Not allow entering repeated references in a column - HOW? #5

Frank,
If you don�t mind ... I will send it  :) .
As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is
ssouritinha@sapo.pt
Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file.
Thanks,
Ritinh

--
ritinh
ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

columns in RMSSO
Hi There, Is it possible to change the columns on the forms ?? For example: Receiving po contains: Type, Item Lookup Code, Reorder Number, Description, OtyOrd, QtyRTD, QtyRcv, Cost, Price, NewPrice, Extended We need: Item Lookup Code, Description, MPQ, Price, BinLocation We need to modify few other forms as well. I think I've seen that in one of the add-ons while ago, but I cant remember which one was it and I'm not 100% sure if I really did. Thanks, Arthur ...

forwarded email repeats
In Outlook 2007 if I forward an email to 3 recipients, each recipient gets 3 copies, and so on. Anyone struck this phenomenon? -- Grimwadec Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

NT/ Exchange 5.5 - No PST's
Hello all quick question. We have NT servers with Exchange 5.5 running for internal only and are looking at doing away with PST and converting all users over to running off the mail server itself at the same time we are looking at no longer using a tape backup solution but either that of another drive offsite or some type of removeable hot swap typedrive. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what to backup now that we will no longer be using .pst's and if there is anything special needed for exchange. I have yet to find anything concrete even looking at MS site. ...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

MSCRM Opportunity's to allow price override and write in products
The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price list values as per the quote functions. Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity functionality. This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products to suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list items ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Reference column question
Setting up a tabulation speadsheet,has 40 rows and 10 columns.Question is when I do my formula which is a subtraction for each column,I want to use a refernce # from the first row of each column =Sum(F1-D3)=SUM (G1-D3)and so to=Sum(P1-D3)Rather than enter each manually,because cut and paste adds 1 to each column how can I get to use f1 as reference for that column G1 for that column.Thanx If I understand correctly, try putting a $ in front of the row reference. Also, sum is not necessary for what you are doing. =F$1-D3 as you copy that down it becomes =F$1-D4 copied across to the ri...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

Windows Mail won't allow me to sign in with correct Usr/pass
I'm having a problem connecting to my windows mail. I have it set up throught my wow account but today i had to reset my password so that i could check my email. now it will now allow me to log in i keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please c...

All Columns are not to move
How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? -- Roger On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns are "moving"? How? John W. Vinson [MVP] Good evening John, I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor to any other cell and scroll to the rig...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

PA Cost Categories should allow multiple transaction usage types
When creating new cost categories, in a real life project accounting or job cost environment, most clients don't want all their cost categories to be different. You should be able to say when setting up a cost category that you want that cost category to be able to be used as a Timesheet AND Purchases/Materials, you should be able to pick one or many of the usage types. I currently have a client that had to implement 2 million cost categories to get around this product limitation and there is not one good business reason why the software wouldn't allow this! Please place this...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...

Admin Problem from 5.5 to 2k3 Exchange
We just migrated all of our email boxes to Exchange 2k3 from Exchange 5.5. Now our administrators can't look at any of the users outlook information unless they are given the rights from that users. Before the administrators could look at the persons information and remove or help the people with problems and questions if need be. How can our Administrators gain access to these exchange boxes again? There are several articles out there on this. In E2K3, domain admins and enterprise admins are explicitly denied this access. There are work arounds. try this: http://www.winnetma...

How to get total "conditional sum of cells" in a column?
Hi all, I have dollar amounts in one col, and status in another. I want the sum of those dollar amounts where the corresponding status cell is empty (blank). How do I do this? Thanks for any hints, cdj Status in Column A and dollar amounts in Column B: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="")*B2:B100) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bc08584b-1338-4b3f-8ab3-cc3e1602e581@n1g2000prb.go...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

Problem with external data and #reference error
Hi, my Excel workbook has 2 sheets: 1. Source: with an external data reference to a MS Access database Query property "If number of rows changes after refresh" is set to option #1: "Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells" User chooses external query selection criteria and therefore can have different result sets. 2. Target: Formular B4: =Source!P5 Formular B5: =Source!P6 Formular B6: =Source!P7 Problem: When Source has data in rows 5, 6 and 7 formular gets calculated correctly. If Source row #5 has data and #6 and ...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Outlook 97 #5
upgraded motherboard i receive error message,"Msoeres.Dll. cannot be found outlook express may not be installed correctly This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

cash flow #5
How do I add a new item to the cash flow projection so that it appears as a "trended item?" For example, I have a category in my budget (Food: Groceries) and I would like that item to appear in my cash flow forecast and I want the amount to be based on past trends. ...

Send email using Ctrl-Enter?
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. Any ideas? TIA. /Ankan (remove x to reply) "Ankan" <redzingox@home.se> wrote in message news:ekdtJPS$EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. > > My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. > In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. > Any ideas? In Outlook, open its help and search on "keyboard shortcuts" ...