option button

Hi

I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results
are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I
now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user
choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A
results should show up as B's. Is this possible?

Thanks
0
Andreas (22)
6/22/2007 8:29:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You'll need a helper column to do this.

Try something like this:

=IF(B3<=C$1,C$1,B3)

B3 is the survey result, C1 is the "Cap" value.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Andreas" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results
> are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I
> now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user
> choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A
> results should show up as B's. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks
OP,

After you use Barb's suggestion, you can make it permanent.  Copy the formula cells, then
Paste Special - Values over the originals.  Now you won't need the helper column any more.
Be very careful you paste them in the correct place.  Alternatively, you can copy the
formula cells, then with the same selection, do the Paste special - Values.  Now you can
remove the original column.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

    Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
    Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
    But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
    already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
    When in Rome...
"Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You'll need a helper column to do this.
>
> Try something like this:
>
> =IF(B3<=C$1,C$1,B3)
>
> B3 is the survey result, C1 is the "Cap" value.
>
> HTH,
> Barb Reinhardt
>
> "Andreas" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results
>> are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I
>> now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user
>> choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A
>> results should show up as B's. Is this possible?
>>
>> Thanks

0
someone798 (944)

Voting button with an attachment
I am forwarding a document to two people, the second will be the one which votes. I need the original attachment included so basically need the email to forward with the attachment and the voting buttons still available. Any options? To clarify, when the voting response is sent, i need the attachment included in what is sent. Any ideas? "chanse44" wrote: > I am forwarding a document to two people, the second will be the one which > votes. I need the original attachment included so basically need the email to > forward with the attachment and the voting bu...

bold button labels
Is it possible to make several button labels of CMFCToolBarButtons to show bold? Try to override CMFCToolBarButton::OnDraw and use the bold font to draw the text. Victor "Sergei Riaguzov" wrote: > Is it possible to make several button labels of CMFCToolBarButtons to > show bold? > ...

disabling new button in account form
I dont want to hide using security. I am trying to hide new button in the toolbar by a javascript, so I added it in accts/edit.aspx. function window.onload() { var newaccount = document.getElementById('_MBOpenOb1'); newaccount.OnClick=null; newaccount.innerHTML=''; alert('test'); } Is this the right way to accomplish ? ...

Report options
I have a customer on V9 - when they try to amend a receivables report - Account History by Transaction - they get an error message that the range is already entered. They have ranges entered for Debtor and Post Date. They can have a GL account entered as a range - when they delete the range and save the option, then pull up the option and try to add back in the account range - they get an error message re 'Range already entered' Has anyone else come across this previously? Thanks Jean -- JB Have you tried deleting the report option and recreating it? If you have and...

OWA2003
Hi everybody, I would like to know how to enable and unforce the "filter junk e-mail" option (in the options\Privacy and Junk E-Mail Prevention) for all the users in my Organization . Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C68FC3.5E18B4F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I found the solution. I use OWA Admin Tool, and selected the back-end = mailbox server (when selecting the front-end server, the options was = grayed). "Antoine Golio" <a.golio@123mu...

Modify Font on Link Bar Buttons Set default Font for entire Site
1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin' theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller using Tahoma 10 pt. 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 'Satin' bars, found no way to modify 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design View Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option to set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10 throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke? ...

publish option is greyed out in access 2007
when trying to publish an openb database the publish option is greyed out ...

Q: Hiding a field button on a pivot chart
Hello All: I am on a W2K computer with Excel 2000. I am trying to hide a "Field Button" on a pivot chart when printing. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks, Deguza On the PivotChart toolbar click the PivotChart button Choose Hide PivotChart Field Buttons Kompu Kid wrote: > Hello All: > > I am on a W2K computer with Excel 2000. > > I am trying to hide a "Field Button" on a pivot chart when printing. > > Is there a way of doing this? > > Thanks, > > Deguza > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.co...

Where did the buttons come from?
I just created a dialog based mfc application. Two buttons appear on the application when it is run Ok and Cancel. They are not there when I edit the dialog in the resource editor. Yet when I run the application, there they are. How do I get rid of them? I just had that problem, only I wanted the controls to show up. Open the .rc file in a text editor. Scroll down to the IDD_YOURDIALOG. Find the control, button, etc and delete it. There are a couple other places in your code you should be aware of. 1. The Dialog .h file contains an afx_msg void Onbnclickedsomebutton() 2. The Dialog .cpp f...

Form: Check Box or Option Button
How do I enlarge the size of the Check Box or the Option Button in Form I tried "Format _C_ontrol" but only the size of the whole thing changes but not the box itself. Thank you -- michung202 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- michung2020's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27493 ...

Money Investment QIF import error for Option transactions
I am having trouble importing option transactions within a QIF file. I have narrowed this down to the file and/or process as I've used 2 versions of Money (2003 Deluxe and 2004 Small Business). I tried my normal data file and a new, empty file. Importing a variety of option transactions -- Buy to Open, Sell to Open, Sell to Close, and Buy to Close -- all yielded the same error. I also tried old, expired contracts as well as current option contracts. I am pretty sure that I have imported Option trades like this before, but it has been several months so I cannot remember if I ...

Using one command button to open one of two reports
Hi - Currently I have a form and a subform. On the form, I have a command button that opens a report in print preview based on criteria set from information on the subform. My question is: Can I use the same command button to open a different report based on a field in the subform? For example, if the DISCIPLINE field in the selected record on the subform says "ATTENDANCE INFORMATION FORM", I would like the rptAttendanceInformationFormReprint to open when the button is clicked. However, if the DISCIPLINE field in the selected record on the subform says an...

