Non Excel Postings

Will the people who post non excel information as below, refraining fro
doing so, start your own forum somewhere if you want to save the world.

Thanks

Thie

--
Thie
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2747

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Please don't add to the level of noise in these groups!

These ngs (if read via msnews or MS web portals) are remarkably free of
spam and off-topic material due to MS's filters. Occasionally some slips
through and takes a while to remove, but it will almost certainly be
removed (at least on msnews servers and MS web portals).

OTOH posts like yours tend to stick around forever, cluttering up the
groups.

In article <Thiem.201dfy_1134574201.1191@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Thiem <Thiem.201dfy_1134574201.1191@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Will the people who post non excel information as below, refraining from
> doing so, start your own forum somewhere if you want to save the world.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

comparing excel spreadsheets from command line
Hi, I am running tests here that involve comparing two excel spread sheets. right now we have to manually open the files, copy and paste the contents of each into a separate too, and run a compare. This is time consuming as it involves an awful lot of manual intervention. Ideally, I would like to run some sort of command that takes the two files as params and which outputs (preferable in some sort of graphical format) the differences between the two files. Is that possible? Or am I asking too much? thanks much and have a nice day Graham hi, see this site. http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

Date format in Excel 2000
Hello, I am attempting import a text file into Excel 2000. The text data is set as YY/MM/DD format, and I would like to keep the same format in Excel. Excel automatically converts the date into MM/DD/YYYY format, even though I select general on the formatting tab when doing the import. Is there a way to have this field ignored so that my raw data can stay in it's original format? Thanks, Scott Hi try preformating this column with your date format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1...

Copying numbers from Excel to Word
Hi, I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the numbres to Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of HEBREW. Is it a bug? Thank you, Tamir :-) __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Hi Tamir, If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, I'd expect them to retain ...

Excel does not print
A few of my users have the problem in excel when they attempt to print, the job goes to the printer spool (I can see it appear and quickly disappears) but never prints. Users get no errors or any other indication that the file does not print. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know a possible fix? Jeff Hi does this happen only with Excel documents? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <jeff4379@news.postalias> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#IcJGVX2EHA.1124@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > A few of my users have the problem in excel when they attempt to p...

Excel 2000 autosum not adding correctly
I use Excel 2000 and have been for some time. Today I placed dollar amounts in a column and then hit autosum. I was given a total of $5887.70. I then added the last numbers in my head and also a calculator and the total was $5887.71, off by 1 on the last digit. I tried numerous times getting the same results. All of the cells have been formatted for currency with 2 decimal points. Does anyone have an explanation? Sure. What are the ACTUAL values in the cells? If you've got values like 123.456, these are rounding up. Instead of using formatting to round the cells, round them ...

Excel #27
i am doing a worksheet and need to know what a page in a spreadsheet is called. it begins with W. x EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Self-Updating Service Command Pattern MSMQ Invoker http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/56da6071-0b12-4c99-986f-ce836e2d32e0/selfupdating-service-com.aspx I'm fairly certain that it was explained on the first page of your reading assignment. Charlie wrote: > i am doing a worksheet and need to know what a page in a spreadsheet is called. it begins with W. x > > EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice > Self...

Excel 2007 #11
I want to protect a sheet but still allow users to use the AutoSum feature on unlocked cells. Apparently this isn't possible? Doesn't make much sense, given that you can enter other formulas from the Function Library. ...

Excel cell format
I have quaotes around one of my cell, I have Rodgruiz, JR in the cell and it is defined as a text field. why is it putting quaotes around my name -- AG Try clicking on the cell press F2 and enter then delete quotes if the are still ther -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31450 ...

Scripting Excel with Python via appscript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br> has anyone else here used Python as a scripting language? One of the (maybe unintended) consequences of MS making Applescript the only scripting possibility is that through AppScript (http://appscript.sourceforge.net/) one can also use Python (and Ruby and Cocoa/Objective C). <br> This allows for great new possibilities (just think of the many libraries available for Python), although I have three issues: <br> 1) being used to Excel's VBA api I still have to adapt to the AS dict...

Entering 18 digit number in Excel
Dear All, I am trying to enter a 18 digit number in one cell. Surprisingly, the lasst two digits are automatically being changed to 00. The number i tried to enter is - 857013340418093014. The last two digits i.e. 14 is automatically changed to 00! Could any one of you please help. Thanks & Regards, Jaipal Singal. <jaipal1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:50262a6f-d859-42c2-9171-494650141076@l28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > > I am trying to enter a 18 digit number in one cell. Surprisingly, the > lasst two digits are automatically being changed to 00. &g...

Infreqent error posting SOAP message ( 0x800A1518 )
I am getting occasional errors when invoking calls on the low level API of the SOAP library (3.0 Toolkit). The HRESULT code is always 0x800A1518. The _com_error Description is "Connector:Http error while parsing server's response. HRESULT=0x800A1526 - Connector:Unspecified HTTP error. HRESULT=0x800A1518". The _com_error ErrorMessage is "Unknown error 0x800A1518". The specific method that I am noticing the error on is with EndMessage( ) of an HttpConnector30 object. The second or third attempt at repeating just the EndMessage method will frequently be succes...

excel vba
Basically, what will happen is they click the save/print commanbutton o the sheet, this brings up a userform asking them yes or no, what wil now happen is when they click on either yes or no commandbuttons, want a code to recognize if one of the four option buttons on the shee has been selected, if one has been selected it will run its course. I not, it will close the save/print userform and select cell "K5" fo example whereby they can choose an option button and move on. What would be the selection recognition code that i could store in m save/print userform? thank -- Message p...

