one chart, two worksheets

I have a worksheet with 2010 data and one with 2011 data. I'd like to
make one chart where I can compare the 2 years of data. Can someone
help?
Thanks, Pat
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Manhattan Charts
Does anybody know if there is an add in etc to excel that allows you to do manhattan charts? > Does anybody know if there is an add in etc to excel that allows you to do manhattan charts? < If "manhattan charts" are a display of property prices versus distance from the waterfront, you don't need an add-in. Arrange the property prices (cost/area) in appropriate order, and create an Excel column chart. (There would be more information content if you plot cost/area versus distance using an XY (Scatter) chart, i.e., use the actual distance instead of only the ranking.) If ...

outlook on two computers??
I have outlook 2003 on my home computer and 2007 on my work computer. Can I access everything, including addresses and old mail from either location, and how? What type of mail account do you use? If exchange server,imap, or hotmail, you can access the same mailbox pretty seamlessly. Otherwise, see http://slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp for calendar and contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

One Combobox saving to several tables?
I am in WAAAAAY over my head!!! I am basically automating the training department in my unit. Here's what I need to accomplish: 22 people, approximately 75 courses. Courses are devided into three phases of training, and can fall in 'basic' for one person, 'intermediate' for another, and 'advanced' for the third. Not everyone is required all training, but if the course is listed, at least one of my 22 people need it. I created a few tables. First is Course Titles. Not sure if this one is even necessary!!! Then I created Basic Training, Intermedia...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart
Do you have any training on how to do an org chart in 2007 PowerPoint? The online training is inadequate in reference to org charts. Loved 2003 but so far hate 2007. -- Sunsen Hi I found quite a lot of info on the MS website - but you may not have found it as they have sneakily renamed org charts. They are now part of SmartArt... There is a training course here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101772971033 And SmartArt related stuff here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/CH100675761033.aspx If you have a particular question, l...

Multiple Colors on Area Charts
I would like to know if it is possible to have two different colors in the plotted area of an area chart. In the end, I would like to have the color for numbers less than 0 be one color and greater than 0 be second color. Thanks Hi Have a look at Jon's page on horizontal bands. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SarahR." <SarahR.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A77861A3-B9B7-4926-BA1F-9FBE14BE03B4@microsoft.com... >I would like to know if it is pos...

how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data who has different x
hi, i don't know how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data, they have different size. Say set_1 has x-axe from 0 - 12 with 150 intervals. Set_2 has x-axe from 0-14 with 130 intervals. How to put them into a single line chart? Make an XY chart instead. You can connect the markers with lines in both types of charts. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/07/10/line-charts-vs-xy-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank_C" <Frank_C@discussions.microsoft...

One of our big clients can not sent us email
One of our new clients can not send us email. They have no trouble sending to other clients, however all of their mail to us is rejected with the following message. This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Your message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it (the error message is reproduced below). This type of error is usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on the destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since some mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if th...

Printing worksheet #2
How do I print the colums at top and the numbered rows with the lines showing? When I try to print, it just gives me the column at top and the rest of the page is blank. "Robyn M" <Robyn M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED1A505-CCAB-4200-B5FD-3D8D72224EFE@microsoft.com... > How do I print the colums at top and the numbered rows with the lines > showing? When I try to print, it just gives me the column at top and the > rest > of the page is blank. Page Setup - Sheet - Print Row and Column Headings. -- Asking a question? Please tell us the ...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

two sets of folders?
I've just had to re-install Outlook 2002 and restore my folders and address book etc. I now have Person Folders and Outlook today (personal folders). Can anyone advise on how to remove one of these sets of folders please. "IanF" <ian@ian-billy.demon.co.uk> wrote: >I've just had to re-install Outlook 2002 and restore my folders and address >book etc. I now have Person Folders and Outlook today (personal folders). >Can anyone advise on how to remove one of these sets of folders please. > I have installed Outlook 2003, and also have two personal folders t...

VBA and Charting Named Ranges?
Our developers write out a .csv file, with row 1 being the strings for the column titles. I can read these .csv files into a worksheet, so that column 1, for example is titled "LogTime", and Column 10 is TimeOnDisk. I can create a named range for each that covers just the cells that are populated e.g.($A$2:$A$2280). I can use the Names drop-down to verify the named ranges are correct. I have to do this, because in the next release, the developers may add or delete columns of data, but have promised to keep the column names. And the number of rows varies by the number of days worth of...

Copy a page from one Publisher document to 2nd Pub.
I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different Publisher newsletter document. With the page you want to copy opened: Select All, Copy, Paste into different newsletter "stamplover" <stamplover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABD7CE1E-7FA2-4611-86D1-2146514432A1@microsoft.com... |I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different | Publisher newsletter document. ...

