Not Enough System Resources... When Opening Excel

One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel:

Not enought system resources to display completely.

She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet.

This is on XP with SP2 and all updates
Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3

The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture
program.

I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Dave
0
DSmith1 (22)
9/28/2006 3:32:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Nope. Close Excel and then go find a file called *.xlb and delete it - You
may have to search in hidden files and folders.  It's the toolbar
customisation file and is prone to corruption in 2000.

Relaunch Excel and it will create another one whenever you make any changes
to the toolbars.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"D Smith" <DSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel:
>
> Not enought system resources to display completely.
>
> She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet.
>
> This is on XP with SP2 and all updates
> Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3
>
> The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture
> program.
>
> I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel.
>
> Any other thoughts or suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave

0
ken.wright (2489)

Excel 2003 Problem
I had office 2003 installed in a system running XP Professional. I login to the domain with the domain user name and password and was able to work with my office. The other day i changed my domain machine but with the same domain name. But when i log in back with the domain user name i have problems with the the office suite. Outlook doesn't open at all. Office and excel asks the name when u open the document or excel sheet every time. I couldnt find a soultion. I even reinstalled the office suite, now i am able to open the outlook , word and excel, but each time a small window ope...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

downloading excel and word
i would like to download microsoft excel and word to my pc, and i search download sites and i could not find any? i would like to download for free. anyone can help me on this thank you Sorry mate, You can't have them for free, they are commercial products sold at a price (or noone would have heard of Bill Gates!). Even if you managed to get them for free, it would be illegal!!! There's other stuff out there you can get for free, like Open Office, that will do most of what Excel and Word do, at least for the average user (and with file compatibility). Nikos "yaman" <...

Stock prices in Excel?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Folks, Can I set up excel so that it downloads and displays the current stock price for a certain stock every time I open the document or refresh? I want to use my own workbook, and I'm looking for a free solution, although I might consider an inexpensive add-on. Thanks!! Yes, Excel will do that. Pop over to the Excel forum and they will explain how: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?product=Excel&app=1 On 30/03/08 6:22 AM, in article ee969b4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

Help for Excel Chart problem
Hi I have a little problem. I have to prepare audience profile for some TV Channels using dimensions age, sex, monthly income and education. I want to combine metric - age and income in one chart and non metric - sex and education in other. So I dont know which chart to use. I think the most appropriate is the bubble chart (more I have the penetration as a bubble size). But I cannot think how to dispose the dimensions and data. Example: Channel 1 Age 12-18 30 % 19-34 20% 35-64 35% 64+ 15% Sex Male - 48% Female - 52% So I need to positioning this channel and compare with ot...

Logarithmic graphs in Excel
Hello! I have some Excel data that lists the United States' Gross Domestic Product for each year from 1890 to 2000. The data looks like this: 1890 260.42 1891 271.87 1892 298.51 .... 1998 8495.65 1999 8848.225 2000 9156.6 I wanted to turn this data into a groovy looking line graph, so I tried using Excel's built-in Chart Wizard, but the resulting graph looks WAY too much like an exponential curve (not to mention the fact that it really doesn't all that good), so I want to turn it into a logarithmic graph. How can I accomplish this? Double click the Y axis, and on the Sca...

Printing Doubel-sided in Excel
Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR C3220 (PS3 driver) or is this a feature not supported by Excel. Hi Anthony This is a printer setting. If your printer have this option it must work Another option is to do it with code http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Anthony Spartalis" <anthony_spartalis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORn5khavFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR ...

Big problem with Excel 97
Excel 97 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 After I create a new file and save it, it takes a very long time (about 30 seconds) to close the file. I am working with lots of Excel files and it's intolerable. Please help me with this. Thanks. ...

Total in every Page in Print-out in Excel
Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in th foote -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi This is a builtin feature in Excel since...some time! See View, Header and Footer You should come up with &[Pages] in your footer HTH Cordially Pascal "elmergev >" <<elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in the > footer > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Open a formView on buttom Clicked
Hi, I learn visual c++, and I have made an example with the IDE environnement,( MFC exe). I add a buttom and I want when the buttom is clicked, open an other formview that I created in my projet with the IDE Insert FromView etc .. I do not know how make, can you help me ? Thank Daniel "Daniel" <Daniel@free.fr> wrote in message news:44545bc9$0$23024$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I learn visual c++, and I have made an example with the IDE > environnement,( MFC exe). > I add a buttom and I want when the buttom is clicked, open an other > formview that I c...

"Open With" issue when right-clicking a file
When I right-click on a GIF image (or mp4 file--that's another example) and select "Open With," QuickTime Player appears twice! Listed as choices are Internet Explorer, QuickTime Player, Paint, MS Digital Image Suite, QuickTime Player (again!), Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5. What could be wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks and Happy New Year. If QuickTime is the default in both cases, simply open QT and deselect these file types, as applicable. You'll find this option in the Preferences section. "saganized" &l...

Excel help #3
Hi, Two questions. First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of changing the source so that when you produce a pivot table, the months are in order. And, when you concatenate and join a surname and first name together, how do you then separate them ? Thanks "Gary Newman" <gary.newman@adecco.co.uk> wrote in message news:09f501c39882$44084930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Two questions. > First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of > changing the source so that when you produce a pivot > table, the months are in order. > &g...