Excel formula help #2
I am VERY new to spreadsheets! Is there a formula that will calculate the % change in my investments from one entry to the next? In other words, if January's value of a stock is $10, and February's value is $12, and March's value is $6, can I get a cell that will show a 20% increase for Feb, and change to (50%) loss when I enter March's value? I hope this is clear! Thanks for any help! Susan Hi Susan, Very clear! assuming Jan in A1, Feb in B1, Mar in C1, etc. enter this in B2 =(B1-A1)/A1 and format as a a percentage, then just copy across If you want to setup ...

Returning values from mfc-dll to non-mfc dll
Hi, I am new to mfc and dll. I have a non-mfc dll that calls a mfc dll. The mfc dll opens a dialog box. I have done this by 1. writing another func (LaunchDialog()) that does not return mfc-resources or use mfc-rsources as parameteres in the mfc dll 2. CAll LaunchDialog() from the non-mfc dll by including all required header and lib files. extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) int LaunchDialog() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); InputDialog indlg; return indlg.DoModal(); } The problem -------------- I actually need to pass the value of the text in...

Post callout not working
Hi, I am trying to implement a post callout. I followed the article on http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id= 30228&code=7842 exacly, and if I create the object using vbscript it works fine, but CRM is not calling it. Is there any way to find out if CRM tried to call it? which guid in component services is the right one to use? Rex Don't worry. I just rebooted the server and it started working... ...

runner's log in excel??
Does anyone know of runner's logs that are set up in excel? ...

"Disk Full" Message from Excel 97
Two users with Win 98 SE systems running Excel 97 with current SR updates. They are part of a Windows 2003 domain. Occasionally, when they go to save spreadsheets to a network share they get a message saying "disk is full". The disk, in this case, is definitely NOT full. The problem only happens occasionally and it never happens with Word documents. Has ayone come across this problem before? Thanks. Hi John You receive the "Disk is Full" error message when you save a workbook in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214245 Error Messa...

Trouble using solver with Microsoft Excel 2007
I have made several attempts to get solver to work on Excel 2007. I keep getting an error stating I need a VBA converter. Anyone have suggestions. I tried updating to service pack 1 with no better success. I have tried reinstalling the program and have searched the knowledge base. ...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Oops sent to wrong forum: Excel Macros
Hi: I have a workbook with 14 worksheets. I need 14 macros I want the name of the macro to be the name of each worksheet. ex. FA2E, FA3E, FA4E, etc. the macro is the same except for referencing the worksheet name. I have the first macro and am copying/pasting 14 times, changing the worksheet name and macro name. However, it doesn't work properly. About the 5 copy/past excel seems to want to call the macro by the name of the workbook, dot, worksheet. What am I doing wrong. When I open up tools, macro, I want to see the 14 names as stated above. Because, I have a final macro th...

Excel Macro #2
Excel tip needed. I "recorded" a quick little macro for an Excel report and now I want to send this file out to customers. But everytime you open it, you are asked if you want to disable or enable the macros due to viruses. Is there a way to keep this macro, but not have customers get this message? Thanks! Hi Derek! No need to post to more than one group. This involves changing your customer's security settings. Post the details of the macro and it might be possible to achieve the same objectives without it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njha...

Counting in Excel #5
Got it! Thanks to all of you for your help -- Angel16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Angel160's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1550 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27561 glad to help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Angel160" <Angel160.1f98km@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Angel160.1f98km@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Got it! Thanks to all of you for your help. > > > -- > Angel160 > ---------------...

FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)
Hello, I just bought your new book. To my dismay I found out that the data files used in the book are NOT available, nor is your contact (both in book and publisher's website). I am not keen on using newsgroups so I do not know where to locate u; I suppose you use them since u mention them in your book. If you happen to see this, please reply as I am in very much need of the book's data files! If anyone who reads this can help, I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you Why don't you write to the publishers? -- HTH Bob Phillips <d.stephanou@gmail.com> wrote in message...

charting non-contiguous data #2
Hi all, Can someone tell me how to add non-contiguous data to a chart. My data is in B21, G21, L21........IR21. Ideally, the chart would auto-update to include data as it is entered on a weekly basis. Thanks! Running out of weeks, since the last day goes into IV21. Ideally, you would set up a contiguous chart data range in another sheet, or in another part of this sheet, which links to the discontiguous data. The problem is that the individual cells of your chart data are stored as a sheet name and cell address in the series formula, taking a dozen or more characters per cell, and you...

Post after print
I want to pop up a report, then ask the user if he wants to post the proposed changes reflected in the report. Standard accounting-type stuff. Problem1: code on the form from which the report is called continues to run when the report opens Problem2: can't use acDialog because it does not let user access my custom menu that has the print icon on it Problem3: ctrl-P seems a little off-the-wall as the only way to print when report is open in acDialog Problem4: sure, I could use acDialog in conjunction with Report_Close to bring up a true print dialog on close of the report, but that al...