Not allow entering repeated references in a column - HOW? #4

Hi Frank,
- BEFORE entering the formula in the data validation dialog, I�v
selected the cells from A1 to A25
- which values? well ... I�ve tried numbers (2,3, ..) just to certif
if it was working ... & once I�ve typed the first number ... the erro
message appeared.

Thanks for your time,
Ritinh

--
ritinh
ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
if you like email me your file and I'll have a look at it

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ritinha wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> - BEFORE entering the formula in the data validation dialog, I�ve
> selected the cells from A1 to A25
> - which values? well ... I�ve tried numbers (2,3, ..) just to certify
> if it was working ... & once I�ve typed the first number ... the
error
> message appeared.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Ritinha

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Totalling Columns
I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. No matter what form I take I can't achieve this. Can anyone help, please. TIA Ed Hi Ed: In the merged cell {B23-C23} enter the formula: =SUM(B2:B22)-SUM(C2:C22) -- Gary's Student "Ed O'Brien" wrote: > I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and > C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. > > No matter what form I take I can't...

Diagnosing Repeated CHKDSK Errors
Hello all! We have a variety of servers running Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2. On two -- and only two -- of them we are having a problem with chkdsk repeatedly finding errors with the file system. We have an automated script that runs a read-only chkdsk on each of our servers on a daily basis as a precautionary measure, due to file system corruption we experienced once in the past. On most of our servers, it routinely finds no problems. However, on these two, it repeatedly finds errors. When it does, we will take the server offline and run a full chkdsk allowing it to fix the...

word to excel #4
The problem with using excel is that most of the staff don�t have it an the one that do panic :confused: , they are not a very IT focused grou (understatement of the year) -- over_worked_Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- over_worked_Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27149 ...

how do I make the first three rows repeat on top of every page?
I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200 rows long. I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper. I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of each new page that gets printed. So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows before continuing with the row sequence? Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o) Thanks for any help. StardustDave. Hi Dave Have a look at Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to repeat box HTH Michael "StardustDave" wrote: > I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide...

Reference Grouped Objects Using VBA
Hello I have grouped four charts, three text boxes (from the control toolbox) and a rectangle. Prior to grouping, the code I had to update the axes on both charts and text for the text boxes worked fine. After grouping the objects the code fails. How do you reference a specific object contained in a group? If Shp is a grouped shape then Shp.GroupItems(2) references the second shape in the group -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware .. "BJ" <bradley.john@westrac.com.au> wrote in message Hello I have grouped four charts, three text ...

Searching for Alt-Enter in a worksheet
Hi, I have a .csv file im trying to convert to .wk4, but one of the problems I'm having is one of the fields is a address field where the user before used "alt-enter" to create multi line address in one cell. Is there any way I can search and replace all the "alt-enter" characters and replace them with commas. Highlight that column, CTRL-H, then: Find What: CTRL-J Replace With: , (<comma><space>) Click Replace All You might need to turn off Wrap Text, by going to Format | Cells | Alignment tab. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 19...

Opening Publisher Files #4
I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks!!! While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Winnie <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have > Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? Try asking the person who sent you the file to do a File > Save As... > Publisher 2000. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

copy only unhide columns
Dear Sir/Madam, I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden column and paste them into a new workbook. Regards, sea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sean, Select your columns even the hidden ones. then press F5 click on "special" then click on visible cells only then do your copy and pasting. Regards, Cesar zapata seanyeap < wrote: > Dear Sir/Madam, > I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden columns > and paste them into a new workbook. > > Regards, > sean > > > --- > Message ...

Last Value in a Column when Value <> 0
Hi, can someone provide me a formula that populates a cell with the last value in a column that does not = 0? Below is an example 3 6 7 0 0 0 The goal is to populate a cell with the value of 7. I am currently using the below formula that populates the last value of a column: =INDEX('Retirement Total'!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'Retirement Total'!B:B)) I do not however know how to change this to not populate the last value when it is zero. Your help is appreciated. Assuming you want the last *numeric* value that <>0. Try something like this: =LOOKUP(1E100,1/'...

Problem updating Service reference
Hello, I have a vb2008 solution with a WCF service project and UI project, the service project and UI project has a reference to a core project, that's project has one class usable for UI and service and referenced into all, went I try to update a service reference in UI project, appears a new datasource in service reference / Reference.svcmap, into UI project the calls to common class appears with at "not a member" error, and the cast lines between types of service core class and ui core class fails with "cannot be converted to" error because ui cla...

Lost Folder #4
Can someone help me here I just deleted an email but for some reason the entire folder disappeared (its a folder I created which only has emails according to a rule I set up). The folder is not in the delte box and I know the folder exists because I can see emails going from the inbox to the folder. BUT I cannot see or find the folder. Anyone have any ideas how to find / restore the folder Please email me vik does you deleted items folder have an expand/collapse +/- icon ? whenever I delete an entire folder, it does not go into the deleted items folder, it attaches itself to it an...

