page setup feature is not working

We have a user at our firm that has Excel 2002.  When he goes into page
setup and changes the view to landscape, nothing within the document
actually changes.  When you go to print preview, the document is still
in portrait.  we have tried repairing the installation of office and
that didn't seem to work.  We will try to remove it and then install it
again.  I wanted to see if anyone has had this problem before.  Thank
you!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I often find that these types of issues are directly related to th
attached printer.  Before uninstalling, try selecting a differen
printer (if possible) or verify the latest printer drivers ar
installed.

Good luck

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39582

Chapter 4 favorite feature
My Favorite feacture on Windows Vista is that the system lets you know when something is going to download onto your computer by making you answer yes or no, if you want it to download or not. We're glad you are happy. "Bruce Schuety" <cschuety@clearwire.net> wrote in message news:%236$VOzZrKHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My Favorite feacture on Windows Vista is that the system lets you know > when something is going to download onto your computer by making you > answer yes or no, if you want it to download or not. And this has what to do...

Exchange 5.5 Client setup
Hi We have an old Exchange 5.5 server on NT4 (all SP and relevant patches). Now when we connect up a new client at the point Outlook (2000 or 2003) checks for the user/server it says name not matched . The accounts all work when an admin account on the Server domain is used ie finds user etc ok. Also existing profiles have been getting odd errors when sending to external email addreses. Normally related to permissions denial or mapi encounterted an error please retry or restart Outlook. Recent changes are: A user accessing with XP SP2 on Outlook 2003, had problems authenticating and t...

working with named lists
Hey guys, Im currently working with named lists and through vba i need to go and find on what row the list starts can Someone help me out ? Greatly apreciated Alexandre Named Ranges? msgbox worksheets("sheet1").range("Mynamehere").address 'or .row If you work with names, do yourself a favor and get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp "Alexandre (www.pointnetsolutions.com)" wrote: > > Hey guys, > > Im currently wor...

Remove Page border for Particular Page
Hi, I am preparing a manual with MS Word 2003. I have set border for my entire document and I want to remove page border only for 4th page as I am inserting a flow chart. Could anyone guide me on this please? Regards, Mahesh -- maheshmaxi You will need to make that page a separate section (by means of Next Page section breaks before and after) and remove the page border for that section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "maheshmaxi" <maheshmaxi.57e2213@wordbanter.com> w...

Synchronized zooming between pages
I have several pages in my drawing that I need to flip back and forth between. I'd like to zoom and pan between pages simultaneously so that all pages stay synchronized. This way, if I'm zoomed in on a portion of page 1, I can change to page 2 and I would be zoomed in on the same area. This can be for two pages using background/foreground pages to almost provide the same effect, but you can't 1) do it for more than 2 pages, 2) edit the background page at the same zoom level. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Visio 2003, though could switch to 2007 if necessary...

Page Permission in MOSS2007
I have a problem with page permission in SP2007. I have posted all my pages under "Pages" and they are visible in the navigation for unauthorized/anonymous users. When I change permission of a page it is no longer visible in the navigation even if it has inherit the same permissions that all other pages. Any idéa? The site has anonymous users enabled and "Pages" area has all the user permissions, also "Site visitors" with user "DOMAIN\iusr_domainname". I have found answers regarding my question. When an item does not inherit permissions...

using depreciation as fixed assets setup
Hello: Instead of typing in the YTD and LTD amounts in the Asset Book window when you are first setting up fixed assets, can you not simply run the depreciation routine and have GP fill in these amounts automatically? Are there any "downfalls" behind doing so? childofthe1980s You might not get the same results if the existing amounts were calculated by hand, Excel, or another fixed assets program. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I've got to go with Fran...

Links in mails no longer work...
in outlook 2007, out of the blue... when I select a link from an email, I get an error: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have no idea how this happened. any advise will be helpful. "Rgryn" <Rgryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A02212C-C0BB-45F3-8678-05CA5A2DA967@microsoft.com... > in outlook 2007, out of the blue... when I select a link from an email, I > get > an error: > "This operation has been canceled due to res...

DrawText with DT_WORDBREAK didn't work.
H I'm using DrawText to draw labels on a window. When I tried drawing a lengthy string(w/o space, new line character), it didn't break the word; instead the label is truncated eventhough it has enough space for two or three lines of text. Is there a way to solve this Thank Saravanan. Word breaks refers to line breaks between words, not within words. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Saravanan M P" <mpsaravanan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:036D59B3-E4F6-4113-8768-116A...

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

can't setup my account
I'm at work trying to set up my Outlook account but I keep getting the username/password box pop up after I make my account. Here's whats happening: I'm selecting POP3 --> setting incoming mail server (POP3)/outgoing(SMTP) as the same, typing in my name, email address, user name, and password. Then I click more settings-->Advanced--> Incoming server (POP3) = 110 and Outgoing server (SMTP) = 587. When I go to test settings I type in my User Name and Password but the box just pops up again in 10 seconds. Why isn't it accepting my password? I can't send mail...