PowerPoint 2007 with EXCEL Chart
Good afternoon, Thanks in advance. I hope I am in the correct group since this is both an Excel and PPT question - I created a Spreadsheet with 10 tabs, on each tab there is one fairly simple chart with a secondary axis that show a % for one column. I have the chart with format looking correct in Excel, and copy / paste to a corresponding slide in ppt. Sometime, not all of the time the format changes especially on the secondary axis, it goes to a decimal value. A lot of the time the data labels will be missing from the columns as well. Not sure what I am missing, USUALLY ...

Open a new sheet?
How can I get Excel to automatically open a new sheet in the sam workbook using the exact same sreadsheet that I have created wit formulas and all.? In doing that, I want excel to take the value i each sheet of cell A3 and automatically put it into cell A1 of the ne sheet. Thanks in advance. Mile -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27674 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfu...

MYOB to Excel
Is there an Excel expert out there that also knows MYOB? I am trying to produce CATEGORY reports in the MYOB program that will show the previous year's details alongside the Current Year's Selected Period and Year To Date columns. ie The column headings should be: Account# Account Name Selected Period Year To Date Last Year's Selected Period Last Year's Year To Date. MYOB does export to Excel but MYOB can't produce such a report and I wonder if someone has already produced a workbook that would manipulate the exported data to produce a report in the manner descri...

Tracking opens and clickthroughs in CRM
Hello, This is a multipart question that relates to CRM as well as general computer/internet knowledge... I send out flyers designed in correlDraw and other desktop publishing software. My first question is can I send a mass mailing to selected leads and customers from CRM with the flyer EMBEDDED in the email, not as an attachment? If its possible how is this accomplished? Secondly, there are many services out there that allow you to design an html flyer and send it out via the web using their email (www.constantcontact.com). Once the flyer is sent out they can track how many pe...

Benefits of Using Excel for Accounting
Hello � What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose? What ar the remarkable features will help me in accounting? Thank you, Kat -- ilovetak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ilovetako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47123 You may be better served by buying software specifically intended for accounting. On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:36 -0500, ilovetako <ilovetako.1w1fqb_1127858703.7289@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Excel Postcode list to map
Hi, Sorry if you've already had this on the "misc" group but no reply:- I have a list of UK Postcodes in a Spread Sheet in Column A, and a List of Date/Times in Column B. I'd like to plot these on a map so that lines are drawn to show show the route in time order. Does anyone know of an excel addon, programme or website that will allow me to do this from a worksheet? -- Rich http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-lardos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-kolymbia.co.uk "Rich" <rich@richdavies.com> wrote in message news:0HhHo.35263$sK1.32443@newsfe21.i...

Excel 2002
When I open a one of my files it opens two files of the same name but with a different number on the end. E.G. the file name is "Past Players:1" and the other file name is Past Player:2, the original name is Past Players without the number. At the moment I have downloaded the trial of 2007 where the problem has been fixed, but at the end of the trial I don't want to pay for 2007 as I am a pensioner and can't afford the upgrade. You have somehow enable a New Window view. In XL 2003 this if done with Window | New Window In XL2007 it is done with New Window on the View t...

open and save as... buttons
I don't know exactly when it started but my Open and Save As.. buttons do not display the dialogue boxes. I have removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and applied all updates from MS. Current anti-virus has been used and scans show no viruses. No error messages are displayed. Shortcut keys do not work either. I can open an excel spreadsheet from explorer but cannot save any changes. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff ...

resource report
I am trying to make a assignment report of To Do List inside of a resource pool, but (after I choose the resource)when I press select it says there is no data to be printed, even though I can see there is a lot of data! I think this is the best report I could do it to show my resources their tasks as I don't have a Project server! Any help?? Txs Silene Hi. In a Resource Pool, only the Resource Usage View shows assignment data. The task usage does not because the pool has no tasks. Try the Resource Usage View and see how you go. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP ...

Excel program #5
How do I format 1000 lines odd or even cell rows simultaneously using pattern texture, i can do the individual rows to format using pattern texture but not 100 or 1000 lines Try something like the following Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For RowNdx = 1 To LastRow Step 2 Rows(RowNdx).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next RowNdx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "gill santiago" <gill santiago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB...

Icons built in to startup of Excel 2000
I have a program called Crystal Reports. It somehow throws a seagate icon onto my excel 2000 worksheet on a separate toolbar. I want this icon to go onto another toolbar or a pull down menu. How do I do this? I have contacted Wind2 support (they have tech support for Crystal Reports/Seagate. They say I have to contact Microsoft. I can drag the icon to another tool bar, but when I restart Excel, it goes back where it was. Try Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog box) Now hit ctrl and drag the icon to your location of choice. But it might not help with the other toolbar. Depe...

A little bug in my macro about time (excel 2007)
Hello, I'm a senior computeruser from Belgium and I've made a macro where you can only see the time but there is a little bug in it. That bug shows up when I use my macro for the second time in a other cell. When I used it for the second time, the cell where I used my macro for the first time changes into the same time of the cell where I used my macro for the second time. This is how I made my macro: - I wrote in my formulebox --> =Nu()-Vandaag() [translation --> =Now()...