Hi, in the following source file : inetpub\wwwroot\_grid\action.js locate the following function : function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId) comment the call to the printGrid function //printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true); and add the following statement : window.alert ("Export functionnalities has been denied to you."); hth, -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft France ----...

Worksheet Error .xls]
When I try to rename a worksheet, whatever name I type in, excel rename it with a prefix of .xls] For example if I name a sheet newyork i will rename the sheet .xls]newyork Then, if I try to change the name, to get rid of the prefix (.xls]) i gives me an error message saying I have too many characters in nam (over 31) or I'm using special characters in name (neither of which ar true??) Any suggestions on why this is happening and how I can correct thi problem? thanks, steve: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sbernste, To get a file name with no extension, there was...

Cannot Copy Some Worksheet Tabs
I have a fairly large spreadsheet with tabs for each month of the year. As this has developed over the past couple of years, the number of tabs has grown and I now cannot copy some of the tabs to the end as a template for next month's sheet. Older tabs seem to copy better than newer tabs and I have no hidden worksheets (per article on KnowledgeBase). Any ideas ? Hi, This implies that the workbook contains sheets with illegal code names. Probably the offending sheet is the copy of the copy of the copy of .... a sheet and the workbook has originaly been created in XL97. These ...

Cannot print HTML messages
When we try to print a HTML email message we get the following error message. Script Debugger ...

Max number of worksheets in a file
Is there a limit on the number of worksheets that can be contained in a single Excel file? I don't think there is a limit. But why would you want that many worksheets? It becomes unmanagable after X amount -- Bearacade ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35016 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558970 My wife is a bookkeeper in a small law firm and uses Excel for keeping track of trust fund activity... she has a separate ...

entering info into different worksheets
Hi I want to strip out a list of information in this case a phrase, all from the same worksheet and place them in a different worksheet by category. For example if the list is like this: current inflation rate current UK inflation rate sipps uk inflation rate uk interest rate predictions alternative energy gold prices newspaper articles price of silver share prices today uk interest rate forecast gold price buy gold uk stock market currency forecasts HOUSE PRICE PREDICTIONS HOUSE PRICE PREDICTION I would want to put all the terms that include gold into one worksheet and those with interes...

Unprotecting Worksheets in Shared Workbooks with Macros
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet which has many worksheets and macros. In general, the spreadsheet is protected. However, in the spreadsheet there are macros that unprotect worksheets do tasks then reprotect. I want to make it a shared workbook. However, there seems to be a problem with the protection which i something to do with the fact it is a shared workbook. Basically, i ge a message saying "unprotect method of worksheet class failed". What are the particulars of this and is there a way round it? Please help. DF -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at exc...

Export register data from Money Plus to Excel? Moneylink failed.
How can I export data from the transaction register in Money Plus to Excel 2007? I tried installing Ultrasoft Moneylink as an Add-in but it doesn't seem to launch at all - even if it did work, I understand that only reports data can be exchanged. I'd even be willing to scan a printout of the register if I knew how to print that first. Thanks Hi, I don't know a thing about Money Plus. That said, if the Ultrasoft Moneylink add-in is for Excel, then in Excel choose Office Button, Excel Options, Add-ins, and click the Go button at the bottom of the window. If you see yo...

WORKSHEET TABS, fill color/font color
how do I change the font color or fill color of a worksheet tab? Hi starting with Exce 2002 you can change the color by right-clicking on the tab and choosing 'color'. To change the font you have to change the Windows settings (AFAIK) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "worksheet tabs" <worksheettabs@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8FFEC18E-A834-485F-91E8-44A42F45D7E1@microsoft.com... > how do I change the font color or fill color of a worksheet tab? ...

Excel 2003
Hello, I have set up a template Excel 2003 workbook with a define print area. It is accessed by different PCs all running WinXP. On most PCs the workbook is printing as it should be, but on one it is wider than it ought to be, and it printing on 2 pages of A4, not one. I have checked the margins on the recalcitrant PC, and they are the same. Also, it is set to print on A4. Why would it be setting the columns as wider than they are? Regards, Charlotte Different drivers, different printer, different printing preferences. Charlotte Howard wrote: > Hello, > ...

How I can export MS Exchange Public folder to XML
Please help ...

Compare data, and if different, copy to another worksheet
I've been unable to find what I need by searching other posts, but I'm hopeful someone can help me. We have a simple worksheet for users to enter run time and downtime data for equipment on different production lines. The data is entered in cells A5:H5 and then there is code to move it to the data table (which is autofiltered) beginning in row 9 of the same sheet. The code to move the data entry works fine, but I need to add to it. The users would like to compare A9:D9 with A10:D10 and if different, copy and paste A9:H9 to A9:H9 in a different worksheet. Column C is a da...

Use DB for a limitated period of time
Hi All I would like to use the db to a certain person for a limited period of time, for example 30 days. After this time the database should be change status, (for example to ask a password) in order to avoid unauthorized use. is it possible to do this ? If yes how ? Let me know Diego -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Check what Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm for one approach. For what it's worth, many people feel that a time limit is a bad idea, and tha...