Sign In stopped working -- Help
Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not send or receive mail. “Sign in” shows in the upper right corner. When I click Sign In (upper right) then “Sign in” box in the sign in pop-up I get “Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later”. I can access my mail on MSN web (Same address and PW). -- Ann from CA Oops - stopped on the 26th! -- Ann from CA "ann6709" wrote: > Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not > send or receive mail....

oldcompanyweb won't work
I am in the process of migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. Everything seems to have worked well until I hit a wall on the Sharepoint migration. I copied the "old" companywed site to the target server, per the instructions, mounted the STS_SERVERname_1 database and created the web application named "oldcompanyweb". Then I got to the step where I have to set the site collection administrators. When the site collection administrators dialog opens and I try to select site collection "oldcompanyweb" the selection pane says there are no items to show in this ...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

I have a graph paper on my page when I open microsoft word
I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get these lines off my page. Help! View Tab>Show/Hide Group>Gridlines. maritime.chic wrote: > I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on > microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get > these lines off my page. Help! It's on the ribbon, but on a tab that's available only when a shape is selected. Go to the Insert tab and insert anything fro...

Blocked Senders Not Working
I've read many posts here about the spam filter not filtering anything or the "blocked/safe senders" feature not working properly, but they all seem to apply to Exchange accounts. I have two email accounts being handled by Outlook 2007--an Exchange account, and a POP/SMTP account. The spam filter and blocked/safe senders feature seem to work only for the Exchange account, though. I have added certain addresses and even domains to the "blocked senders" list more times than I can count, but that feature won't work if the message is sent to my POP3 email account. Th...

Office 08 works only for one user
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have installed Office 08 home and student edition. While logged under the admin user everything works fine but when I log into the other user ID Word will not work properly. It open with some weird layout and everytime you move the window it drags and copies itself...very odd. The other programs, excel, ppt, etc seem to work fine on both user log ins but not word. I have tried reinstalling it 3 times to reach the same result. Please help. First & Foremost: Reinstalling complex apps such as Office is *never* the first step to co...

Money "Lifetime Planner" Feature
Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? Thanks! I am using Money 2007, it's in there, can't say for sure about 2006. On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:44:59 -0700 (PDT), gyropilot <gyropilot392@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come >out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? > >Thanks! Lifetime Planner is in M2002 which I still use, but I don't know when it first appeared. Regards Bill Wood "gyropilot" <gyropilot39...

Windows Mail has stopped working
About a week ago. I sometimes catch it working, but mostly I get this message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'KT MAIL', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I haven't changed any settings, and have used this same account for years. Thanks for any help! -- karenlea Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually ...

Pages for Database's Indexes.
What is a way to get the number of pages for each database's tables and indexes, so I can see all the number of pages and size. Just trying to streamline and check for fragmentation in indexes, and I have to either individual go through each database and go to each table and find out page size or is there a way to get everything in one query. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com On Aug 5, 1:15=A0am, "Hoardling1 via SQLMonster.com" <u43783@uwe> wrote: > What is a way to get the number of pages for each database's tables and > ...

Profile Setup
I am setting up 9 profiles in outlook all connecting to exchange server. When any user picks their profile, they can see and navigate around the mailbox before they enter their password. How can I make it where the mailbox is not visible until the password for the exchange server is entered? "Camatpremier" <Camatpremier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ACF1CF-1A1A-40C8-BDC1-EAB9EB1C3F68@microsoft.com... >I am setting up 9 profiles in outlook all connecting to exchange server. When > any user picks their profile, they can see and navigate ar...

header/footer different first page
I'm trying to have a header show up on the first page only, and the footer show page numbers on all pages. However, the "different first page" option seems to link the header and footer so that they cannot be dealt with separately. Is there any way to do this? When you enable "Different first page" you are instructing Word to create a first page header AND a first page footer; this is by design. Just copy the contents of the main footer into the first page footer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsof...

Outlook 2002 Sender List and email not working right
Two problems: 1) the auto complete feature is not working automatically filling in the name on the "To" or "cc" box even though I have the option checked to do so. 2) The "select names" list box that appears when I click the "TO" header of a new email has duplicate entries for each contact. One if I have the email address in the contact info and once again if the contact has a business fax entered. Anyone have suggestions? Sounds to me like normal behavior on both counts. You won't see any autocompletion until you've sent enough email...

Outlook 2007 setup requires exchange server?
Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with Outlook 2007 setup. I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was removed. The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old company). I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service. When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I hit cancel. It then closes Outlook. In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything. I suspect there is ...

Data Access Page Command Button
I want a user to be able to click a command button on my Data Access Page that will bring up a save as box and export a query to excel. Its easy in Access VBA but I think I have to use VBScript and am having NO luck. Please help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200802/1 ...