Password Recovery Tool ? ? ?

Hi All

Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet
Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use,
would be greatly appreciated ! ! !

Thanks

Dodge

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dodge,

Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and
then run this subroutine.
It will "come"  back with teh message that an password is found.  Click OK
and the protection from the sheet will be removed.

Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet()
    'Author unknown
    'Breaks worksheet password protection.
    Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
    Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
    Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
    Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
    For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
    For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
    For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
        Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
        Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
    If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
        MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
            Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
            Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
         Exit Sub
    End If
    Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
    Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
End Sub

--
Regards,
Auk  Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"Dodge Brown" <dodge_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>

> Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet
> Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use,
> would be greatly appreciated ! ! !
>

> Thanks
>
> Dodge

DUDE!

This is one of the COOLEST  Things VBA Scripts I have Seen !

Love It SO MUCH Because Its Simple, Its Clever and IT WORKS ! ! ! !

AWESOME DUDE !!!!

Thanks Again !

Dodge

 ....Why Didnt i think of that ? . . . .

"A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dodge,
>
> Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and
> then run this subroutine.
> It will "come"  back with teh message that an password is found.  Click OK
> and the protection from the sheet will be removed.
>
> Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet()
>     'Author unknown
>     'Breaks worksheet password protection.
>     Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
>     Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
>     Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
>     Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
>     On Error Resume Next
>     For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
>     For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
>     For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
>     For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
>     ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
>         Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
>         Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
>     If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
>         MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
>             Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
>             Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
>          Exit Sub
>     End If
>     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
>     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> End Sub
>

> --
> Regards,
> Auk  Ales
>
> * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
>
> "Dodge Brown" <dodge_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >

> > Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet
> > Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use,
> > would be greatly appreciated ! ! !
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Dodge

Dodge,

Your welcome.

I can however only take credit for posting.
I found the routine myself somewhere (can't remember where) so I didn't
develop it myself.
I agree however that it is VERY usefull.

--

> DUDE!
>

> This is one of the COOLEST  Things VBA Scripts I have Seen !
>
> Love It SO MUCH Because Its Simple, Its Clever and IT WORKS ! ! ! !
>

> AWESOME DUDE !!!!
>

> Thanks Again !
>
> Dodge
>

>  ....Why Didnt i think of that ? . . . .
>

> "A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dodge,
> >
> > Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet
and
> > then run this subroutine.
> > It will "come"  back with teh message that an password is found.  Click
OK
> > and the protection from the sheet will be removed.
> >
> > Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet()
> >     'Author unknown
> >     'Breaks worksheet password protection.
> >     Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> >     Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> >     Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> >     Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> >     On Error Resume Next
> >     For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> >     For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> >     For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> >     For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> >     ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> >         Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> >         Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> >     If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> >         MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> >             Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> >             Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> >          Exit Sub
> >     End If
> >     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> >     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > End Sub
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Auk  Ales
> >
> > * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> > * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
> >
> > "Dodge Brown" <dodge_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All
> > >

> > > Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet
> > > Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to
use,
> > > would be greatly appreciated ! ! !
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Dodge

An updated version by Norman Harker can be found here:

   http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

In article <bv99f4$76f$1@reader11.wxs.nl>,
 "A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can however only take credit for posting.
> I found the routine myself somewhere (can't remember where) so I didn't
> develop it myself.
> I agree however that it is VERY usefull.
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)
1/28/2004 10:01:07 PM
Thanks Once More !

Development aside, Thanks for Your time & Effort to Post! I've come across
this before, and to be pointed in the right direction is Great! But to be
given the code is Even Better ! ! ! Only hope I can contribute as meaningful
and Directional Information to the group !!!!

