Page set up #2

I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options.
Anyone know where I can find it?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have
installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to
"install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do.

Alan Badgery wrote:

> I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper
> options. Anyone know where I can find it?

0
birelan (531)
9/16/2008 7:33:25 PM
I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book
between and home and work, where there is a an A3 printer. Are we talking
about an actual 'PDF' printer, or software? Apologies for my naivety on
this.

> Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have
> installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to
> "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do.
>
> Alan Badgery wrote:
>
>> I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper
>> options. Anyone know where I can find it?

PDF creation software "prints" a PDF file. CutePDF and PDF995 are a
couple "free" ones. Just use Google for the download sites.

Alan Badgery wrote:
> I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work
> book between and home and work, where there is a an A3 printer. Are we
> talking about an actual 'PDF' printer, or software? Apologies for my
> naivety on this.
>

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you
>> have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to
>> "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do.
>>
>> Alan Badgery wrote:
>>
>>> I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper
>>> options. Anyone know where I can find it?

0
birelan (531)
9/16/2008 8:32:34 PM
Bob

Got the A3! Many thanks for your assistance

Alan

> PDF creation software "prints" a PDF file. CutePDF and PDF995 are a couple
> "free" ones. Just use Google for the download sites.
>
> Alan Badgery wrote:
>> I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book
>> between and home and work, where there is a an A3 printer. Are we talking
>> about an actual 'PDF' printer, or software? Apologies for my naivety on
>> this.
>>

>> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have
>>> installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to

You're welcome, have a great day!

Alan Badgery wrote:
> Bob
>
> Got the A3! Many thanks for your assistance
>
> Alan
>
> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> PDF creation software "prints" a PDF file. CutePDF and PDF995 are a
>> couple "free" ones. Just use Google for the download sites.
>>
>> Alan Badgery wrote:
>>
>>> I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work
>>> book between and home and work, where there is a an A3 printer. Are
>>> we talking about an actual 'PDF' printer, or software? Apologies for
>>> my naivety on this.
>>>

>>> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
birelan (531)

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article #2
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

Problem placing Mail Merge Results on one page
Hello Experts, This is what I am trying to accomplish: I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing. When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result. I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this possible? ...

Is there a way to set tranform timeout to avoid dead loop? thanks

Public folder delegation with Public Folder Settings Wizard #2
I'm having a problem with the Public Folder Settings Wizard that came available after SP2 installation. In the root of the public folder I've create a folder for every department, and they can do everything within their own folder. But after SP2 installation the management of public folders is changed and the delegated administrators cannot start the public folder settings wizard. This is probably a permissions issue, does anyone know what the minimal permissions are to start the Public Folder Settings Wizard? ...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Q: how to set the default arranged by
Outlook 2007 Every time I create a new mail folder the "Arranged By: starts out as "From", I virtually always want to arrange by "Date". Can anybody please let me know how to control the initial Arranged By setting for every time I create a new mail folder. Thanks, mdj. Reset the view - date should be default. If it needs set on every folder, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the method to globally change views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

macro that runs when print page
Is it possible to set a macro to run when a worksheet is printed? Somewhat like an auto_open macro runs when the worksheet is opened. Thanks all. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Venus, Use the Workbook_BeforePrint event in ThisWorkbok code module, and put your code in there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "venusc" <venusc.u8cnn@exce...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text? #2
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm (The original of this post was "lost" to the newsgroup and is now being re-sent.) On 9/14/04 5:57 PM, in article BD6CE16D.4A37%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > > (The original of this post was "lost" to the newsgroup and is now being > re-sent.) > It wasn...

How to print formulas and their results on the same page?
Hello How to print formulas and their results on the same page? The "Formula Auditing mode" prints only formulas without their results. Dmitriy, here is a macro from John Walkenbach that will list formulas , cell address, and valves in a new worksheet for the sheet you are on, see if this will do what you need Sub ListFormulas() 'from John Walkenbach Dim FormulaCells As Range, Cell As Range Dim FormulaSheet As Worksheet Dim Row As Integer ' Create a Range object for all formula cells On Error Resume Next Set FormulaCells = Range("A1").Special...

How can I number these pages?
I have a workbook with 30 sheets. Some sheet contains more pages t print. I have already made the setting print and the setting scale i not the same for all sheets. I would like to number (progressive number) and print all pages. Ex WS1 Page1, WS1 Page2, WS2 Page3... Someone can hepl me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pippo, In File - Page Setup, the First Page Number should be set to Auto for all sheets. The pages wil now be sequential across all the sheets if all are printed in one command. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

Sender receives 5.2.3 even after checking all size limits
Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I have checked everything in KB 322679: Global settings; connector settings; SMTP virtual server settings; mailbox settings but a sender outside the organization still keeps getting a message back from the Exchange server with error 5.2.3 with text "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.". What else do I need to check? Kevin Kevin, What is the size of the message send by that outsider? and what is the...

