Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???

hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have
about 66 - is that possible?

Thanks.
Maria

--
mariasa
mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yes

I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously
depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be
getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to
try it! Depending what you wish to do it is often easier to have all the
data on one sheet and sort or lookup or filter to get what you require
rather than having to reference seperate sheets, but the choice is
yours!

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27107

thanks for the clarification dave!!!!

best,
Maria

--

mariasa Wrote:
> hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have
> about 66 - is that possible?
>
> Thanks.
> Maria
The most is 256.
OverAC

--
OverAC
OverAC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32396

thanks for the exact number OverAC.

Kind Regards,
Maria

--
mariasa
mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656

The actual number depends on how much available memory you have.

mariasa wrote:

> thanks for the exact number OverAC.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Maria
>
> --
> mariasa
> mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656

--

Dave Peterson
0

Deleting Phantom Lines in Excel
I am finding phantom lines when I print. They are not in the file and don't show up on the print preview. Please help ...

How do I retrieve a lost product key number.
I lost my product key code number and I want install my microsoft office publisher into my lap top, how would I go about recovering my product key code number? All positive consideration will be appreciated. mhaighirtis wrote: > I lost my product key code number and I want install my microsoft > office publisher into my lap top, how would I go about recovering my > product key code number? > > All positive consideration will be appreciated. ================================= Belarc Advisor will create a system profile that may include the key. (doesn't work for all versi...

Excel Startup Error
Whenever I double click on my Excel icon I get a message that `C:\Program files\Microsoft office\office 10\library\mobiledb.xla can not be found. I tap on the OK button and immediately go into Excel but this error notice is getting on my last nerve! I've searched and sure enough it's not on my computer. I was looking for an Excel.ini file so that I could remove Excel's search for this bogus file but I can't figure it out. Any help would be wonderful as I'm tired of looking at this useless error. Thanks in advance, Mick I think it is the Palm database add-in. Have yo...

How to create item price list based on account number
Dear Wise People, Please forgive me but even though I have been working with Great Plains for a couple of years now, I am only now introducting myself to Report writing. I am trying to create a report that will produce Item Price List information based on Account number. In other words, instead of restricting by price level, I want to restrict by Account number (customer number) and then join from the price level on the Account Master to the item price list information and from that produce the Item Price List report. Is there a table already existing in GP which shows the price level...

Re: Percentage of a number formula
Hello, I would like help with producing a SQL statement in Access that will take a number and divide it by another and multiple it by 100 to get a percent amount. I would like to do this in a query. For instance, I have created a query that give me the TOP 10 Institutions where the most people attend. Therefore, I know how many people are attending each Institution. Now, I want to know what percentage of that number makes up the total count for all students in all institutions. Can you please help me with this forumla? Thank you. TL In addition, I would like to know how do you make i...

what are Headquarters limits when it comes to number of stores??
Does anybody know what the "theoretical" limits of headquarters are? A retail chain has aksed us if they can run 150+ locations. I don't see any limits if we wanted to run that many store operations, but the problem we see is when we have this many stores and how do we centralize with Headquarters. If Headquarters IS limited, what are some possible solutions and workarounds? Tony, Theorectically there are no limits with HeadQuarters, but with 150+ locations you may want to rethink having one central HQ. Having Regional HQ Locations may be a better bet, easier to manage ...

Updating "Master" Excel Worksheet
I'm in a national law enforcement association with over 10k members. We keep our national membership records in Access. Replication would be wonderful tool, but not a lot of the chapters have Access, but most of the members have Excel. We would like to send each chapter their membership info in an Excel worksheet for them to update and then return to us to update our national records without changing each entry by hand. I'm not sure if this is an Access or Excel question, or maybe both, but is there a way to do this using the automated features? I'll be eternally grateful...

opening excel from intranet ie6.0
I have a number of excel files I wish to share between multiple users. I can give them access to these files via our Intranet using Internet Explorer 6.0. My problem is that the excel files open up inside the browser, not in excel. I want user to click on the file in the Intranet IE6.0 and for the file to open in the Excel application (Excel 2000). Any ideas / help welcome. Thanks Paddy ...

automate 2dline with marker chart generation
In generating line charts with markers, I can change the color of the markers, but not the marker lines and series lines. The VBA code for the markers is: .SeriesCollection(1).Select With Selection .MarkerStyle = xlDiamond .MarkerSize = 9 End With .SeriesCollection(1).Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 200, 25) What are the references for the marker lines and the lines between the series points? Excel 2007 Chart Format markers and point line segments. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/10_31_09a.xlsm the "Herbert Sei...

Excel messes my data up
Hi, I am trying to run vlookup for about 5K cells from range of 20k cells. Now the problem is that some of the cells include only numbers and some both numbers and letters, like AB11002. I also have empty spaces on the data so I have to run trim on both data before running vlookup. Just after trimming both data vlookup runs correctly, but if I "touch" any cell containing only numbers excel propably converts it to number and at this point excel don't think those two cells that before was equal are equal any more. So how in the earth I could convert my mixed data in the format e...

how to change range for dynamic chart in excel 2000 with button?
i need a help please. i have problem in excel chart. i add data to the table. and then if i want to update my chart i need to change the range too, isn't it? is there any solution for that? i've already use dynamic chart. but it always show data from Jan04 till Jan05. If I add Feb05 it will change from Feb04 to Feb05. what about if i want to see Dec03 till Dec04? is there any command or something else like using macro or vb? thank you in advance.. ivan Ivan, You should be able to set the dynamic chart to show just about any range you want. These articles should help: http://pu...