Cheers

Dodge

> Dodge,
>
> Your welcome.
>
> I can however only take credit for posting.
> I found the routine myself somewhere (can't remember where) so I didn't
> develop it myself.
> I agree however that it is VERY usefull.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Auk  Ales
>
> * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
>
> "Dodge Brown" <dodge_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > DUDE!
> >

> > This is one of the COOLEST  Things VBA Scripts I have Seen !
> >
> > Love It SO MUCH Because Its Simple, Its Clever and IT WORKS ! ! ! !
> >

> > AWESOME DUDE !!!!
> >

> > Thanks Again !
> >
> > Dodge
> >

> >  ....Why Didnt i think of that ? . . . .
> >

> > "A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Dodge,
> > >
> > > Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet
> and
> > > then run this subroutine.
> > > It will "come"  back with teh message that an password is found.
Click
> OK
> > > and the protection from the sheet will be removed.
> > >
> > > Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet()
> > >     'Author unknown
> > >     'Breaks worksheet password protection.
> > >     Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> > >     Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> > >     Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> > >     Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> > >     On Error Resume Next
> > >     For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> > >     For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> > >     For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> > >     For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> > >     ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> > >         Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> > >         Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > >     If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> > >         MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> > >             Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> > >             Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > >          Exit Sub
> > >     End If
> > >     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > >     Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Auk  Ales
> > >
> > > * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> > > * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
> > >
> > > "Dodge Brown" <dodge_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> use,

Hi JE and All.

You failed to take credit for all the work that you put into removing
my crimes against efficient programming.

"Our" version is sweeter in that it circumvents any number of
different passwords from different sheets as well as the workbook
windows / structure password. In essence though all we did was loop
the basic algorithm.

I sit to be corrected, but I think that the original author is Bob
McCormick. We've been giving him credit for this for some time now and
with no-one else stepping forwards, I think it is probably correct.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)
1/29/2004 3:33:25 AM
Hi Norman

 " "Our" version is sweeter in that it circumvents any number of
different passwords from different sheets as well as the workbook
windows / structure password. In essence though all we did was loop
the basic algorithm."

Just like in the spreadsheet I sent you previously.

Regards

Ken Macksey

0
KenMacksey (98)

Passwording a linked spreadsheet
Hi All, I've been asked to create a series of spreadsheets that link into one master spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet will have a summary column where the users will input what they want to see on the master spreadsheet. The master spreadsheet will then only show that field. However I want users to have access to the master spreadsheet but only selected personnel can have access to all of the seperate spreadsheets. I would like to password each of these files with a different password. Only problem is that when your in the master spreadsheet and you update the links, it asks for the pas...

Small Business Tools Database
Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop computer and I have installed Office 2000. After entering my contact information I went to create a database in Small Business Customer Manager. When the wizard goes to download my contacts I get a message that says "A general failure occured. Close customer manager and try again. Import cannot complete." It does this everytime I try to create a database. This is frustrating because it worked just fine on my previous desktop. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix this error? I've tried uninstalling ...

change tool bar button image
I created a macro command. Then I want to add a button on the tool bar to run the macro. When I added the button to the tool bar there was only a smiley face button available. How do I change the button image to something else that is appropriate to the function of the macro? Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog showing) Rightclick on your icon Select change button image and choose the one you want. "cogon_grass@yahoo.com" wrote: > > I created a macro command. Then I want to add a button on the tool bar > to run the macro. When I added the button to the tool bar th...

O2K Workgroup
My installation is Corporate or Workgroup and on this page, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248830, it has this blurb: "The Internet Mail Only installation option (IMO) of Outlook, unlike the Corporate or Workgroup option, does not have the Out of Office Assistant to automatically reply to messages when you are away from your computer." So my "Corporate or Workgroup" should have this option under Tools, but it doesn't. As per normal went hunting to see what I could find to resolve this. Here, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238280/en-us, it says: "1. On the...

Money 2003 Password Sign-In
Hi: When I click on Money 2003 shortcut I get a Welcome Password Sign-in. I have a Microsoft .Net Password that I use to sign in MSN Explorer and also Hotmail, but for some reason Money 2003 will not accept this password where I can continue to open this application. It does not ask for a User Name, but only a password. Any suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks, ColTom In microsoft.public.money, ColTom2 wrote: >Hi: > > When I click on Money 2003 shortcut I get a Welcome Password Sign-in. I >have a Microsoft .Net Password that I use to sign in...

