Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???

hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have
about 66 - is that possible?

Thanks.
Maria

--
mariasa
mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yes

I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously
depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be
getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to
try it! Depending what you wish to do it is often easier to have all the
data on one sheet and sort or lookup or filter to get what you require
rather than having to reference seperate sheets, but the choice is
yours!

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27107

thanks for the clarification dave!!!!

best,
Maria

--

mariasa Wrote:
> hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have
> about 66 - is that possible?
>
> Thanks.
> Maria
The most is 256.
OverAC

--
OverAC
OverAC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32396

thanks for the exact number OverAC.

Kind Regards,
Maria

--
mariasa
mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656

The actual number depends on how much available memory you have.

mariasa wrote:

> thanks for the exact number OverAC.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Maria
>
> --
> mariasa
> mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656

--

Dave Peterson
0

Got to put workbook on a diet!
I'm down to Row 8899 and out to Col AB on the front (data) sheet. It's got about 9,000 hyperlinks in it. Sheets 2 and 3 are pages with different search functions on them: one searches the data sheet and one searches through all the Word docs the hyperlinks point to. The last sheet is a "banner page" with a MsgBox that pops up only if they have macros enabled. Click OK, it hides that sheet and lets you see the data. The whole file saves at about 7.7 meg. The problem is that it takes a long time to open, especially on some of the slower computers (Pentium 100, anyone?). I...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

Seach Find txt file or close workbook in workbook_open()
After I click the excel file, I want to search a specific text file in a specific folder. If the text file is not in that folder, I want workbook to close. I tried below, but it did not work. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ............ With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = Filename .SearchSubFolders = False .TextOrProperty = "tftougpq" .FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles If .Execute > 0 Then ThisWorkbook.Close End If End With ...... ...... End Sub So you want to search the same folder for a text file with a par...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

excel #31
We have a workbook that is used by a number of people on our network. Whenever I update this the updates do not show when people open the file. Can anybody help me ensure that the updated version shown. Save to a central folder where all users will have access to only that modified file. Sounds like they are opening their own version of the file so don't see your changes. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 06:50:01 -0700, Joy29 <Joy29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a workbook that is used by a number of people on our network. >Whenever I updat...

What is the maximum no of bytes that can be stored in a excel file
what is the maximun of bytes that can be stored in a excel file I am trying to save records from another Quest TOOL called (TOAD) into MS- Excel. Please let me know. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thank -- prekid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prekida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39879 The limit on bytes depends on your computer's RAM. The max number of rows Excel can have is 65536 and the max number of columns is 256....

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Acrobat pdf form and Excel XML
Hello everyone, I have written a spreadsheet for some data and a chart to display that data. The data is over a two week period for shifts worked, sick leave days and overtime shifts. This is for administration staff to process. The next step was I wrote a pdf form in Lifestyle designer. The form has a layout for a two week period, the dates and columns for the information to be put in by the supervisor. Then there is a button on it for the supervisor to email the XML data to admin staff. The spreadsheet and pdf form work well. It is a problem I have with the XML data. Once the orig...

EXCEL IQY Queries
I have created the Excel iqy queries from the third party reporting tools and during the process there is an option either to pass the User Login id and Pass word as a parameter or not. We have developed some queries using generic id so that the users do not have to pass the Login id and password and now we want to change that. Is there a way to modify that excelquery.iqy file without redoing that. can i see the sql script of that "iqy" file. can i modify that? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!! ...

Sparklines for Excel
Hi NG, Sparklines are tiny charts, a new invention of the info design guru Edward Tufte. You might be interested to check out our sparkline implementation for Excel: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Products_SparkLiner_Overview.html MicroCharts enhances your Excel chart library with sparklines, bullet graphs and other in-cell charts: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/ChartGallery%20Column%20Charts.html Charts are created from MicroCharts fonts that consist of bars, line segments and pies. A chart is represented as text that is formatted with the MicroCharts fonts. Dynamic chart formulas u...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Opening/Saving an Excel Attachement
After opening an attachment in Excel or Word the default folder that it saves to is a temp folder in the local settings. How can you change this to default to the users my documents. Remember we have opened these documents from an email. ...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

>> Stop sharing a workbook
Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its design. I have tried to use the method described in online help to turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox, respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains shared and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the checkbox to allow changes by others is still ticked/checked. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Thanks Jonathan I can't reproduce this in Excel 2002, and I can't find anything about it in the MS Knowledge Base. On Mon, 18 O...

Excel looking in wrong place for files
Hi, sometime ago I merged 2 partitions using PM8, and I was asked for a folder name, so I called My docs or something like that, and that folder was created on the said partition. Now when I go to open up a new file in excel it defaults to My Docs. So I formatted that partition changed all references in the Registry, rebooted and still excel is looking for new files in the wrong place. In fact the 'My Docs' folder no longer exists, so is there somewhere in Excel I can change its 'where to look' place? Thanks -- Bob H Leeds UK http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ContemporaryGifts4U...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Excel 2002 File Extensions
I created a drawing in Excel 2002 and I want to be able to save it in a file extension such as .jpg, .gif or .png so I can use it in Dreamweaver MX2004. I do not see any way to SAVE AS any file at ALL in those file extensions. Am I NOT able to do that? and if not, WHY not? Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful. Richard... Just try to copy/paste it on power point, it have with the right-click the save as picture option. I was unable to find the option directly on excel, however as excel and power point are from microsoft, you should not lose anything when you paste in on PP....

How do I search for a telephone number in Contacts
How do I search for a telephone number in a sub-folder of Contacts? When I try a search for a number, that I know is there, it comes up blank. Regards, Peter Ledden ...

cells changing from number to date
I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/?? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com... > I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous > cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? ...

Number lock key on the computer key pad
Hi, I have come across a weird situation with respect to number lock key. Before the transaction I make sure that the number lock key is ON, then I scan few items, and after I finish the transaction I find the number lock key is automatically turned off. So on next transaction I have to manually turn it on to punch the tender amount. I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the key pad, resetting the scanner, but none helps. Has anyone else encountered this condition, and is there any fix for that? Thanks, Vaidehi Vaidehi, Never seen it happen. Here's a link to always tur...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...