page numbering

I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.

setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it
Sub test()
    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
         .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"jamessem" <jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
> Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.
>
> setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
> How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

newspab (272)
9/24/2003 2:31:42 AM
Jamessem,
The following link seems to answer your question:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=01bbfbf2%24ced5dc00%240bc00a8a%40SMALLMAC.hydro.on.ca&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Ddate%2Bformat%2B(header%2BOR%2Bfooter)%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dmicrosoft.public.excel.*

Jim

jamessem <jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
> Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.
>
> setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
> How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

jimhome (13)
9/24/2003 3:31:13 AM
Jamessem -
On second thought - I think this code (which I also found on these
newsgroups) works even better:

From: Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho (orlandof6@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: excel97. format date in footer

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: 2003-03-02 05:17:13 PST

Hi George Attard,

I think you have to use a code event. Try this:.

- Open your workbook
- Press Alt+F11
- On VBE window double click ThisWorkbook object.
- Insert an code like this.

   With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
      .CenterFooter = Format(Date, "ddmmmyy")
   End With