Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel

help.  I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl
lines of text into 1 row in excel.  It's probably really easy but m
manual is USELESS.  Can anyone help

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

debbie

You're a little short on details.  If nothing below fits the bill post back.

"Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one
column?

Do you want all lines to go into one cell?

You can use this formula in, say B1, if lines are as above.

=A1 & " " & A2 & " " & A3 & etc. etc.

The " " gives a space between each line.

Do you want all lines in separate cells across the row?

Copy the cells down the column then select a cell out of that range and Paste
Special>Transpose.

There are VBA code solutions also but perhaps as a beginner you don't want to
get into that now.

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:12:55 -0600, debbie
<debbie.x5qmy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>help.  I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multiple
>lines of text into 1 row in excel.  It's probably really easy but my
>manual is USELESS.  Can anyone help?

>~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Gord

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

learning Excel #3

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Test message 1
"Catherine Lane" <girllane2@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:49e71c3e$0$4046$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... Wrong newsgroup for test messages. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...