Percents in Pivot Table

Hi.
I have a pivot table
Month	Billing Category	Count of Incoming Imei	Sum of Billing Amount
of Incoming Imei	% of Billing Amount
August	Bounce	3	$300	0.03%	0.04%
	MIN	1,027	$30,810	10.60%	4.40%
	TIER1	15	$595	0.15%	0.09%
	TIER2	163	$13,760	1.68%	1.97%
	TIER3	397	$49,980	4.10%	7.14%
	TIER4	2	$555	0.02%	0.08%
	TIER5	3	$400	0.03%	0.06%
August Total		1,610	$96,400	16.61%	13.78%
September	MIN	1,163	$34,890	12.00%	4.99%
	TIER1	22	$840	0.23%	0.12%
	TIER2	471	$40,545	4.86%	5.79%
	TIER3	674	$86,685	6.95%	12.39%
	TIER4	3	$1,290	0.03%	0.18%
	TIER5	4	$575	0.04%	0.08%
September Total		2,337	$164,825	24.12%	23.55%
October	RUR	713	$21,390	7.36%	3.06%
	TIER1	6	$250	0.06%	0.04%
	TIER2	554	$48,065	5.72%	6.87%
	TIER3	593	$76,340	6.12%	10.91%
October Total		1,866	$146,045	19.25%	20.87%

My problem is that it calculate percents from grand total.
How can I calculate percents from each month total

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

AFAIK, you can't calculate the percent of a subtotal. You could do the
calculation outside of the PivotTable.

yanf7 < wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a pivot table
> Month	Billing Category	Count of Incoming Imei	Sum of Billing Amount	%
> of Incoming Imei	% of Billing Amount
> August	Bounce	3	$300	0.03%	0.04%
> 	MIN	1,027	$30,810	10.60%	4.40%
> 	TIER1	15	$595	0.15%	0.09%
> 	TIER2	163	$13,760	1.68%	1.97%
> 	TIER3	397	$49,980	4.10%	7.14%
> 	TIER4	2	$555	0.02%	0.08%
> 	TIER5	3	$400	0.03%	0.06%
> August Total		1,610	$96,400	16.61%	13.78%
> September	MIN	1,163	$34,890	12.00%	4.99%
> 	TIER1	22	$840	0.23%	0.12%
> 	TIER2	471	$40,545	4.86%	5.79%
> 	TIER3	674	$86,685	6.95%	12.39%
> 	TIER4	3	$1,290	0.03%	0.18%
> 	TIER5	4	$575	0.04%	0.08%
> September Total		2,337	$164,825	24.12%	23.55%
> October	RUR	713	$21,390	7.36%	3.06%
> 	TIER1	6	$250	0.06%	0.04%
> 	TIER2	554	$48,065	5.72%	6.87%
> 	TIER3	593	$76,340	6.12%	10.91%
> October Total		1,866	$146,045	19.25%	20.87%
>
> My problem is that it calculate percents from grand total.
> How can I calculate percents from each month total?
>

> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Update one table from another

Pivot Tables : Restrict data displayed in pivot table
I have a data entry sheet in which date-specific entries are made. pivot table counts the number of entries occurring in each month. Th years and months are column fields, and all the years and month fro the data entry sheet are displayed. I would like the pivot table to only display the most recent tw months. Can you help me? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html using a dynamic range for pivot tables Frank > I have a data entry sheet in which date-specific entries are made. A > pivot table counts th...

Finding all queries which use a table

Pivot Table with Where clause?
Hi all. Hope you're having a great holiday! But back to business :). Let's say I have a worksheet with three columns: Employee, Assignment Name, and Complete (Y/N). There is a one-to-many relationship between Employee and Assignment Name. I understand how to make a Pivot table to show the total number of assignments for each employee, but how would I make a pivot table showing for each employee the number of assignments where Complete = Y? Thanks! Ken Add the Complete field to the Page area of the pivot table. From the dropdown, choose Y, and the pivot table will be filtered f...

copying excel graph & data table.
I have created a data table and a graph. I have copied this 50 times, in the spreadsheet. The copies of the graph refer to the original data table. I want the data series range to auto select from the cells of where I have copied too, without having to adjust every single graph. Please help. Many thanks. ...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

updating data in a pivot tables
I write new data to a sheet in a spreadsheet from Access that varies i size that is the source for a pivot table in the same spreadsheet. Whe I go to refresh the data in the pivot table I have this problem, sometimes all the new data won't show up or I'll get an error about an overlapping pivot table. Any ideas for a fix -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use a dynamic range name. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for this at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic And Chip Pearson's notes: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm "...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Basic Table Relationships
This is a basic question. I haven't been working in Access for over two years so my memory is a bit shot... I have three tables: Breaktotaltbl Lunchtotaltbl Dintotaltbl Each has information regarding that specific meal which is then calculated into four total values for each record. I would like those four values (b1, b2, b3, b4; l1, l2, l3, l4; d1, d2, d3, d4) to all be placed into a daily chart that includes b1+l1+d1; b2+l2+d2... etc. I have tried to make relationships however the main table (MainFoodtbl) does not update when I update the three individual tables. What should ...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Easy way to change Pivot table source files?
Is there an easy way in Excel 2007 to rename the location of pivot tables (something along the lines of what you can do within edit links). I have about a dozen files each containing about 10 pivot tables that reference a data file outside the workbook. When copying the whole folder structure so that I could use the same spreasheets with different data, the pivot reference still realtes to the old datafile. I thought the easiest way might be to open my workbook that has the pivot tables and at the same time the source datafile workbook and re-name the latter it to a differe...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...

Printing Pivot Tables
I have a form with a pivot table on it. I want to be able to print the pivot table and I can't figure out how to do this. I tried putting a print button on the form but it prints out the underlying data for the pivot table, not the pivot table with the selected data. I tried to create a pivot table in a report and was unable to do this as well. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Rob ...

need some guidance on normalizing a table
-- rpw Sorry, ignore this post. I had keyboard issues and the post got 'posted' before I wrote anything or changed sub-group. My question is posted in the 'General Questions" sub-group. -- rpw "rpw" wrote: > > -- > rpw ...

How can I change the entries in the Virtual Function table...
Hi All, I have a C++ class with some virtual functions without any data members. I want to change the address of the first entry in the Virtual table of that class with the address of a custom (normal) function. How can I achieve this. Awaiting your communication. With kind regards Sanjay Derive a new class and override that function. Onega "Sanjay" <sanjay.vishwakarma@assetlink.com> wrote in message news:OKlrIkXjDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I have a C++ class with some virtual functions without any data members. > I want ...

How to create chart from Pivot table but not Pivot chart?
I don't like pivot chart and try to make chart from pivot table. Thix excel chart must expand when the pivot table expand. I think may be need offset functions for x and y axis ? Any comment or idea are welcome Thks Daniel You can make a regular chart from a pivot table: select a blank cell that isn't touching the pivot table, start the chart wizard, and when you get to the Source Data dialog (step 2), click on the Series tab. One by one, add each series, then select the appropriate ranges for X and Y. This regular chart will not update automatically when the pivot table chan...

Temp Tables in FUTA/SUTA Reports
Hello: Since the FUTA and SUTA reports are built on temp tables, is it possible to modify them in Report Writer? The client would like to add the employees' department to the FUTA and SUTA monthly and quarterly reports. But, I cannot build the necessary relationships in Report Writer--it won't let me. This is probably because the reports are built on temp tables. Would Crystal have to be used? Thanks! childofthe1980s Nevermind! I figured it out! Sorry for the bother! "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Since the FUTA and SUTA reports are built on te...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...