Password Change Option on OWA 2003.
I have followed the instructions that are included in the link : http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.htm l When I click on the Change Password Icon: The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------- Please try the following: If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. Open the web.care.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Cl...

Password Protection
Is it possible to password protect folders in Microsoft Outlook 2000? I have several folders and want to password protect a "personal folder" so it can't be opened unless a password is entered. Right click on folder, go to properties, advanced, change password. But if you forget it, I have no idea how to recover the folder. Renae <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fa01c39800$87698f90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to password protect folders in Microsoft > Outlook 2000? I have several folders and want to password > protect ...

How to change password of CRM user accounts
Got a small issue with a CRM 3.0 SBE install on SBS2K3 PE that may be an easy one for you. During a recent security audit, I changed the passwords for CRMMail and CRMRouter users (via ADUC) to new, complex ones. Since I changed the passwords, any replies from customers, to emails sent from CRM (with the tagged subject line), do not automatically get populated into CRM ( have to manually click the 'Track in CRM' button when the email comes into an Inbox in Outlook to get it added to the history). I guess I need to tell CRM these password have changed? Do you know where I would d...

DPM 2007 Administrator Console
Hi all, I've a problem with DPM 2007 updated to the last cumulative update (KB976542), when I need to restore something using the Recovery section in DPM 2007 Administrator Console, the Console always crash. On DPMUI0Curr.errlog there are these exceptions: 1C24 2130 11/18 10:37:18.259 39 PageController.cs(1366) NON UI Thread Exception 1C24 19C4 11/18 10:37:18.259 39 PageController.cs(1366) NON UI Thread Exception 1C24 19C4 11/18 10:37:18.259 39 PageController.cs(1404) Event Manager Exception: Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Utils.DlsException 1C24 2130 11...

Password protection #8
If you forget your password is there anyway to pull up an Excel file??? Can't even pull it up as "read-only". Hi search google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jay wrote: > If you forget your password is there anyway to pull up an > Excel file??? Can't even pull it up as "read-only". ...

Junk Email Reporting Tool
Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with Outlook 2003... Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! Hmmm. ....Mike It doesn't really do that much anyway. You can uninstall it in Add/remove programs in Control Panel. I think you can disable it in Tools, options, Other, Advanced, addin mgr. "Mike Lyons" wrote: > Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with > Outlook 2003... > > Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! > Hmmm. > > ....Mike > ...

Tool exchdump.exe
Hello, can somebody tell me where I can find the tool "exchdump.exe"? Thanks Veronika This is not publicily available for download yet. This will be availabe soon in the http://download.microsoft.com Meanwhile, you can call Microsoft Product Support Services and request for this tool. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights." "Veronika" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

outlook express password #7
HELP PLEASE Everytime i open outlook express to send or recieve mail i am asked for username and password to log on. I put in my usual details, and the box keeps reapearing. I cannot send or receive anything. How do i turn this off. Thank you. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Spreadsheet Auditing Tools
Hi, I work with large spreadsheets and was recently referred to a free tool called bpmTraverse from www.bpmglobal.com. I found this tool to be very useful and was wondering if there are any other free audit tools that could be recommended. Regards, Jason Moult Here is the link to my Formula Map VBA code that lists the precedents/dependents for formulas. http://tinyurl.com/yedjlw It treats protected worksheets a little differently than bpmT. <g> -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware <Jason.Moult@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, I w...

Password protection #4
Can we protect Outlook Express with a password so visitors to our home can't access our email if they use our computer? You can password protect the identies by File-> Identities-> Manage Identities Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD sl...

admin tools
I like to create users from my local computer, but when I do I don't have the exchange tabs. Is there something I can install on my local computer to give me those tabs? Install Exchange System Manager. It will install the necessary dll's... "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23qRyhib%23FHA.3060@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I like to create users from my local computer, but when I do I don't have >the exchange tabs. Is there something I can install on my local computer to >give me those tabs? > yes......

