partially turning off auto calculate?

Any way to NOT auto caluculate 1 particular formula, while leaving the
rest of excel to auto calculate? In particular, I have an SQL query I
would prefer to run manually, while not interferring with the rest of
my workbook(s)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Calculation is an all or nothing setting. You can't prevent calculation of
specific ranges.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dnickelson" <dnickelson.w98i0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Any way to NOT auto caluculate 1 particular formula, while leaving the
> rest of excel to auto calculate? In particular, I have an SQL query I
> would prefer to run manually, while not interferring with the rest of
> my workbook(s)

chip1 (1821)

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

Excel stopped Calculations???
I'm running Excel 2000 build 9.0.272 I was working on my spreadsheet, all of a sudden it appeared to crash. So i rebooted my machine. When I did so, it stopped making calculations. :( Very strange (an very bad). I can't get it to do _any_ calculations, either n th spreadsheet I was working on or any other spreadsheet. I can't figure out how to make it re-calculate the formulas again. Everything is intact, my formulas, values, etc... thank you for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From the menu at the top, select: Tools Options Click on tab marked...

calculating using 3 worksheets in a file
I have and Excel file which 3 work sheets, in the first work sheet, have the data in a range of cells, in the second work sheet i hav another set of data in the same range of cells as that was in the firs work sheet. I would like to add or multiply the value in the frist shee with value in the second sheet using the same set of ranges, the outpu of this calculations, i would like to display in the third sheet in th same cell ranges as worksheet1 and worksheet2. Please let me know how i could do this. MARK112 -- mark112 ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

how to calculate seconds elapsed between two moments?
I need the number of seconds between two moments. A1: 14:10:00 A2: 14:15:00 Difference is 5 minutes = 300 seconds. What formula(/cell format) do I need to use to get the number 300 in the result cell? When I use the formula A2-A1 I get a 00:05:00 (in time format) 0.003472222 (in General format) When I use Second(a2-a1) I get 0 how to get 300 ?? Wim Custom format the cell containing the formula to: [ss] The square brackets prevent the seconds from rolling over to minutes and / or hours when they're greater then 60. -- HTH, RD =====================================================...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Auto Format
Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-28-09
I am THRYING and TRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) ...

Partial Text Match then enter desired result into appropriate colu
I have a list of company names in Column A. On a separate tab I have a list of keywords. What I'd like to do is to have a search done on the names in column A and if any of the keywords on the separate tab match for it to then put in the company type into column B. Example of a company name in column A: Get Things Done Construction Company Keyword on separate tab: "construction: Need the formula to return "construction" to Column B. Thanks in Advance for any insight on this one! Look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MV...

Date and time calculations
Hello, I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of hours to a date/time value. Please find below an example of what I am trying to do. Value A1: 15/03/2005 22:00 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) Value A2: 5 (hours) In cel A3 I would like to get the value of A1+A2 (result 16/03/2005 03:00) Can someone suggest what formula I must use? Thanx very much! Robert =a1+(a2/24) Format the way you like. (5 hours is 5/24ths of a day.) Robert wrote: > > Hello, > > I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of > hours to a date/time value. >...

How to Auto duplicate cell contents?
Suppose if I type 'ABC' in 'A3' & 'DEF' in 'C4' on worksheet1 cells an I wish them to automatically show in certain cells in other worksheet (and also may be other workbooks. I tried to enter =Sheet2!D19 in sheet1 A1 cell. It works fine if had contents in sheet2 d19. But if I changed the contents in Sheet2 D19 The content in sheet1 A1 doesn't change to new content. It still show the old content! It also only show me '0' if I enter the formula befor I type in any content. And it also just remain '0' even after I entere text in sh...

CRM should allow auto numbering of the products
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c8e0ba6-f37a-4fc1-84fd-ff5b578e2c76&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

how to create a calculated field from another calculated field?
In a pivot table report I would like to add a calculated field that is like the following: = count( columnA ) / count ( columnB) But when I create a calculated field like the above, all I get is a value of 1 in every row of the pivot table. I realize after some experiments, its really performing = count( sum ( columnA ) ) / count( sum ( columnB ) ) So , how do I get what I want? ...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

how to turn off preview in explorer
OS: vista 64 with latest patches GS, A simple google search with your subject yielded this address: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html Hope it solves your question. Carlos "GS" wrote: > OS: vista 64 with latest patches > > > . > thx, the link could have been useful however I found the turn of preview pane icon in the tool bar. I don't want the classic view as a side note the folder option->view tab did not help me "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

auto populating comma seperated data in one cell to multiple cells
I want to be able to copy a csv file into a single cell in an excel spreadsheet. I then want to apply a formula to various cells which result those cells being automatically populated with relevant data from the csv file when I paste it. The formula needs to take into account that the relevant field in the csv file could be empty or could have 1+ chars. The reason I want to do this is that in the future when I run data extracts, I can check the contents of the csv file by pasting it into a spreadsheet I have set up with all the database tables and column names in it. I hope this makes sense...

