Overrule/Replace

I have a row where I will be using tally marks.  I only want one
tally per row but it is based on a progression to track steps in the
process.  So if they have reached the next step they can just put a
tally (an X) in the new cell and it will auto replace the previous
tally.  Thank you for any help.

eg.

                  Step 1          Step 2            Step 3

Person 1                                               X

Person 2            X

Person 3                             X

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See my reply in .programming.  And please don't multi-post...

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"40lbsofPoop" <brentblecha@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a row where I will be using tally marks.  I only want one
> tally per row but it is based on a progression to track steps in the
> process.  So if they have reached the next step they can just put a
> tally (an X) in the new cell and it will auto replace the previous
> tally.  Thank you for any help.
>
> eg.
>

>                  Step 1          Step 2            Step 3
>

> Person 1                                               X
>

> Person 2            X
>

> Person 3                             X

0
Bernie

Replace " and ' with in. and ft.
I have the following in my query: PART: Replace(Replace(Replace([bm_Data]![PART DESCRIPTION],",","*"),"'","ft. ")," " ","in. ") I keep getting an error of an invalid syntax. I'm trying to replace "," with *, the symbols for " in. and 'ft with the abbrev. and not the symbols. "2Blessed4Stress" <2Blessed4Stress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66392AA7-E1B6-4FCD-94E5-012B05D3EFE9@microsoft.com... >I have the following in my query: > PART: Replace(Replace(Replace...

How to replace Dongle
I have RMS 1.3 R.1 with USB Dongle and wondered what would I've to do if it gets lost or damaged. Can it be replaced? and how and at what cost. Yes Rene, you can replace and request partner with another dongle, the POS will work till 48 and also send the broken dongle to MS for replacement. After 48 hrs if POS not find the dongle then it goes automatically in evaluation mode. which will allow only five items to be rung up on the POS transaction screen. "Rene" wrote: > I have RMS 1.3 R.1 with USB Dongle and wondered what would I've to do if it > gets lost...

Need an HTML replacement Macro

Replacing formula to cells EXTREMELY slow
Hi! I have the following code ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub ToggleButton3_Click() Dim i As Long Dim Lastrow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = 1000 If ToggleButton3.Value = True Then 'Fill in the checking formula For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""","""",COUNTIF(INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$2):INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$3), & i & "))" Next Else For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""",...

Another replace question
I have a list of numbers, always three digit, all starting with 1 such as: 101, 103, 102 ,100. In a search and replace, I want to remove the 1. In other words find 101 and repalce with 01 etc. These are actually text strings that look like numbers. How should the "replace with" be input. TIA Greg Assume the list is in col A, A2 down Put in say B2: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,1,,1) Copy B2 down col B -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in thread Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ------------------------------------------------------- "...

Cancelling a block search & replace
I have not been able figure out how to cancel a search and replace for a range of cells. When I hit the cancel button the search and replace only jumps to the next cell to check. For a large block of cells it can be quite tedious to have to hit the cancel button repeatedly. I'm sure there must be an easier way. However,I have not been able to find any other reference to this problem ...

Data Validation / find & replace
If I can one entry within a list set-up using Data Validation, how do I get it to up-date automatically wherever the original selection has been made? Example: list has:- Hello Goodbye Thanks I change Goodbye to See Ya ... now I want everywhere that has Goodbye in it to change to See Ya without me having to go and make the change ... this may be in more than one workbook so am assuming that if I was to use find/replace, I would have to open each workbook individually and repeat process? Or can you use find/replace on closed workbooks? >Or can you use find/replace on closed workbo...

global replace in contacts
I'm trying to do a global replace by grouping contacts by the field I want to change, then dragging the group of contacts that require the change onto a group that contains the desired data for that field. It sort of works. But, instead of allowing me to "change" the data in the field, it only allows me to "add" the data to the field, and thus it adds a comma to the data. I've tried right-clicking instead of left-clicking, Control-Right- and Left-Click, Alt-Right- and Left-Click, with the same results. Only once did I get the "change" option, bu...

How do I replace a corrupt address book datafile?
When sending emails, my Outlook addressbook is suddenly attaching random email addresses to addressees I am trying to sending emails to instead of to the correct email address shown for the name in the address book. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Thank you! No suggestions are possible because you have provided no information. State your Outlook version. State how you are selecting recipients. State the evidence that supports your claim. Be precise with your reply. Don't force us to guess what you mean. -- Russ Valentine "djotoole" <djotoole@dis...

How to stop excel replaceing numbers with the date?
One way is to precede the entry with an apostrophe ('). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > If it is fractions, try preceding with 0 and then a space before the fraction. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jamescowles" <Jamescowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C51F1-115C-4133-A27E-DB56300532EF@microsoft.com... > ...

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

URGENT
17th Street is both "th" regular text and "th" superscript in a document. How to get it consistent, either way in a document. 2007 -- Janet A. Add the autoformat command from the all commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) then run that command. From the options set only the Ordinals with Superscript and run the autoformat. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org...

replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something
Hi, I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an easy way to do that? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

replace "#DIV/0!" errors with blanks
Does anyone know how to replace #DIV/0! errors with blanks automatically? I am working with very large data sets, and complete averages, maximums, etc when compiling the data. However, the #DIV/0! errors always affect each subsequent calculations. I have tried using the Find and Replace commands under the Edit menu, and have also attempted formulas such as: =IF(AVERAGE(A12:A19)="#DIV/0!", "", AVERAGE(a12:a19)) Both of these methods leave me with the same "#DIV/0!" as before. As you can see, this will negatively affect any calculations based on the cell...