User Passwords
As we all know when a userid is created we have to give the user a password, I am probably looking in the wrong area, but where can I put a number of days for the password to expire, and can the user change their own password? What version of GP are you using? "rcr" wrote: > As we all know when a userid is created we have to give the user a password, > I am probably looking in the wrong area, but where can I put a number of days > for the password to expire, and can the user change their own password? 8.0 "jav" wrote: > What version of GP are you using...

Restore Money 2005 File Password incorrect
We just got a new computer and i just reloaded Money 2005 and trying to restore the backup and it wants a password. Only I know that there was never a password on it but i have tried all that it could be is there a way to open the file bypassing the password? Thanks On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:16:01 -0800, Stacie <Stacie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just got a new computer and i just reloaded Money 2005 and trying to >restore the backup and it wants a password. Only I know that there was never >a password on it but i have tried all that it could be is there a...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

Exchange Reporting Tools
We have run into a problem with the Exchange Mailbox Management tool. We have not been able to get it to generate the reports needed. I have found some Exchange Admin tools and was wondering if anyone can recommend some admin tools for Exchange 2003. Also does anyone know how to get the Mailbox Manager to generate the reports? I have set it up to run at Midnight and selected it to run only the reports and setup that policy for it to follow. Do I need to do anything else? Thanks, Jeff Diaz Jeff <jdiaz@p1fs.com> ha scritto nel messaggio 2pVZe.104387$xl6.5002@tornado.tampabay...

Password #30
Been using Money 6 for a while, need to take computer in for some work and would like to make Money start with a password, can I set the program up to do this? Thanks........ Haven't seen Money 6 for a loooong time, but the usual place for a password set/unset is in the File menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Tim Smith" <smitty064@comcast.net> wrote in message news:6N-dnfWzfqN8yWPbnZ2dn...

Money Password #7
Im using Money 2001 and trying to restore backup to one account. All of a sudden it is asking for a password to enter that account, which I never assigned a password. Is there a way of removing password or do I have to set up a new account. Thanks.......Robert In microsoft.public.money, Robert C. Noelle wrote: >Im using Money 2001 and trying to restore backup to one account. All of a >sudden it is asking for a password to enter that account, which I never >assigned a password. Is there a way of removing password or do I have to set >up a new account. Money is not backwa...

Change unit on Measure Tool
I'm working on a Site Plan in Visio 2003 - I simply want to change the Units from Inches to Feet & Inches on the Measure tool under the Drawing Tool Shapes - tried every menu I can to change this. Is it even possible and where is it hidden? Tatyana It's not easy, but it can be done by changing the shape. Do the changes on a copy of the tape measure. 1) Start with a clean page. 2) From the View menu, select the Drawing Explorer Window (DEW). 3) Drag a copy of the tape measure to the page. 4) There should be a + next to the Masters folder in the DEW. Click it to expose the mas...

Material Requirement Planning Tool
Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requiremen Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that can use. Thank you in advance. Fr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fra - > Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requirement Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that I can use. Thank you in advance. < Have you tried typing "MRP Excel" into google? If so, have you looked at the first hit: http://www.production-scheduling.com/MRP.asp - Mike Thanks for the reply. but the goo...

Visual studio tools for version 9.0
Hi All, We are an ISV developing a custom great plains application for a client. We want to open a Great Plains window from Visual Studio .Net but we received an error that it was not a registered module. We would like to open the Vendor Maintenance window from a visual studio .Net application so they can use it from there but it says the module is not registered. I thought it was free for ISV developers but I am not quite certain now. Could anyone please shed some light on this? Thanks so much! Andi, The error isn't that the VSTools isn't registered, the error is that Payables...