password protect vba code

is it possible to password protect vba code?
if so how can it be done?

0
greg4709 (89)
12/8/2004 3:53:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

right mouse click on your workbook name in the VBE window .. choose
VBAProjectProperties, and choose the Protection tab - you can set the
password in there.

But remember - passwords only keep honest people out :)

Cheers
JulieD

"greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to password protect vba code?
> if so how can it be done?

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/8/2004 3:54:47 PM
Umm yes and no

From the menu bar in the Visual Basic Editor:
Tools/VBAProject Properties/Protection Tab

BUT:
Very easy to crack the password.

Only secure way around that is using compiled add-ins, I believe, but that
is outside of my experience.

"greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to password protect vba code?
> if so how can it be done?

0
mind-the-gap (250)
12/8/2004 3:59:35 PM
"greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to password protect vba code?
> if so how can it be done?

0
greg4709 (89)
12/8/2004 4:03:16 PM
If somebody is still interested in this try
www.eliansoft.com/vba_protect.html
Cool

--
mikem204
mikem2042's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m26

Using cell value in VBA sub
I'm using the following sub Sub FindRow() Dim rngFound As Range Set rngFound = Range("A:A").Cells.Find(What:="test", _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlPart, _ MatchCase:=False) If rngFound Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Sorry ""test"" was not found" Else rngFound.EntireRow.Select End If End Sub My problem is that if I excange Test with a1 - wanting to look the value in cell a1 I always get the first blank a-cel...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

VBA code not working on other PC
I am using Excel 2003 and I have been using the VBA code below on my computer for a long time and find it extremely useful and which has never result in an error. A colleague asked if he could also have in on his computer and so I copied it over. The strange thing is it doesn't seem to work on his computer and I not sure why. I stops on the line 'Dim Result As New DataObject' that I have higlighted with the *********. and a dialogue box appears saying: Compile Error: User defined type not defined. Does anyone know the answer why it works on my PC and not on his? I...

Error Code 0x80072EFF
I had some problems wit Trojan.Gadja.Injected that ruined the file Userinit.exe. I ran sfc /Scannow and then MalwareBytes and everything dissapeared. But I still can't access the Windows Update site, neither through the Icon in Windows or through the Microsoft Webpage. Everything that has Windows update int the address-feild opf IE8 ends up on a page where it sais it can't be shown. I notice that ther is a warning down to the left in IE8. Error on page. Soem Java script error perhaps. The Windows Defender gives me the same erroro code when I try to update the files. ...

Outlook XP Std Keeps prompting for a password
I have a remote user whos home computer is not on our domain. They connect to the domain through a vpn tunnel. I just changed their domain password, now whenever they try to use Outlook from their home computer they get prompted with a username, password, and domain box. But no matter what I put in there it wont connect. I tried creating a new profile and I can connect but it continually prompts me for credentials. I can browse shares and connect to everything else on the domain with their computer. I am at a loss and really need this resolved please. I have read and done the following links: ...

Unlock VBA Project
I have VBA project written quite sometime ago which I now need to edit it. I still remember the password, but I can't unlock it. I got a "Project Unviewable" message. Would anyone like to help as to how to unlock it and preventing this happening again? Many thanks. Maybe you try to unlock it in older Excel version that you create the password. For example if you create password in 2000, you can't unlock in 97 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "zhj23" <zhj23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88BE1AE-F684-4644-8597-33F1254...

debug assertion when calling CAsyncSocket Create in native code from external managed C++/CLI wrapper
I found a thread here that describes my exact problem and a solution, but I still cannot get it working. This is the thread: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc/b... I have an unmanaged C++ shared mfc extension dll, and I have created a managed shared mfc C++/CLI wrapper to be able to access it's functions through a C# application. Within the unamanged dll is a call to CAsynSocket Create, and when I invoke this call through my C# app -> C++ wrapper -> C++ dll, I get a debug assertion that shows at the top of the call stack AfxGetInstanceHandle. ...