Rexex replace
I am curious why my Regex would not work when like this tableName = Regex.Replace(tableName, "'$", "") But worked fine like this: tableName = tableName.Replace("$", ""); Thanks, Tom tshad wrote: > I am curious why my Regex would not work when like this > > tableName = Regex.Replace(tableName, "'$", "") > > But worked fine like this: > > tableName = tableName.Replace("$", ""); Because the two are not the same? I don't know what you intend the "...

Find and replace #3
I have a table with 6 columns, A to F. Column A contains unique item numbers. Column B contains descriptions of those items. Columns C-F contain a random listing of the numbers from column A. I want to replace the random listings of items in C-F with the descriptions of the items from column B. There are 1300 items. Can I do this without running 1300 Find and Replaces? I would be happy with four new columns added that have the descriptions for the random items in C-F in the same order (not exactly a replace). Thanks! Al -- ovid962 -----------------------------------------------------...

Find and Replace #6
I have a line with 90 columns. I need to copy it down to the 3000 lines below it. The cells in this line contain the following: H I J =IF(G14=H9,F14,0) =IF(G14=I9,F14,0) =IF(G14=J9,F14,0) etc.... I need to replace the "=H9", or what ever column it is, with "=$H$9". How do I do this without having to go to each cell, highlight the H9 part and hit the F4 function key? Thank you for your help. tr2yhb pretended : > I have a line with 90 columns. I need to copy it down to the 3000 > lines below ...

Search and Replace #2
Is there a way in Excel to do a replace that will apply bold to text, the way you can in Word. Is there a code I would use in the Replace field to signify bold. Thanks Not built into excel. You could use a macro, though: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWords As Variant Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range Dim FirstAddress As String Dim iCtr As Long Dim letCtr As Long On Error Resume Next Set myRng = Intersect(Selection, _ Selection.Cells _ .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)...

Replacing a specific position in a cell with something else
I need to replace in all my thousands of part numbers.....position number 10 which is the letter "S" to a blank. Does anybody know how to do this? =REPLACE(A1,10,1," ") I'm assuming that the 'S' will always be the 10th character or this wont work, Regards, "McDal" <McDal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9A61B1B-8539-45AF-BB73-00E6720B6B94@microsoft.com... >I need to replace in all my thousands of part numbers.....position number >10 > which is the letter "S" to a blank. > > Does anybody know how to ...

Replacing manually-performed replication with xml-based service
My organization has several locations downloading/uploading financial transactions from a central location, to/from several places in the world every day. It's a labor-intensive effort for the worldwide locations to upload/download their data every day and I'd like to replace with a service. I think that the data could be serialized, then passed back and forth in SOAP messages. The locations could be scheduled to contact the central server. Is this a job for XML web services? Please point me in the right direction. ...

replacing old pc and want to carry contacts, tasks etc
I have bought a new PC and now want to transfer contacts, tasks, calendar etc from old PC to new one. What is the easiest way to do it. Diane Poremsky's Slipstick site has information on How and Where Outlook stores its information. Usually this information is stored in a PST file: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "L. T. Portella" <portella@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:mL8Vb.14890$WY4.3351229@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... I have bought a new PC and now want to transfer contacts, tasks, calendar etc from old PC to...

VBA
(PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007) Hi, again. Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482) for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck. Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help with this? Thanks a lot, Melina Hello, Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs. http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00025.htm#2 Regards, Shyam Pillai Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm "Mel" <mel.turco@yahoo.com> wr...

How to Replace several images at once in Publisher 2007
Our company make all our brochures in publisher, and each consists of 10+ pages, each containing our company logo which comes in several different colour combo's to match the type of document. If there a quick way to replace the logo on every page without having to select and replace one-by-one? A "Linked Pictures" system of some sort where I update the logo on one page and it replaces the logo on every other page? On Aug 28, 5:20 am, Shaun O'Flaherty <Shaun O'Flahe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Our company make all our brochures in publisher, and ...

use copy paste function in the find & replace box
In my language I need to use a special character which is very important. Because it is used very often, I intend to use the find and replace box, but I can't apply copy paste in the box and the character code doesn't work as well. I noticed that with Excel 2007 it is possible, but with Excel 2003 I can not do it, and my computer is a little old, so I can't install Office 2007 Can anyone help me solve the problem? Thank you, Shkendi Try to produce this special character within "Word" and then copy/paste it into "Excels" Find&Replac...

replace a single character WITH FORMAT in a cell
if i have a cell as "I am a boy" and I would like to replace all the a's in this cell with red a's How can i achieve that? it seems Excel will replace the whole cell content into red... On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:01:27 +0800, "ela" <ela@yantai.org> wrote: >if i have a cell as "I am a boy" > >and I would like to replace all the a's in this cell with red a's > >How can i achieve that? it seems Excel will replace the whole cell content >into red... > First of all, the text was be in the cell as text,...