countif, but only using partial cell contents in the reference array #5
thanks for your help max - indeed there are blank cells in the range. the work around will do, but as always, i like stuff to be clean - les chance of screwing things up again, much thanks, jare -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27105 You're welcome ! Thanks for the feedback Track your post awhile for possible insights from others .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread x...

auto-fill Contacts
Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word document, etc.? Bernie Unclear post. Clarify what you want to do and in what format the information currently exists. Look At File > Import and Export to see what file types can be imported. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "baltobernie" <bernie@pennstar54.com> wrote in message news:ARh4e.3622$%b1.630@trnddc08... > Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New > Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word documen...

calculate dates in Excel 2000
I have a spreadsheet with two date columns, a holiday start date and a holiday finish date. I need to calculate the amount of holidays taken but if I subtract one from the other, I get the wrong answer. Eg 01/01/05 and 10/01/05, would be 10 days taken, however the formula returns only 9. Any ideas please. -- Trainer Look at the NETWORKDAYS() function: will that do it for you? Your Jan 1 through Jan 10 example includes two weekends, so NETWORKDAYS will not be your best choice if you count weekend days as holidays. If you say "I'll be on holiday from the 7th through the 10th&...

Partial match for query criteria
Hello, I am trying to create a query that will deliver results based on matching only a part of the text in a table field. For example, if I have a table that contains the names, address and phone numbers of 10,000 businesses but I only want my query to show me businesses that have the word "National" in their name, how would I do that? I'm not sure how to set up the criteria. Thanks for your help! Use the Like operator with wildcards. In the 'criteria' row of the business name column in query design view enter: Like "*National*" Or you can use a ...

APPOINTMENT AUTO COMPLETE
Hi, Does anyone know of a way to stop MS CRM from automatically completing appointments? When I get back in the office having attended an appointment I want to be able to add necessary comments and close the appointment manually. At the moment I come back into the office and my appointments are already in my closed activities list! Thanks in advance Lee is this a clue? Microsoft SQL Server has a database maintenance task that automatically closes past appointments at a scheduled time each day. The default time is 12am. MORE INFORMATION Appointments that have a scheduled end date in the ...

I need a loan calculator that you can plug in the payment amount
does anyone have one? Go to MS Office site and download an excel template -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "payment amount loan calculator" <payment amount loan calculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E40C9B-3F8E-4D54-9AB8-414BBB971E61@microsoft.com... > does anyone have one? I can't find a template that you can plug the payment amount as a fixed amount and then ihave it calculate the number of payments or the interest rate...Have you seen one of those? Ann "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Go to MS Office site and download an excel template...

Auto-wrap titles on horizontal axis??
I have 27 identically sized charts that I created in Excel 2007. All but 2 of them auto-wrapped the x-axis titles correctly. On the two bad charts the titles overrun each other. How the heck can I get these 2 misfits to conform? I can't find the setting on the Format Axis options and the Wrap Text button (under Home Alignment) is grayed out. As far as I can see, there is no difference in any chart settings between the good charts and the bad one. Nevermind...I fixed it myself. Weird. It's just seems to be a sizing issue. I may need to enlarge the rest of the charts or play aro...

Auto-updating list?
I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. On one tab: Group 1 Option A Option B Option C Group 2 Option D Option E I have the conditional formatting set up to grey those options out when an option is taken. This is contingent on a drop-down box next to each option. What I also want to do is, preferably on a seperate tab, have all of the options in a master list, that will update itself based on the drop-down boxes. For example: Option B Option D Option A Option C Option E Then, Option A is selected on the ...

Outlook 2003
I have a curious problem. I have turned off read receipts/delivery receipts to be sent to people who send email to me with the "Never send a response" option selected. However several people have communicated to me that they received "Not Read" Read Receipts for the emails that they sent to me. I would appreciate any help on permanently turning off the "read receipts/delivery receipts sending" option. Best Wishes Steel You can't block read receipts from other Exchange mailboxes - only from the Internet, AFAIK. Check out www.grinningshark.com - I t...

Why does the word typed "true" automatically turn to ALL CAPS?
Why does the word typed "true" automatically turn to ALL CAPS? Also why does a foder named "con" cannot be created in Office? Because it is interpreted as being part of a TRUE/FALSE test as opposed to simply a piece of text. As for the folder, I'm guessing it is simply a special/reserved name for a hidden Windoiws folder, or something like that. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) "sunil" ...