Open multiple file cause excel to freeze

Hi all

I'm using several files each using external links to applications like
Reuters 3000 Xtra and Bloomberg.

When I open each files separatly, I'm asked to refresh the links and the
file opens without problem.

If I open two or three of this file, Excel freezes on the opening of the
last one. I have to kill the process in order to close Excel.

These files are used by many of my users, some have Reuter and Bloomberg,
some have only reuter or Bloomberg, and some have none.

Here is what I noticed : There are freezes only if the user does NOT have
Bloomberg installed, but, there is a but, not all the time (sometimes a user
without bloomberg won't freeze)

I'm guessing that the fact the Bloomberg excel add-in is not installed may
causes some problems, but that's not really a sure thing.

What I'm asking, after all this, is a way to trace why excel is freezing as
there is no definite symptoms as to why this problem appears.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Christophe Niel

PS: we are asking right now the bloomberg and reuter support to see if they
already had this problem in the past.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.