page numbering

I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.

setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it
Sub test()
    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
         .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"jamessem" <jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
> Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.
>
> setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
> How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

newspab (272)
9/24/2003 2:31:42 AM
Jamessem,
The following link seems to answer your question:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=01bbfbf2%24ced5dc00%240bc00a8a%40SMALLMAC.hydro.on.ca&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Ddate%2Bformat%2B(header%2BOR%2Bfooter)%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dmicrosoft.public.excel.*

Jim

jamessem <jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
> Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.
>
> setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
> How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

jimhome (13)
9/24/2003 3:31:13 AM
Jamessem -
On second thought - I think this code (which I also found on these
newsgroups) works even better:

From: Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho (orlandof6@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: excel97. format date in footer

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: 2003-03-02 05:17:13 PST

Hi George Attard,

I think you have to use a code event. Try this:.

- Open your workbook
- Press Alt+F11
- On VBE window double click ThisWorkbook object.
- Insert an code like this.

   With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
      .CenterFooter = Format(Date, "ddmmmyy")
   End With
End Sub

HTH

jamessem <jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<jamessem.u8bhz@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header.
> Currently the date is day/month/year.  I want month/day/year.
>
> setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell.
> How do I set the date format in the header and footer?

jimhome (13)

slowing down and page refreshing
I am now using Pub 2002 and opening documents created in 2000 and even 98. It seems that as I work on the same document, the computer slows down and the screen actually slowly refreshes sometimes "group by group" making it slow to work on these things. I have tried copying parts into a new document but sometimes have trouble getting this to work also. I have reinstalled and performed fix on Pulbisher. Does anyone have any ideas. System is 1.6ghz, at least 32 or 64mg of video, plenty of memory. ??? Have you got Norton anti-virus software installed??? -- Have you g...

Print multiple on one page
I have a small table that I need several "wallet size" copies of. Short of copying the table multiple times, how can I print several at a time on one sheet? tcebob If a one-off project you can make multiple copies as you suggest. If I were doing this with different tables over time I would use the facilities of Word's mailmerge to create custom sized labels.........6 to a page or similar. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...

How do you match one column's numbers with the 2nd column?
How do you math one column's numbers with the 2nd column? Like if you had: 1 2 2 3 3 6 4 5 6 7 ... and you wanted it sorted like so 2 2 3 3 6 6 1 4 5 7 Any idea how to do that? Thanks, Lee:confused -- lnsykalsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lnsykalski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53792 Assuming your data are in columns A and B insert a staging column before column B, with following formu...

Retrieve data from Web page
I would like to use ACCESS 2003 to retrieve data from a web page. How to I point ACCESS to the web page where the data(table) is? ...

unable to generate payment number
does anyone knows why when using Manual Payment it's "unable to generate payment number"? ...

Printing headers on all pages except the first
How can I print headers in a workbook on every page except the first when the first worksheet is more than one page? If you use the top rows of your spreadsheet as the header that is simple. start with say a page break before row 50 (set in row 50), Then file, page setup, sheets, rows to repeat at top: $50:$50 of course you will not be able to freeze the rows to see the column headers at that point for display because the must be first row(s) at the top. Does that suffice. If it has to be the real headers then you print only the first page with a macro, insert the headers in t...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

Moving page up and down with arrow keys instead of individual cel.
I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right in individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? Thanks Ike most probably you accidently hit the scroll lock button. press the scroll lock button again. >-----Original Message----- >I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right >in >individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? >Thanks >Ike >. > Scroll lock turned on? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ike" wrote: > I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving u...

trim a string by specific number of characters
I am working with a large volume of data and have numerous occasions where I need to trim either from the left or the right specific number of characters of a string of characters. I imagine this could be done in VB but I am not a VB expert. See the Left, Right, Mid, and Trim functions. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "windyoldman" <windyoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26B0D22C-FE5D-4762-8493-C44B19663E0D@microsoft.com... >I am working with a large volume of data and have n...

totalling points then reporting totals that are over a number
I created a database for a school which tracks infractions. These infractions are stored in a table, and a student receives one point per infraction. When I try to total points in a query using sum, it works fine. When I add a parameter with a date range (e.g. infractions that occurred January - March) then I cannot total them in the query, but can with a separate field in a report. I would like to report on only those that are over 4 points within a date range. I'm running into a brick wall in the reporting. How to filter only those with over 4 points within a date range? Do ...

single web page can be viewed without publisher?
I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to people in single web page (mht) format. Will those without Publisher be able to open and view the newsletter in that format? Why not send it as a .pdf file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80A03B40-0CB6-4DB0-A4F9-E68737BBD0B1@microsoft.com... > I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to > people > in single web pag...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

opening pages
when opening a page in a workbook, is thier a wat get it to default to cell a1 , ??? Hi Rich, Try: '=============>> Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Sh.Range("A1").Select End Sub '<<============= This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module): Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet (or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised) Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code. Alt-F11 to return to Excel...

Counting number of dates that occur within a week
Hello, I'm looking to count the number of forecasted dates that occur in a week, per market. Currently the way I count them I use: Market1 (In cells BR2 to BR19): =COUNTIFS(C_Data!$BR2:$BR19,"<" & DATE(YEAR(A13),MONTH(A13),DAY(A13)+7),C_Data!$BR2:$BR19,">=" & DATE(YEAR(A13),MONTH(A13),DAY(A13))) Market2 (In cells BR20 to BR57): =COUNTIFS(C_Data!$BR20:$BR57,"<" & DATE(YEAR(E13),MONTH(E13),DAY(E13)+7),C_Data!$BR20:$BR57,">=" & DATE(YEAR(E13),MONTH(E13),DAY(E13))) and so on.. A13 and E13 both reference C32 which i...