How do I assign security and protection to an Excel 2000 workbook.
I'm stumped - I am working in Excel 2000 - which does not have a Secuirty Tab in the Options dialog box. How do I assign security and protection to a workbook in Excel 2000? Hi Those functions are found in the File > SaveAs menu. See Dick's page http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/10/password_protec.html HTH. Best wishes Harald "Patsy" <Patsy@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:986CC9D5-4E99-4F99-BB12-D7BB31DFF5C7@microsoft.com... > I'm stumped - I am working in Excel 2000 - which does not have a Secuirty Tab > in the Options dialog box....

VBA with Modifier or Dexterity with Modifier
I had to modify a few forms in the HR dictionary as i have to add/remove a few fields, so i am using modifier with vba to save/retrive/delete data for my fields. I had added a local field to the window with modifier and saving/retriving its value with VBA, now upon value returning from lookup or navigating through records each time i am being prompt to save record message box even though,i havent touched any field, i had put my VBA code on ID field's Changed event. Also i lose data and ID if i put delete code on Delete_AfterUserChanged event so i had to put it on the Delete_Before...

Multiform coding problem
I believe that I'm close but can't seem to get it right. What I want to do is to control the visibility of ComboBox's and Labels on Multiforms. Am I close? cmbEDU is the name of the first ComboBox on the Multiform. I'm not sure if I need to note that this code is not on the Multiform itself. Private Sub cmbProdSeries_Change() cmbProduct.RowSource = "" cmbProduct.Text = "" Select Case cmbProdSeries.Text Case Is = "Experience Life" cmbProduct.RowSource = "inpELProducts" lbl...

Hide Macros with password.
Have written many macros and wish to protect them from prying eyes with password. Any way??? Thanks. Richard, In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties, then the Protection tab. There, check the "Lock Project For Viewing" check box and enter a password. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174d701c418b7$36e90860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Have written many macros and wish to protect them from > p...

How do I remove the outline protection in Excel sheet?
When I use the sheet protection feature of Excel, I can not unprotect the outlining feature of the spreadsheet. I would like to protect some cells in the spreadsheet, but not disable the outlining expanding and collapsing feature. I am not asking to edit the outline. I just want to use the outlining features as a means to navigate large sheets. Currently, I have to unprotect the sheet in order to expand or collapse the outline. Is there a way to view a protected sheet with the outlining features enables? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code...

Need Help with Coding a ComboBox in Excel/VBa......
Hi all, Perhaps someone can help me.......... I have the following code written in VBA. Private Sub SupervisorComboBox_Change() Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C1") = SupervisorComboBox.Value I have a ComboBox that lists ten supervisors. When the user chooses a supervisor from the ComboBox drop down list the name gets stored on the second Sheet, in cell, "C1". Now then.......there is a second ComboBox underneath this first one This ComboBox lists each employee that works under the chose supervisor. The employee's name gets stored in cell, "D1" My que...

Passwords not retained
I am running Outlook 2002 & Windows XP. I just had to reinstall my software & now my passwords cannot be retained in Outlook. I am prompted each time & they work fine, but they will not be retained even with the save password checked. I have tried the fix to delete users under the Protected .... user key in the registry, but there are no users listed. Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Allow reminder of password expiracy using OWA
Does anyone know how to allow the pop-up to tell a user that their password will expire in xx amount of days to display when logging into OWA with Exchange 2003? Just to clarify, I am not talking about enabling the change password button under options AFTER they are logged in. This has been a very frustrating problem, any help is MUCH APPRECIATED! -- sarah While http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 I think is more related to showing or not showing the change password button, I think that http://www.mcse.ms/archive74-2005-5-1635986.html Offers up a good idea o...

How can I merge unprotected cells in a protected worksheet?
I have a protected worksheet that allows users to edit unprotected cells. Each cells can be formatted but not merge. You cannot merge cells on a protected worksheet even if the cells are unlocked. Count yourself fortunate. Now you won't have those merged cells which cause no end of problems. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:56:01 -0700, cnaval <cnaval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a protected worksheet that allows users to edit unprotected cells. >Each cells can be formatted but not merge. ...

