Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #2

When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet

--
david.willis
david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14697

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
        Sheets(1).Select
    End Sub

If you're not familiar with macro, see

In article <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 david.willis <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How do I make a new paragraph and tab it without all the lines?
When I go to make a new paragraph, I hit "enter" to go a line down. I hit "tab" to indent the start of the next paragraph, and then I proceed to type. To my astonishment, the entire next paragraph is written one tab over, instead of just making one tab to begin the paragraph. I understand I could just use spacebar, or just type it in word 1st, but I just want to type it in onenote. How do I get it to act like word? ...

Tab key
The users of my database prefer to use the tab key to sequence through the fields when entering data into a form. The current sequence skips fields. How do you alter the order of sequence of the tab function. Please advise. -- How1 Answered in your previous post (4 hours earlier.) Make sure when opening the TabOrder dialog box that you have the appropriate section of your form selected, usually *Detail* -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Excel in a Tablet Question
A friend has a tablet with excel on it. He is able to draw object in excel. I wanted to used the macro recorder to record the steps he used, and it doesn't record any hand drawn operations such as drawing circles, lines, arcs. Does any one know I we can record those operations??? That would help me in writing VBA code to check the objects color and determine if it needs to be visible or invisible. Thanks, Gary You can record the selection of the completed object (Oval 5 here), and the setting of it's properties, as: Sub CheckShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 5"...

Auto macro in Excel help
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to display first and is there a method to display the current user name which updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its on a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box that auto changes without it having to be clicked. Sub logontest() Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate Dim x Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network") Dim u u = x.UserName 'up...

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

Opening with a lower version of publisher
I create a lot of Publisher documents and give them to other people in my company. I am running Publisher 2002, and a lot of them are still running 2000 and cannot open my document. Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower version in order for them to open it? or... is there an update to publisher that they can download in order to view the 2002 documents? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tara <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower > version in order for them ...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

Getting a value by comparing 2 columns
Hi, I have a mailing list that I need to create but with a specific list of customers. Cust 1 in the example, is our current customer list. Cust 2 is the list of mailing customers. How do I put the Final Cust Name in the column when Cust 1 and Cust 2 match? Cust 1 Cust Name Cust 2 Final Cust Name 123 Jon Doe Landscaping 456 456 Mary Browns Excavating 963 789 Orlando Towers Inc 1296 963 ECT Lawns 1866 1296 Spring Specialty 1581 Land & Air Landscaping 1866 KF Rentals Thanks for help! Assuming your master list is in cel...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

how do i find data in multiple sheets in excel
I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? From the Edit menu, choose "Find", click the "Options>>" button to extend the dialogbox to show the advanced options. In the "Within" dropdown list, choose "Workbook". Regards, Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Karline" wrote: > I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work > book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? Edwin's resp...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

Stacked bar chart with totals
Hi everyone, I have a stacked bar chart with 8 items associated with the stacked chart. What I want is, is there a way to get the total amount for each stack and display it at the top of each bar? Like a regular bar chart does. This would be awesome if someone has some sample code or a add-in! Thanks! From another thread - Jon wrote "Make another series that represents the totals you want to display. Add this data to the chart as a new series. At first this series will appear as a new column stacked on the rest. Select it, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Line chart...

"Open Trusted Sources"
I have a Database in Access 2000 with hyperlinks to some pdf documents. When I click in access 2k the pdf file opens very well. When I use Access XP on another machine, it always sows a Message box with a question If I want to open the file, since it is not from a trusted source. If I say Yes it opens normally. I wanted that this message didn't appear any time I try to open a file. It is very boring have to answer every time I want do see a file. I tried the macro security in low level, but it didn't work. Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks in advance Maria Joao ...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #2
never min, figured it out = -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

How do I open excel book on another computer using same excel pro
I created an excel workbook using office 2003 on my computer and when i took it to another computer using same excel prgram 2003 I could not open the book it only opened the first sheet. i emailed it to the computer and copied it to a cd and tried that. nothing worked. It should open on any machine from Excel 97 up. I would check that when you saved the workbook you did so as an 'Excel workbook' and not any of the other file types that Excel can save as, such as very old versions, csv, etc. These formats will only save a single-sheeted workbook. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft M...

frequency #2
How would I find the frequency between two values, my data is in cells c1:c470 with some empty spaces and i want to find how many of the values fall within 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9. 9-10. I tried to use the =frequency( ), but i cant get it to work correctly. Some questions for you - Do you have a range set up with the values 5 6 7 8 9 10 If not, that's what you need to do to start. Second question - did you enter the formulas as an array - i.e, committing it with Shift-Ctrl-Enter? Let's assume your list as typed above is in the range A1:A6. Select cells B1:B6 and enter =FREQUE...

Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
I just got Excel 2007. I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel. One of the fields being exported is an identifying number. It is coming accross as 2.00309e+006. I can't get it to look like a regular number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places. I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as well. Please help. Thanks, Jennifer When Excel se something like 123E5 it reads this as 123x10^5 So your identify 'number' is being read as a number not a text Any chance of changing the SSRS file so that field looks like text...

CRM 1.2 -> 3.0 Upgrade failure
Hi, I am trying to get an install of CRM 1.2 upgraded to 3.0 but am running in to some issues when I try to. The installer fails with the following warnings and errors: Warning: The indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes. Warning: Discrepancies were found in the read-only metadata. Error: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. The installer log files has the following line: 14:09:13| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. We have previously been able to upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 successfully in ...

U.S. Open Test
The U.S. Open is often described as the toughest test in golf. [url=http://www.golfsales365.com/]golf clubs for sale[/url] But our test is much easier - we just want to know what moments from the U.S. Open are your favorite memories of the tournament. Any moment, large or small, qualifies. Your favorite memory might be of attending a U.S. Open, or it might be a spectacular shot you witnessed via television, or anything in between. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...