ODBC Data Source - Excel 2010

Hi all

OK, I'm working mucho in the dark here, cos I don't understand what has been
setup and working happily for a number of years.

We have Great Plains accounting system into which has been linked a cost
control excel spreadsheet.
With our existing clients (running XP and Excel 2003), accessing this
spreadsheet has not been an issue...
Create an ODBC link under System DSN Tab to the SQL (Great Plains) database
and the spreadsheet loads and refreshes etc no problem.

I am now trying to repeat this procedure on a Windows 7 (64 bit) client
running Excel 2010.
The following problems are encountered:

Excel found unreadable content in Cost Control Sheet.xls.  Do you want to
recover the content of the workbook?  If you trust the source click yes."
On clicking Yes .......  "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or
removing content"

 "Repairs were made to "PivotTable1" on [Cost Control Sheet.xls]Cost Control
Sheet."

"Repairs were made to "PivotTable1" on [Cost Control Sheet.xls]Cost Control
Sheet PO Cost."

 Also, a separate alert message was received with the header "Select Data
Source"

This gave two tab options either File Data Source or Machine Data Source (no
system data source was presented).

So I don't understand why the Excel sheet should be noted as unreadable - I
have since accessed the spreadsheet using an XP client without issues.

And I don't understand why the Select Data Source dialog was presented or
why the System DSN entry appears to have been ignored.

Anyone shed light on any of this please?

Thanks

Phil

0
phil9909 (36)
3/14/2011 9:57:12 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Data migration - Adventure Works

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...