Password #8
I Imported information from Money 2000 to Money 2003 but when I tried to take the info from 2003 and update my records in Money 2000 it asked for a password. I never had a password, does any one know how to correct this Money files are NOT backward compatible. This dumb message is just Money's indirect way of trying to tell you this. "Russell" <russellskinner@msn.com> wrote in message news:053001c3c26a$e61f2ab0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I Imported information from Money 2000 to Money 2003 but > when I tried to take the info from 2003 and update my > records in Mon...

Protecting macros #2
I need to password protect macros attached to a workbook - not the same as protecting the sheets. All help gratefully received. TIA, Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties, then the Protection tab. Check the Lock Project For Viewing option and enter a password. Note that the password protection is not very secure. There are a variety of programs on the net that can break the password in a matter of seconds. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.c...

Chart PageSetup Size Speed VBA
Hi folks, I am completing an Excel VBA project that creates custom chart sizes from a Library of existing pre-formatted charts by using the Move or Copy Sheet method from the Library file to the current "datafile" (two separate files. No problems so far. I am sizing for PPT and various sizes for Word. Two word sizes require me to reset the Margins to make the page big enough for me to fit a ChartArea on it at the correct size (measured in Points that are translated from Inches). This all works but the following function for re-sizing slows me down in the following code Public F...

protect embeded object
Hello, I have a worksheet with an embedded Project file. is it possible to protect the worksheet to not allow users to delete the embedded file, but to allow them to edit the embedded file? thanks Hi don't think this is possible. Maybe create a macro which first unprotects and then opens your object -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "greg" <greg@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:O4dM07i3EHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a worksheet with an embedded Project file. > is it possible to protect the worksheet to not allow users to del...

Your password cannot contain Alphabetic characters
I am using Microsoft Money 2002 and my bank has just upgraded their online banking system. (Desert Schools Federal Credit Union) The password for the bank use to be four-digit numeric and I used this for years in money and the bank web site with no problems. Now my bank requires a password that contains at least one alphabetic character to access my account. I have changed it on the bank web site and it works fine. When I try to change the password in Microsoft money I get “Your password cannot contain Alphabetic characters” I am not using a character like $ or @ in the new password fo...

product code
I had to reformat my hard drive, I tried to install Offic Professional 2003 and it ask for the product code. I entered it and office installed, the first time I went to Word it ask for the product code again, when I entered it it says it is invalid. Is there a different product code. this newsgroup answers questions about building form objects in MS Access relational database software. suggest you repost your question to a more appropriate newsgroup, perhaps Office2003 or Word. hth "lmakm" <lmakm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B3B4AF-B0B1-4FA0-9E54-7...

Name references and VBA
Hi all, Second time I posted this, but could not find my first post anywhere! Sorry if the other post made it to somewhere I can't find. Is there any way to make VBA automatically recognize the name of a cell and use it as a variable? So, for example, I name my cell "clientFirstName". I would like to use this as a variable in VBA w/o needing to have "Dim clientFirstName as String". Even if it just defines all the cell names as Variants would be fine. Or is dimensioning a variable the same name as the name reference the best way to do it? I have a lot of static v...

Correcting customer address codes or shipping addresses
My client is on Dynamics GP v9 and has been using Dynamics since 2001. It's been 7.5 years since they started using this software program. During this time, they have had several different people create customer cards etc and there are now several duplicate addresses for the same customer (same account ID but just identical addresses with a different address code for that customer). They are wanting to clean up this database. They are preparing to use the modifyer and combiner to combine customers that have two different account numbers but what is the BEST WAY to remove the dup...

Excel password mechanism failure
I have a 2 PC Home/Biz network. The older PC runs Win XP and the new PC runs Win 7. I have a password protected Excel 2007 document on both systems. (I copied the file from the XP system to the WIN 7 system in January when I installed the WIN 7 system.) I open the file 3-4 times a month on the WIN 7 system. Today I cannot access the WIN 7 stored file using the WIN 7 PC or the XP stored file using the XP PC. On both systems Excel informs me that my password is incorrect . Simply not possible. I wrote the password down and have been regularly using it since Jan 2010. The only thin...