Excel book #2
Witch is the best excel book? marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Depends upon where you start from, and what you want to achieve. Check out John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible as a start. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "marquetta kayes" <marquetta.kayes@livepharm.com> wrote in message news:1a5c7$42e4a746$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com... > Witch is the best excel book? > > marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Considering you can get it delivered to your inbox, free, you might want to try MrExcel's new book. http://www...

Excel Formatting #3
I want to know how to format rows into even columns. For example, my spreadsheet has 160 rows that I would like to format into 3 even columns across a landscape page. Can anyone tell me how this is done? ...

Excel into Word
I have an Excel document that has a column for each section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there any way for this to be put into block format in Word to print out an address list? Thanks! May work with a mail merge in word - that will read a excel spreadsheet "Jeni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13ce001c3f7e3$cdfde030$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel document that has a column for each > section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there > any way for this to be put into block format in Word to > print out a...

Excell
How do I change font colour in a footer?? There are options to change the font, size, underline etc but not colour... Can anyone help? You can't change the font colour in a footer. If you really need coloured text, you could print just the footer using Word, then print the Excel file onto those pages. Or, if you have Excel 2002, you can insert a coloured picture into the footer, so you could create a graphic with the text, and insert that. cinabar wrote: > How do I change font colour in a footer?? > > There are options to change the font, size, underline etc > but not...

Phone Numbers for Access MVPS
Id' like to start posting phone numbers for Access MVPs; that way if you need help with Access then you can go ahead and call them I found his address and phone number at zabbasearch.com TOM G WICKERATH 15851 12TH PL BELLEVUE, WA 98008 (425) 562-8913 I will post more soon oh and here is the contact info for Tony Toews, right?? http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=anthony%20toews&state=ALL&ref=%24ref&se=%24se&doby=&city=&name_style=1 I love this website; this is so helpful-- now we can CALL our favorite MVP whenever we have a problem with Acce...

Unable to open excel file #2
Hi. I have problem openning an excel file from windows explorer or from my desktop. However, when I open the excel program and open a file manually(File-Open----) everything works fine. I get an error message that the file could not be located. I noticed that it adds .xls to every word separated by space. For example: My file is in C:/Shared/Folder/test.xls, it tries to open: C:/Shared.xls then Folder.xls then test.xls Please help. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! I think the steps below will solve this problem: 1. Exit Excel 2. From the Startmenu, cli...

Want to add lot numbers
We have changed our paperwork flow, so now I have the manufacturing lot codes available when I invoice my customer. Is there a way I can attach the lot code to the particular line of an invoice in GP 9.0? Thanks, Phil ------=_NextPart_0001_81876982 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Phil, Thank you for your question today. Can you tell me where in Great Plains you see these codes? I'm not familiar with your terminology so if you tell me where you see them I'll be able to determine if they are something that can be put on the SOP invoice. Angela...

Macros in Excel #5
How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is selected in another dropdown box? You could record a macro of your changing the validation list. However, you can do it without a macro using the technique here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <558CC81E-4F2C-4A4C-B9A6-0B8E533722D2@microsoft.com>, "alhawtin" <alhawtin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is > selected in another dropdown box? ...

Converting from Excel to text w/o quotes (" ")
When converting from excel to tab delimited text format, The text file automatically padded with open & end quotes ( " ") if any of the cell has a comma (,). Is there any way to convert to text w/o the quotes i.e. to reflect exactly what it is in excel? Apprecaite your Advice. Thank you The quotes come from having characters in the cells that could be misinterpreted (i.e. commas, slashes, ?'s). There's a "great" knowledge base article on microsoft's website that I've never gotten to work properly. Instead, I used a program called text-write at: ...

Need to add Section Letters after page numbers in my footers
I need to add a section (i.e. SB) after the page number in my footer so it will show up in my TOC. How do I do that? There is no way to do exactly what you want in Word. The best you can do is insert the numbering from Word's heading styles (see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm) or from SEQ fields (see the "Adding chapter numbering" section of the article at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Barbados56" <Barbados56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:657...

How can I get Positive values only from the random number generat.
I am generating a random group of numbers using Excel's add-in "Random Number Generator". I am using the normal distribution, but I want positive values only. I know that the test I am doing will work with the negative values I have generated, because the mean/stdev are correct. However, the activity for which the numbers are associated can never be negative, so my presentation will be less effective. Any ideas? You could use the randbetween function and specify a positive range i.e. =Randbetween(1,10000000) HTH Jimbola "Markw3700" wrote: > I am gene...

Excel VBA
I have been able to get a button that inserts rows but also need th formula in the new row to copy from the row moved. Below is my code for inserting rows. What would I add to have th formulas across the row to copy to the new row?? Sub Macro4() Range("TotalRev").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Range("COGS").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert End Sub Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com David McRitchie has some code you can steal at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm &...

EXCEL #152
excel BIBBYBIBBER - Nov 18, 9:41 am When I enter a number in a newly opened fresh spreadsheet the number is automatically divided by 10.0. When I enter a number below 1.0 this effect does not occur. I have used Excel for over 8 years and never have experienced this phenomenon, it is driving me crazy. Can someone please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck Fixed decimal -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "BIBBYBIBBER" <ALANFREDERICKA@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:1132328918.399314.137500@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > excel > B...

Can not get Excel macros to format/save charts--help??? :(((((
Help??:((( I've spent the last 5 days searching on this forum for problems similar to what I have but no luck! I am trying to use Excel macro to create a simple bar chart and to format the chart type/etc...but the macro keeps erroring when I try to run it. The debug points to " ' Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" run time error 1004. No matter what I name the chart, it errors. I'm advanced at Excel but not editing macros with VB. I'm at my wits end and hope that someone can help me :(( Hi, You do not set the Activechart ob...