Printing Report for one a single record
Guys, I am having several issues here. Please be patient with me. I have a form named : Evaluation Form I have a report named : Evaluation The table is named: Evaluation What I am wanting to do is click the Print button on a form where I have entered data and print a single record off of a report that is linked to the data. I have a button named 'Print1' on the form. I have tried the code several different ways and come to different problems each time I change it. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "This will get me a ...

Searching all but one folder
I often need to search a large network drive for a filename (or part of) and it would speed up greatly if I could NOT search one particularly large directory that is used for day to day stuff. The directory I don't want to search is system generated and cannot be moved. Anyone know whether I can exclude a directory in the standard xp file search, or is there a freebie that will do it. Bear in mind it is on a network drive. Thanks for any help. Regards. Bill. Use Agent Ransack and choose ALL the folders you want to search. Bill wrote: > I often need to sear...

How to chart a series of formulas?
Hi, does anyone know how to chart a series of formulas? I currently chart cells in column C. Each cell in column C contains a formula - "=A1+B1", "=A2+B2", "=A3+B3", etc. I would like to do away with column C and just get the chart to calculate the values that are being displayed automatically. How can you do this? Thanks Marcus - Charts aren't that smart, and worksheet ranges are pretty cheap. Compute the data in the worksheet, and plot the column with the formulas. Of course, you could name your ranges (Adata and Bdata) by selecting each range, ty...

How do I set up a second y-axis on a scatter chart?
x-axis = Price from $1.30 to $1.80 left y-axis = % of ownership from 24% to 30% right y-axis = $value of deal from $x to $y How should information be displayed to set up scatter diagram with 2 y axes? I should be grateful if you would email me at suzanne@beerworth.com. Thank you Suzanne Suzanne - Plot your two series (you need at least two series before Excel will allow you secondary axes). Double click on one of them, and on the Series tab, check Secondary. This gives you by default just a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis in addition to or instead of the secondary ...

error bars on bar chart in Excel 2007
I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it allocates the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph. Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for individual error bars. I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003 but I don't have access to this version. If each bar represents the average of a set of numbers, then you can calculate the standard deviation (or other measure of dispersion) for this set of numbers. Put these ca...

Auto-Enter Data from One Sheet to Another
Help, please! I have been literally tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get this to work for over 6 months now, and I am still coming up empty. Here is what I have. Column A Column B Supplier # Supplier Name xxxxxxxx Nishikawa xxxxxxxx Johnson Controls xxxxxxxx Furukawa xxxxxxxx Honda Lock xxxxxxxx Takata Petri Etc., etc. (there are approximately 1000 different supplier numbers with corresponding supplier names). This is on one worksheet. In the same book, I have another worksheet that has a form that requires data to be entered into it...

Excel Formula using relative position of cells in two different worksheets
I want to know how a certain Excel formula would be written. Excel formulas reside in cells computing the value of the cell content. A given formula can be entered in an entire column, producing different values in each cell in the column in which the one given formula is entered. The desired formula would, based upon the distance in worksheet A of a given cell G that the desired formula resides in from a starting point cell S in worksheet A, reference a cell R in worksheet B, that is a certain distance from a starting point cell BS in worksheet B, and use the value in the referenced cell B...

Copy two aligned graphs into Word
Hello, I have two graphs, one on top of the other, that I would like to cop into a Word document just like they look in Excel. I can copy each of the graphs separetly into Word, using the followin VBA code ' Copy chart as a picture Activechart.Chart.CopyPicture _ Appearance:=xlScreen, Size:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture ' Paste chart at cursor position With wordApp .Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _ Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False End With But how to copy the two of them together just like they look in th excel sheet? Any suggestions? T...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you ...

Countif using more than one criteria.
Hello I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that greater than one date and lesser than another date and return the total number. I have tried the countif function without success. Any suggestions? Hi use SUMPRODUCT. see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shayne" <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96F58DF2-F009-43C1-9D40-9D41152BE00C@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that > greater tha...

using multipe source data to plot on one chart
I have monthly data across several years. I want to chart SOME of the months. The monthly data are in two different excel files. Can I create a chart using some source data from one file and other source data from a second file? IF the answer is that I have to use a pivot chart/table, I have tried that and the pivot chart/table seems to ONLY plot aggregate data; that is, I cannot figure out how a pivot table/chart can plot each month's data separately. THanks for any help. This works for different workbooks as well as for different worksheets: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHo...

data validation not working on one sheet
Excel 2003 I have a series of cells using a Named Range for a data validation list. Until yesterday it worked fine. Now it doesn't work. The cell, list, range is all the same. I've done the Edit/Goto/Special/Data Validation/All and it highlights the right cells. I also tried to set up something very simpl: A1,2,3 have values aa,bb,cc. I then set up b2 for data validation, list, and drag the range over a1,2,3. Error alert is checked. Click on b2 and no drop down. You can key in anything you want. On all other worksheets data validation works just fine. Anybody have any...