PUBLIC FOLDER PROBLEMS #4
Hi, Using SBS 2003, exchange public folder get's corrupted periodically (every six month or so), in where I , as owner of publick folder object, cannot add additional records (messages, or emails) to public folder folders. Messages I get : Can't copy the items. Cannot complete the copy operation. The items may have been moved or deleted or you may have not sufficient permissions. I am copying them from my send items folders to a public folder. Any clues why?? I do notice I can copy some records, and some records not. Before I would re-populate the poblick folder from a backup pst...

group by column
hi all, I've got a file like this... A Number State 1 02 A 1 02 F 1 02 S 1 04 A 1 04 C ..... .... .... .... I'd like to create a new sheet in the same file with only 1 row for every number The state is decided in this order A R F C S That means that if I've got the same number but different state I should keep the row with the highest order. Any hints?? thanks Rossella This uses Pivot Table. Assume your data looks like this: 02 A 01 F 01 S 01 R 02 C 03 F 01 R 02 A 03 S 03 C Pivot Table > Multiple Cons...

Formula help please #4
I want to countif column C is 2-Aug-04 & Column D is tp015& Column E is 23. I need to capture this all in the same function in order to shorten time for data entry, and it allows me to get the speciic data needed ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C100=DATE(2004,8,2)),--(D1:D100="tp015"),--(E1:E100=2 3)) For more about Sumproduct see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &quo...

Copying Part of a row down part of a column
Hi, My problem is this. I have a specific row of data that I need to copy part of down a column, until the next row of data. The data is in a format 12345 abcd efgh ijkl I only need to copy the numeric portion (12345) down the column, until the next row I need to copy (same format) shows up. What's the best/quickest way to do this. It's like an =IF function, but I'm not sure of the syntax. Thanks Try this: assuming your column A is the column with your data with blank rows i between and column B is where you want the results then. =IF(A2<>"",LEFT...

Is a "real" absolute reference possible?
Is it possible to insert a "real" absolute reference? I'm not talking about things like $B$2. I would like my reference to be to cell B2 no matter how many cells, rows, or columns I insert/delete, etc. In other words, I do not want my reference updated when insertion or deletion happens. It seems like Excel does this automatically and there is no way to shut it off. Can anyone help? Thanks, Frank ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http...

The most repeted item in a column?
How to get the highest number repeted in a column which exist of numbers? Use MODE(column). Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:25=A0pm, kaveh <kavehamo...@yahoo.ca> wrote: > How to get the highest number repeted in a column which exist of numbers? ...

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

reference to consecutive worksheets within a workbook
my workbook has a summary page which has a column which refers to consecutive worksheets which are named by po numbers which are not consecutive. is there a short way for me to define these within the colum? ...

Save As #4
I would like to know if there is a way to save a file automatically based on a name or value in a specifc cell on the worksheet. For example, cell B5 contains the value 22. When I go to save can I have it automatically save the file as 22.xls You could use a macro: option explicit sub testme() with activeworkbook .saveas filename:=.path & "\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("b5").value, _ fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Weird Problem With Office 2004 on Tiger 10.4.1
Here's the readers digest version of the problem. A friend just went from 9.2.2 to Tiger yesterday and when he tried to install the Office 2004 upgrade, it said that his product key was not correct. A phone call to Microsoft confirmed that the key was actually valid and there was some issue with his system. I tried the same CD on another system with the same key and it worked, so it would appear they are correct. I took a full version of Office 2004 and it installed fine. However, none of the apps will start. The icons will bounce for a bit and then stop bouncing. No error messages get di...

Move column to in-between existing columns
Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between existing columns without getting the error message, "Do you want to replace contents in destination cells?" and also without VB? I'm no use with coding... What I've been doing is to insert new blank column, highlight and drag my existing column to this new column, then delete the old column. Have you tried "control x" to cut the column from the old location and then ctl v to paste it to the new? Peter London, UK "Melissa" wrote: > Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between exis...

Stacked Column gap width
I have a stacked column graph and I have set the gap width to 0. There is, however, still space between the stacked columns. The gap looks to be about twice as wide as the column themselves. Any idea why? The column overlap is set to 100. The Gap Width is set to 0. In case it matters, the X axis is a time scale, all axis settings are automatic. It looks like both ClusteredColumn and StackedColumn graph types have some intra-cluster spacing that cannot be eliminated... Brian Herbert Withun When you use a time-scale axis, it creates categories for each day (all days). The time-scale is ...

Printing columns
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C77B57.C072D1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, Please forgive this very simple task request. I am trying to eliminate = the white space on the right side of a printed page and ultimately the = total number of pages. All of that means that I would like to display = and print multiple groups of columns within the same page. Example, the spreadsheet contains three columns of information: Column 1 is 2 characters Column 2 is 12 characters Co...

Sequential numbering when X column repeats records
I have a table with 2 columns Column 1 has records A A A B B C A Column 2 needs to have the number of times row one repeats a record. Something like this 1 2 3 1 2 1 Any formula that will find records on column one and sequentially number column B depending on amount of records? Thank you -RoMo -- RoMo robpiolink, Give each record a value of one with a calculated bound field in your query... GrpCounter : 1 Add GrpCounter to the report section. Group your report on each letter (in this example), and set GrpCount Running S...