The data that we dump out of one machine comes in like below.
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	InputRange	VDC1to5
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	Custom_Range_Low	0.0
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	Custom_Range_Hi	0.0
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	MinScale	0.0
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	MaxScale	20.0
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	EngUnits	mhos
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	StepResponseTime	1.0
%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	DigFiltTimeCnst	0.016

And I need to convert this data to this format below,  essentially
take the data and make it across columns instead of rows.

%AT_1300	 Bottoms|Conductivity| (Water Out)	0.0	0.0	0.016	mhos	VDC1to5
20.0	0.0	1.0

Thanks for the help in advanve
0
yorkbrad (1)
7/29/2010 5:42:50 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

Conditional Formatting of Text...
....I know how to apply Conditional Formatting to cells containing numeric data; is it possible to apply it to cells where the result is textual? For example: =if(a1>=5000,"High","Low") In this instance, I would want to conditionally format this cell so that if the result is High, then the text should be bold and red. Thanks in advance. I'm using Excel 2002... Hi click on the cell choose format / conditional formatting choose cell value is equal to ="high" click the format button set your formatting click OK twice Regards JulieD "Birmangirl&quo...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?
Example: Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow. Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional format...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

user-defined data type capabilities
It seems I use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5 from Microsoft Excel 2003. I've just introduced my first user-defined data type (UDT) to a module. I found it greatly simplified passing parameters. Private Type Journey Depart As String Arrive As String End Type What can I do with such UDTs? 1) Declare functions and scalar, array, and parameter variables. 2) Assign e.g. Dim A as UDT, B as UDT: A = B 3) Not compare variables. e.g. if UDT0 = UDT1 ... gets an error. What else can UDTs be used for? When, in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), I hover over code referencing a v...

Formats for video
What are the formats most commonly used for posting video to a personal website? I want to post some holiday video, but would like to maximise the chance that users will be able to view the video without having to download additional software, and without taking too much time or bandwidth. Can you help? thanks, Heidi Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > What are the formats most commonly used for posting video to a > personal website? I want to post some holiday video, but would like > to maximise the chance that users will be able to ...

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

Filtering out text with conditional formatting
hi there, I have a problem I need help with. I have a worksheet that has column with 13 digit long number in it. I want a formula (or is it conditional formatting) that will highligh the cell if the last 5 digits of the number are not �00000� The number is in text format and needs to stay that way� so I wa thinking there could be come way to examine the text .. I dunno� an ideas greatly appreciated� thanks -- bluebea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bluebean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2595 View th...

downsampling from 16 bit to 8 bit data with colesafearray
I want to downsample a 512x512x16 bit array to a 512x512x8 bit array. I want to do it with COleSafeArray.... here's what I've got already. What should I do to pick off the most significant bits of the 16 bit value and store them in an 8 bit value that I can write to the other array? Also- any ideas on autoscaling data when I do this? If I know the max and min of the source, 16 bit data? Thanks in advance! -spencer // set up our arrays DWORD numElements[] = { 512,512 }; COleSafeArray Array16; COleSafeArray Array8; Array16.Create(VT_UI2, 2, numElements); Array8.Create(VT_UI1, 2, ...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

search perticular result of conditional formatting
I have applied conditional format to very large range of data. Many cells are now having a perticular format as a result of these cells meeting the specified condition How can I find those cells because find-format is not doing this task. Harsh, You need to test whether the cell meets the CF conditions. For instance, if a CF condition is >6, then check which cells are >6. No automated function I am afraid. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Harsh" <harshdhandharia@hot...

format a timesheet it adds the hrs but need a negative for flex
I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the format to add the hrs for the day and the total for the week but when the overtime adds on to the flex it want give me a negative it just comes up with ######## can you please help thanks One way to show negative dates/times in excel is to use the 1904 date system. Tools|Options|Calculation tab Be aware that any dates in your worksheet will change by 4 years and a day. But if you're adding hours, how do you get a negative value? juls kartinyeri wrote: > > I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the...

one sided posting entry in gp?
how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided entry that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to be a document on customer source; but i cant find it. Thanks for any information I'm unclear as to why you need a one sided entry instead of backing out one of the double sided entries that posted incorrectly. To backout one of those entries click "Correct" on the JE Transaction Entry Screen (Transactions->Financial->General) Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, 2020 <2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

custom date format 04-12-10
I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 2010"? Thanks so much for all the help, past, present, and future!! Tonso How about Mon, Sep 27, 2010 If that's ok, try: ddd, mmm dd, yyyy or ddd, mmm d, yyyy Tonso wrote: > > I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, > September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give > a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 201...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

cell value goes up by one count
,Hello Again Could i get some help with this. How does one get an activecell , that has a value of 1, that is copied from sheet1 to sheet2 so that the value changes from 1 to a 2 and so on depending on how many times I copy a sheet. I hope this makes sense Thanks in Advance Allan =sheet1!(a1). I think you are asking for this formula. It will change the value of current cell (doesn't matter on which sheet you are currently working) to value of Sheet 1's A1 cell. Means if Sheet 1 A1 = 100 and you are currently working on Sheet 2 F1, then this formula will show the F1 value ...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #5
The Template Wizard is not part of excel 2003 and I can't find it on Microsoft's web site as an add in. Is it still available? If not, how can I recreate it? Thanks. ...

Exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0
Can anyone suggest me an easy method (ActiveX, or direct APIs) of exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0? The one I am using has few limitations which are mentioned below: 1. Can not format the cells, e.g expand the cells to cell text width. 2. If a cell contains more than 256 characters then the fisrt 256 characters are overwritten and the latest characters are only stored. Regards ...