Open CSV files without auto-formatting values

Hello,

I am having difficulties while opening CSV files:

If there is value i.e "6.1" which is decimal, Excel interprets it as date =
01. June (According to regional date settings)

If there is value "16.04.07" which is actually date 2007-04-16, Excel again
converts it according to regional settings, and finally there is 2016.04.07

Is there any settings or macros available, so I can open CSV file, and treat
each column just as TEXT  ? without any auto-guessings about cell type.

Import wizard is not good solution this time. Also playing with regional
settings is not recommended.

Thanks a lot !

Andis

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If the text file is always the same, how about using the import wizard once and
recording a macro when you do it the first (and only) time.

Rename your .csv file to .txt
start a new workbook
record a macro when you open that .txt file and parse it the way you want.

Then stop recording.
And save that file with the macro in it.

The next time you need to open a file that has the same format,
You rename it to .txt
You open the workbook with the macro
you hit alt-F8 and run the macro.

--