OWA page not found only for 1 user??????
Hello everyone. We are in an Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003. I am stumped with this one. I have one user, whom for some reason I cannot figure out, gets an error when she tries to get to email through OWA. She gets a page not found error. "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" She can get to her email through Outlook just fine. And she is the only one having this problem out of a user population of about 1000 folks. I have tried using http://hostname/exchange, but get the same error. I have looked at her...

Editing views on the activites page
I have stumbled upon the ability to edit views for activities by using the viewmanger.aspx page and changing the object type code to the code for activities (134). I have made these changes and have published them using deployment manager in a test environment, and they seem to be working great. The question I have is why did Microsoft hide these pages. It is possible to edit other objects (leads, opportunities, accounts, ect.) by just using the standard interface. It seems like the may not be showing these pages for a reason, but I have no idea why. If anyone has any input on this i...

BIN2DEC conversion for large binary numbers
Hello All, I need your help, i want to convert large binary numbers using excel but whenever i use the BIN2DEC function the result is negative which is not correct. Ex. BIN2DEC(1100110110) the result is -202 but if i use the calculator the result is 822 which is the correct value Any ideas? what shall i do to have the correct value? Thanks in advance A.M. Hi, Well I think it's 822 and my calculator confirms that and like you I get -202. Someone will no doubt explain why but in the meantime use this =SUMPRODUCT(MID("0"&A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&a...

doing a postcard, need 2 addresses per 8x11 page
I'm in working with publisher, I have a postcard that I want 2 addresses per page. The mail merge is putting the same address top and bottom. How can I get a different address top and bottom? You can only have one postcard on your screen for the merge to be successful. When it comes time to print....File, Print Merge, select Multiple Pages per sheet. There is a print preview on the Print Merge screen. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ECB7162-109A-4E5F-AE2B-27FD81DA7269@microsoft.com... > I'm in...

Formating text columns layout with page breaks in Excel 97
I was wondering if there is a way to link columns, so once the page break is reached that Excel will automatically continue a list in a designated column to the right? I am trying to create a multi-paged checklist of DVD titles. The sheet is mostly text based, created in Excel 97. The eventual goal is to use this checklist as a template to catalog all other types of media too (CDs, video game carts,...). The spreadsheet is 4 Columns across (A to D) and each page in the spreadsheet is 30 rows in length. Columns 'A' and 'C' will have check-boxes; Columns 'B' and ...

Disappearance of Sheet Numbers
My friend needs help in using Excel 2000. It is unfortunate that he does not know about news groups. And I am sorry to tell you that I do not use the Excel program. I hope that my question will make sense enough to get an answer. He has several spreadsheets and in the past all had 'sheet numbers' at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Three days ago these 'sheet numbers' disappeared and no longer show on any of the spreadsheets. He does not know of any changes that he made to the spreadsheets that cause the 'sheet numbers' to disappear. Any help will be apprecia...

Seperate text and number to different cells
Hi, I have some data in cell (A1) which is alpha numeric, from this data I want number and text in seperate cells (B1) and (C1) respectively per the below example. A B C Raw Data Numbers Text asho344555k123 344555123 ashok 123ab47 12347 ab 1affu123 1123 affu Thanks Afroz The following User Defined Function will return the numerals in a mixed cell: Public Function ReturnNumerals(rng As Range) As String Dim sStr As String, i As Long, ...

Multi sheet Excel file overwrites to single page PDF file

Percentage between two numbers
Hi, i have this two situations: 2394 34 -98,58% 34 2394 6941,18% This is the formulas i used: =(B1-A1)/ABS(A1) =(B2-A2)/ABS(A2) I need a formula to calculate the percentage of differences between two numbers even if the first is bigger than the second or the other way around. This is how i need the final result to look: 2394 34 -98,58% 34 2394 +98,58% Can this be done? Thanks! Percentages don't work that way. If your investment portfolio drops 50% (from $10,000 to $5,000), you need a 100% increase to get back to your starting position. Similar...

My linked email id pages each looks different.
I have three linked email ids - xxx1@msn.com, xxx2@msn.com and xxx3@msn.com. xxx1 is the primary email I use. On the Windows Live page for this account (and for xxx3), the functions right above the email list says: New | Delete Junk | Mark as Move to | Print Icon On the xxx2 account, the functions right aboe the email list says: [Check box] View: All | Unread | From contacts | Social updates | From groups | Everything else << [Arrange by drop down] I can't figure out how to get my primary (and tertiary) email addre...

Extract multiple numbers from a cell
Here are some examples of text with multiple numbers embedded: A1 = 3031 // 2841;1886-ring road location A2 = 3305 //1455-historical A3 = //3491;3492 A4 = //inactive location; historical = 1790; enter new locaion Result should be: B1 = 3031;2841;1886 B2 = 3305;1455 B3 = 3491;3492 B4 = 1790 Try this UDF (User Defined function). From workbook launch VBE using Alt+F11. From menu Insert a Module and paste the below function.Close and get back to workbook and try the below formula. =ExtractNumbers(A1) Function ExtractNumbers(strData As String) As String Dim intTemp As Intege...