Do not refresh main page when call is closed
Hi, Currently when a call is closed and you are returned to the main page, then the page is refreshed. If the user had filtered the call list to just one customer, they then have to find the customer again, then search the customers call list for the next call they should work on. It would nice if it did not refresh so the tech does not have to find his place again. It would also be nice if the call was removed from the list once the tech marks it complete. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Audit Trail #2
I'm looking for a report that shows the creator, approver and poster of batches on the general ledger. I've looked within Great Plains and found nothing. I located this sql table (PM80100) that contains the creator and approver of purchasing batches but I've been unsuccessful with a similar one for the general ledger. Any leads would be very helpful. Thanks! Possibly in FRx? "maatthias" wrote: > I'm looking for a report that shows the creator, approver and poster of > batches on the general ledger. I've looked within Great Plains and found &g...

Password Authentication #2
Guys, I'm having a problem where a user is getting prompted for a password, when he is already logged onto the network. He's already been authenticated, but when he hits send/receive, a window pops up for username/domain name/password. When he hits cancel, it successfully checks for mail anyway. When he hits send/receive again, the window doesn't pop up and it still works. Any ideas? RK. ...

Need Help #2
Hello... I Am new to dynamic Gp... i need to know how i can generate a cash report weekly, and how i can see where my revenue is recorded by monthly.... i mean cash on hand monthly... if any1 help me out i shall be very much thankful.... ...

Filling Area Between 2 Series in a Line Chart
Hello- I have a chart with two series; one plotted on the Primary Axis (assets-positive values), one on the Secondary Axis (liabilities-negative values). There is an area between the two lines that I would like to fill with a color or pattern (this will represent the "free cash" that is available). Is it possible to have this area filled? Thank you, Tom Tom - You'd need the data on the same axis. Plot it as a stacked area type chart, where the first series is Liabilities and the second is Assets - Liabilities (but named Assets). Format Liabilities to have a border a...

formula question #2
I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". Thanks for your help. Tim Hi why not use Edit-Replace? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tim wrote: > I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change > the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". > > Thanks for your help. > Tim Tim If you don't want to actually change them, but change the way they are displayed, you could use a custom format >Cells...>Number>Custom and type ...

CRM desktop client #2
is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? -- life is only like a box of chocolates if you live it with your eyes wide shut not without writing an external tool to do that, i do not think. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Joe B wrote: > is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that > will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? ...

Combine 2 Money files into 1
I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate files into one file. The only way that I can see to do it is to export thr accounts into QIf then import thrm back in. The only disadvantage to that is that i can't export any Loans and liability accounts. I'm running Money 2004 Thanks for the Help In addition When I import the QIF files it throws off the total amounts in the accounts >-----Original Message----- >I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate >files into one file. The only way that I can see to do >it is to export thr ac...

Microsoft Office 2010 Reaches Technical Preview #2
On 13-July-09, at its Worldwide Partner Conference, Microsoft Corp. announced Office 2010, SharePoint Server 2010, Visio 2010 and Project 2010 have reached the technical preview engineering milestone. Starting today, tens of thousands of people will be invited to test Office and Visio as part of the Technical Preview program. <http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4506> No mention of a Mac version ...

horizontal page split
I need to easily split a page in half horizontally and am using Word 2007. There is writing on top and bottom and need to be able to cut page evenly in half. Any suggestions for formatting? On the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group. On the Margins tab of the Page Setup dialog, under "Multiple pages," select "2 pages per sheet" and leave the paper orientation at Portrait. You will get two landscape "pages" on each sheet. They can be handled just as you would a full-size page, including margins...

how to parse a web page using VC++
I am a beginner. want to know, how can I get first word of lenght 8 or more on the web page for the given url, programmatically using VC++ You can use MSXML. Also check out codeproject and codeguru for working samples. There is one here: http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/xmlite.asp -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Your inputs are of great help thanks. But the link, you had given deals with only XML pages. Do you have any idea about HTML and ASP pages also? Your inputs are of great help, thanks. But the link, you had given deals with only XML pages. Do you have any idea about ASP ...

adding 2 columns where
Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. column C contains $$ amounts. I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. what is the statement?? thank you!! See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F795D87-AE43-45FA-9937-81D1B9AD1A28@microsoft.com... > Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. > column C contains $$ amounts. > > I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. > > what is the statement?? > > t...