Export Notes
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook* Hi, What is the best way/format to export my OL Notes so that they are easily readable in other programs? (As a whole file I guess....) Thanks! stef <notvalid@nomail.nul> wrote: > What is the best way/format to export my OL Notes so that they are > easily readable in other programs? (As a whole file I guess....) File>Import and Export>Export to a file works for me. -- Brian Tillman select all, file, save as text. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Hel...

How can I automatically create a master list from 5 worksheets?
Hello, I have been posting frequently, so I apologize if this is redundant. I just thought of a simpler way to solve my problem and was looking for some help to get there. I was wondering if there is a way for excel to pull information from a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not want to filter it for criteria - I can do that with a macro once I have the master list together. What I have is 5 sheets that are not in the exact same format. They do all contain 7 fields of similar information which I would like to extract and put into a master list in a separate file. I would like this f...

Add current row to another Worksheet According to combobox value
Dear All, I want to add currently selected row to another Worksheet depends upon the value selected using a cmbobox in that Row. For example, Suppose i have an xls file with 3 Worksheets. The name of the 3 work sheets are "All" "New" & "Old". All the rows in the "All" named worksheet contains a combobox selection cell, and the values in the combo box are "New" & "Old". If I select "New" value from the combo box, then that row should be added to the "New" named Worksheet. If I select the "Old"...

OT: Boost regex to parse html style="color:xxx"
Hi, In my code I would like to isolate html style colours. So when the user enters something like <div style="color:#ff0000">xxx</div> I would get color=#ff0000 My code can already isolate style="color:#ff0000" But what would be a good regex to extract the value, (color = #ff0000)? Because the user could type something like: style="text-align:center;color:#ff0000;" or even style="text-align:center;background-color:#ff0000;color:#ff00ff;font-size:10px;" Any suggestions? Many thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi...

Re: Can I export Meeting attendees
Check "IMI Attendees Print" - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. Obtain informatio...

Is there a way to use the fiscal periods as actual months in Proje
Hi, I have defined the Fiscal Periods in PWA. I want to use the same periods in the task usage view in Project professional, so that we can the 4,4 and 5 distribution of weeks for the quarters per month in it. This way we can see the hours for each month looking like July -160 , august -160 September 200 and so on. Can this be done in Project professional? Thanking in advance! Arnie -- Bad news. No, in Microsoft Project 2007 you cannot duplicate the Financial Periods used in PWA. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts ...

Export 2003 .pst to 2002 format
I'm using Outlook 2002 on my desktop at home and have recently bought laptop with Outlook 2003. I exported the .pst from 2002 to use on m laptop, went away for 3 weeks with the laptop and now want to get tha .pst from 2003 ( with updates) back to 2002. Any suggestions as Outlook indicates that the 2003 format is no compatible with 2002. Cheer -- greg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gregg's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=63 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186943743 On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:03:47 -1000, gregg &...

Emailed HTML Links Sometimes Work, Sometimes don't
Am autogenerating email messages using .ASP. When the message I'm sending contains an http link, most of the user's receiving it can open it, but some cannot. The http address displays as part of the normal text. A good number of my users have no technical expertise -- cut and paste is foreign to them. Asking them to cut and paste these links into their browsers if they can't open the link would turn them off big time. Is there a way I can.... 1) Assure that the links will be active for anyone receiving them? 2) Auto-open the links so that the user doesn't have ...

How to transfer a worksheet into a new workbook and keep the formulas intact
I am attempting to build a routine for placing an existing worksheet into a new workbook. However, i want the formulas in the existing worksheet to be changed so that they reference the formulas in the new workbook in which I am placing the worksheet. Is there a best (i.e., most efficient) method for ensuring that all of the links in the worksheet can be changed to refer to the new workbook in which i am placing the worksheet. Will "Edit Links" somehow allow me to change references within a particular sheet so that alll of the formulas pull from that new workbook? Or do i need to ...

worksheet tabs #4
For whatever reason, my worksheet tabs are very small with teeny tiny fonts. It seems like you can adjust anything BUT these tabs. Does anyone know how to increase the size of these tabs. The worksheet tab font is linked to the size of the scroll bars. Go into Windows Control Panel Display Setting to change them. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mark T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ae601c4a0b2$e7ecdfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | For whatever reason, my worksheet tabs are very small with | teeny tiny fonts. It seems like you can adjust anything | BUT...

Excel Worksheets #3
Does anyone here know how to make a Excel Document display properly on a web page. When I try it, all I get is a little box, with a X in it. I would appreciate any help Richard I suspect the description you have given may be a little vague for an answer. Perhaps you may be able to elaborate on what you have done to save it as HTML and where it is saved to, etc -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Richard" <transtripper@cox.net> wrote in message news:2765801c46387$91865050$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does any...