How do I keep a button size the same!
I am running several macros that import information from another program via "command buttons". The information is importing in to a pivot table that changes in width based on the "garment size available" column. When I execute the macros my buttons are changing sizes! Can I control this? Thanks in advance. Hi Ted 1) Select a button causing a problem (or select them all at once) 2) Right click and select "Format Control" 3) Select the "Properties" tab and select "Don't move or size with cells" 4) Repeat 1) to 3) above for each but...

Define Name option missing??
Hi I'm trying to define a named range, but the option Insert>>Name>>Define is not listed. It's been there before, but now it's not! Any suggestions on how to get it back? I'm using Excel 2000 Thanks If the name is not in the list, it was deleted or had its Visible property set to False. To restore a hidden name, run the following code: Sub AAA() ThisWorkbook.Names("TheName").Visible = True End If -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Brip" <bripperjones@gmail.com&g...

mailto option #2
Hi... I am new to this so I hope someone can help. I have a list of ID's (020202, for example) in column A and text in column B (@blah.blah.blah) together they make up an email address. I was hoping to just CONCATENATE them into column C to have a link which I could click, which in turn would fill in the To: box in an email message. However, this does not work. If I type the email address directly into the cell it works but as I have about 1000 of these ID's I was hoping I didn't have to type each email address manually. Any ideas?... Anyone?... Please?... Your help is app...

TMobile/Blackberry Option with Exchange 2003
We have the TMobile Blackberry phones (72xx series) - about 50 phones. Does anyone know of a service provider that can use those same type of phones and also use a service OTHER than RIM/TMobile? I hope we are not stuck with these phone only for RIM/TMobile. Thanks. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:40:17 -0600, "<<JP<<" <jp@msn.com> wrote: >We have the TMobile Blackberry phones (72xx series) - about 50 phones. > >Does anyone know of a service provider that can use those same type of >phones and also use a service OTHER than RIM/TMobile? > >I hope w...

How do i get send/receive button back its gone
My send/receive button has gone how will i get it back please Right-click on a toolbar, Customize, Toolbars tab - Reset. Or add an email account if you don't have one. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70806BE4-7622-4821-8B7A-B887264C6B23@microsoft.com... > My send/receive button has gone how will i get it back please ...

Tabbed MDI + close on middle mouse button
Is there a way to close MDI Tabbed with middle mouse button? I don't see any flags in CMDITabInfo structure http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ library/bb983787.aspx. Should I code this behaviour manually? ...

Button Name change
Hi All, Hopefully there is an easy way to do this..... I want the text on my macro button to change if the *-Sheet-* name changes. Is this possible? At the moment this is my vba code ActiveSheet.Shapes("Button 415").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "Shot 2" With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=7).Font Name = "Arial" FontStyle = "Bold" Size = 10 Strikethrough = False Superscript = False Subscript = False OutlineFont = False Shadow = False Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone ColorIndex = 1 Thanx heaps in advance San -- rhani111 --------------...

Buttons in excel 2003
Hi all, I have a button and when pressed would like to say 'Please enter your password, once the password has been validated the rest of the macro will run. Is this possible? Neil, This a a simple way but you won't get a 'masked' password input box where the characters typed appear as *** or something else. If you want to do that then post back Sub Password() Dim Response As String Dim MyPass As String MyPass = "xxx" Response = InputBox("Enter your password") If Response <> MyPass Then MsgBox "Not Authorised" E...

How do I create a drop down menu when clicking on a button
I am in the process of designing a web site and would like to create a drop down menu from number of buttons on my Home page. The menu will only appear when you click on these buttons. You can then select which page you require from the menu options. Can this be done in Word Publisher? ...

How to set the autofill options in a column of a input data table
I have a table that is designed and saved for data input. On this table some columns sequence when auto fill is used and others just copy. I can of course use the control key to vary the autofill result but this involves using the hand that is keeping place on the paper sheet record and anyway is not a neat use of the spreadsheet. I can find no way of setting this requirement. Try using the "Right Click" and drag options. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =========================...

Disable room add rooms button in Scheduling Assistant
We are implementing a third party application (Meeting Room Manager) that uses Exchange Calendar data but maintains it's own database of conference rooms and features with enhancements over Exchange.. There is an Outlook plugin that installs, but users need to be forced to follow new calendaring/scheduling procedure and not be allowed to click on the Rooms or Add Rooms buttons in the Scheduling Assistant. We know we can hide the rooms in Exchange but are concerned this will generate calls. Have found documentation on Group Policy that willl block apps based on command bar id. ...

Print Screen Button on Form
I would like to add a button on my form to print the current screen, rather than calling a report. Any suggestions? -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M "m stroup" <mstroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2BE3825-90C6-4B1B-BCB5-585DC65CA2B8@microsoft.com... >I would like to add a button on my form to print the current screen, rather > than calling a report. Any suggestions? > -- > Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. > Pax, M Try: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint Thanks Stuart. That worked fine. -- Teach me to fish! Th...

maximum deduction per month option
many of my payroll clients are bi-weekly, but they have to withhold court-ordered garnishments or child support as a percentage of gross wages, with a monthly maximum to be withheld. A pay period maximum won't do the job. The system already collects the monthly data (we can see it in the summary windows). It would be great to have this as an option to fill in a monthly maximum. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pa...