Page Numbers

I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1
of 1.  I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want
the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc.  Can this be
done?
0
jobe.gates (10)
12/10/2003 3:31:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On 10 Dec 2003 07:31:10 -0800, jobe.gates@akrn.com (Gates) wrote:

>I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1
>of 1.  I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want
>the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc.  Can this be
>done?

Custom footer  "&[Page] of &[Pages]" - without the quotes?
--
John Thow
 an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience -

To e-mail me, replace the DOTs in the Reply-To: address with dots!
0
jtacom (37)
12/10/2003 4:50:19 PM
I put the custom footer in.  How do I make the pages increment?

"John Thow" <jtacom@someisp.net> wrote in message
> On 10 Dec 2003 07:31:10 -0800, jobe.gates@akrn.com (Gates) wrote:
>
> >I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1
> >of 1.  I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want
> >the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc.  Can this be
> >done?
>
> Custom footer  "&[Page] of &[Pages]" - without the quotes?
> --
> John Thow
>  an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience -
>  certain maxims of archie; Don Marquis.
>
> To e-mail me, replace the DOTs in the Reply-To: address with dots!

0
jobe.gates (10)
12/10/2003 5:19:36 PM
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:19:36 -0600, "Jobe Gates" <jobe.gates@akrn.com> wrote:

>I put the custom footer in.  How do I make the pages increment?
>

>"John Thow" <jtacom@someisp.net> wrote in message
>> On 10 Dec 2003 07:31:10 -0800, jobe.gates@akrn.com (Gates) wrote:
>>
>> >I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1
>> >of 1.  I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want
>> >the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc.  Can this be
>> >done?
>>
>> Custom footer  "&[Page] of &[Pages]" - without the quotes?

Not sure what you're asking now....  If your document has n pages, the above
will give you 'Page 1 of n', 'Page 2 of n' etc. on each copy regardless of how
many copies you print.  Isn't that what you're after??

--
John Thow
 an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience -
 certain maxims of archie; Don Marquis.

To e-mail me, replace the DOTs in the Reply-To: address with dots!
0
jtacom (37)
12/10/2003 11:48:56 PM
"Jobe Gates" <jobe.gates@akrn.com> wrote in message
> I put the custom footer in.  How do I make the pages increment?

I have in every workbook, a custom header with the words "Page
<page number> of <total number of pages>"

Use the File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Custom Header ... to insert
the icons displayed there  to replace <page number> and <number
of pages>.  Those numbers will then increment automatically
according to the number of pages in your document.

avril

wrote:

> > >I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format
of Page 1
> > >of 1.  I want to print several copies of the same document,
but I want
> > >the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc.  Can
this be
> > >done?
> >
> > Custom footer  "&[Page] of &[Pages]" - without the quotes?
> > --
> > John Thow
> >  an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience -
> >  certain maxims of archie; Don Marquis.
> >
> > To e-mail me, replace the DOTs in the Reply-To: address with
dots!

Counting Number Records per Unique ID, saving it to another table:
I have a form frmVendors with a subform frmPayments. The main form shows information on vendors, and the subform is a continuous form which lists the checks paid out to each vendor. Users are typically entering new payments into the subform on the main form. The forms are linked to tables: Linked by VendorID (one to many) tblVendor: Key=VendorID, Vendor Name, Vendor Address, Vendor State, Vendor City tblPayments: Key=CheckID, VendorID, PaymentAmount There is a field in tblVendor called NumberChecks to show the total amount of checks paid out to that vendor. There is a text box on th...

Copying number to clipboard, subtracting 398 then pasting the value to overwrite the original
Hi. I am very new to this. I'd be really grateful if someone could help/guide me. I want to create a macro in Microsoft Word but I don't know visual basic. I want to be able to highlight a number then: - copy it to the clipboard - subtract 298 - paste the value to the Word document, overwriting the original text Hi John, There is no need to involve the clipboard if you are only changing the selected number. The following macro subtracts 298 from the selected number. Sub Subtract298() If IsNumeric(Selection.Text) Then Selection.Text = Val(Selecti...

IF number is grather than 100 color the cell red
I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 , I want the sell to have the color red. Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? THanks Take a look at format|conditional formatting. Ron Boetger wrote: > > I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a > column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 > , I want the sell to have the color red. > > Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? > > THanks -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

SystemMailbox{GUID Number}
Hello, We just purchased a new third party that requires us to enable the system mailboxes, aka SystemMailbox{GUID Number} on each strorage group. My question is: are there any issues doing that? Why is the SystemMailbox{GUID Number} disabled in the first place? It is a disabled user account. There is no need to logon as the SystemMailbox. It is only used for mail functions and nothing else. What app requires you to enable those accounts? Seems to me they are not going about things the right way. If they are trying to gain access to all the mailboxes, there is a better way to do this th...

Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok. When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]. Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft??? As per instruction from Microsoft I followed A...

how to converts a number to text eg. "2" become "two" #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 many excel utilities from third parties have this built in http://xcell05.free.fr/ Morefunc for instance, see above link -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions Portland, Oregon "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03EC3E12-2919-4F4F-9D6B-101F7C095860@microsoft.com... > ...

The same worksheet has different page numbers for different users
Hi all, I have a problem where two users opening the same file and having the same page set up, end up with printed documents of different page counts when viewed through print preview and when printed. The only difference is that one user is on a W2K machine, the other on Windows 95. Has anyone any suggestions? The first suggestion is quite obvious (upgrade the '95 system) - but would expect the difference in page lengths (I presume the '95 syste fits less data to the page, thus producing more pages) would b attributed to Win2000 having a better grasp of variable width fonts -- ...

how do I get navigation buttons to turn pages for a book
I have a book that I created, 2 page view. I want to convert the publication to a form that can be viewed in web form with navigation buttons at the bottom to turn the pages. After I converted to a web publication, I inserted navigation buttons, but it shows buttons for every page. I want it to show next and last buttons only. How can I get this done. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. ...

Formula to Identify groups of numbers to be added.
Hoping I can get a cell formula that will calculate as follows: Cells in Column H have this relative formula in them. =3DIF(M12=3D"Yes", "",C12) This results in a cell will either show a number, or is blank. Each week or so, another entry is made to the next empty line. After awhile, Column H might look something like this: Number are in cells H12 =96 H14 There is a blank at H15. Then numbers in cells H16-H19, and a blank at H20 Column H Line12 13.89 Line 13 7.89 Line 14 6.14 Line 15 Blank cell (this shows up as blank cell) Line 16 ...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?
I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for example. Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in without adding a column with numbering? Thanks in advance. Teresa "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:177A3969-6C4A-4633-BA49-32449EBBCABE@microsoft.com: > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for >...

how can i print certain booklet pages as seen on my screen?
I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good for me.) Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Calendar: print Daily style, 2 pages/day, no TaskPad, no Notes
Hello -- The Notes component of the Daily format still prints, even after I uncheck the Notes area box. The setting for Layout: 2 pages/day does not work. I tried setting up a printer to print 2 pages / landscape page and that did not work either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to have 2 consecutive days print side-by-side on an 8.5" x 11" landscape page? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl ...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Return a number in one cell to long hand text in another.
Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D9B8E3-3D66-4EA0-9184-57762BD663D6@microsoft.com... > Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Go to Google and search the newsgroups for "spell number" On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:07:02 -0700, "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents ...

excel vba
i am trying to set up something in cell K5 whereby it will produce upo opening, a sequential number 1 higher than the last. I think the end code is Range("K5").Value + 1 but how do i set it up to get that sequencing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You need this event to run your code line when the workbook opens Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheets("sheet1") .Range("K5").Value = .Range("K5").Value + 1 End With End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to file on the menu bar Choose view code The ThisWorkboo...

How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100 times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this? DJN Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print´┐Ż.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in cell A1 '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & Copi...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

Varied accuracy custom number formats
Hello, I would like to create a custom number format that varies depending on the value in a cell. Not sure if this is possible. Different volume liquid dispensers that I work with have changing accuracies depending on the amount to dispense. I would like a single number format that would take all of these into account. For a value of 0 = 0 >0 to 2 = nearest even thousandth (1.002 or 1.004) >2 to 10 = nearest 100th >10 to 20 = nearest even 100th >20 to 100 = nearest 10th >100 to 200 = nearest even 10th >200 = nearest integer I don't want the value ...

A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup
has anyone come across this message Is this when creating a new transaction? It's possible that you've 'run out' of numbers....what does the module setup say? If you have something like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual intervention. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642E314C-DFEF-48C9-BD37-EB047270430E@microsoft.com... > has anyone come across this message Victoria has one ...

ID number for all emails
We have a need to have all emails have a unique id number so they can be tracked - does anyone know if this is possible? All items in Outlook are uniquely identified by a combination of the EntryID of the item. This is a constant unless the item has been moved (it remains the same if moved in a PST file) in an Exchange mailbox or public folders store. In addition, each item has a ConversationIndex property that in combination with the ConversationTopic property. Those could be used. Other than that you could generate your own unique series of tags for items by using a database table's ...

Printing the last column on every page printed.
I want to be able to print the last column of my spreadsheet (Total column) on every page that is printed from this workbook. How can I do this? I'm stumped... Thanks for your help! Are all the last columns in the same location (column X for example)? If yes, you could group all the sheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent). then select column X File|print|Select (bottom left corner) Do a preview first. But this prints each worksheet (column) on a different sheet. ====== You could have a macro that built a new worksheet and just copy|pastes values| that last column ...