No calculation on new machine

I run XP Home with Office 2002

I have just installed my programs to a new machine.

Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:

Observed so far:

i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.

ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
get a 0.00 result.

iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
font.

What have I miised?

Thanks,

Robin Chapple
0
robinsky (18)
8/28/2004 9:31:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Robin,
Check your status bar that you do not have SCRL on the
right side to indicate Scroll Lock  (there is also a keyboard light).

Make sure that  you do not have  Transition navigation Shortcuts
checked   in  Tools, Options, Transition  -- you don't want any
of those options checked.

Don't know what you have done for the last item, but
what you get is dependent on what you can enter
For instance from the formula bar the only Format you
have available is  Font.   Perhaps there are more protection
options in Excel 2002 than my 2000,  see if you have
Tools, protection,   ...anything..   turned on.
---
HTH,

"Robin Chapple" <robinsky@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1cu1j0d4dgdsehn566v14c8hqj95japnj0@4ax.com...
> I run XP Home with Office 2002
>
> I have just installed my programs to a new machine.
>
> Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:
>
> Observed so far:
>
> i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.
>
> ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
> get a 0.00 result.
>
> iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
> protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
> font.
>
> What have I miised?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin Chapple

0
dmcritchie (2586)
8/29/2004 8:38:38 PM
G'day David.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:38:38 -0400, "David McRitchie"
<dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote:

>Hi Robin,
>Check your status bar that you do not have SCRL on the
>right side to indicate Scroll Lock  (there is also a keyboard light).

That was correct. The cursor now moves.

>Make sure that  you do not have  Transition navigation Shortcuts
>checked   in  Tools, Options, Transition  -- you don't want any
>of those options checked.

None of those options are checked. I have now experimented and A1+A2
will add but SUM does not work.

>Don't know what you have done for the last item, but
>what you get is dependent on what you can enter
>For instance from the formula bar the only Format you
>have available is  Font.   Perhaps there are more protection
>options in Excel 2002 than my 2000,  see if you have
>Tools, protection,   ...anything..   turned on.

There are no protections turned on.

Many thanks so far,

Robin
>---
>HTH,
>David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>
>"Robin Chapple" <robinsky@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1cu1j0d4dgdsehn566v14c8hqj95japnj0@4ax.com...
>> I run XP Home with Office 2002
>>
>> I have just installed my programs to a new machine.
>>
>> Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:
>>
>> Observed so far:
>>
>> i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.
>>
>> ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
>> get a 0.00 result.
>>
>> iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
>> protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
>> font.
>>
>> What have I miised?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Robin Chapple

0
robinsky (18)

Time Calculation #3

Right Mouse Click Calculation Feature
Hello, At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range of numbers. I cannot figure out how to activate this feature on my home computer. Can anyone help me? Thanks, John Go 'View' on the Toolbar on the top left, 'Toolbars' , Check 'Status Bar' Regards, "John M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185201c4a413$5c0ce7a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom > of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range ...

New Idea of Getting Side $$$
To me, this is a new concept I found on the net. I think you'd better check it out at: http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=itmex Perhaps we can use the same concept to boost our income thru the net too. Regards, ACO ...

Sending a new email
How do I include preset wording in an email? On Apr 23, 4:36=A0pm, John R <John R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I include preset wording in an email? Which version of Outlook? in 2007, you can use Quick Parts - you have to create your own pieces of text firt of course: while composing a message, select the text you want to use as a Quick PArt, click Insert, Quick Parts, and select the bottom option "Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery." in 2003, you would use Outlook Templates: compose your message (like a form letter), then select File, Sav...

New fonts do not show up in Visio 2003
I purchased a new font in both postscript and trutype formats. After installing them, they do not appear in the font list in Visio. They do however show up in the font list of other Office products. ...

Updating New Record form
Hi, I have two tables set up: tblDeals and tblEquip, they have one field in common called: DealCode. I have a query qryEquip that links the two tables based on the DealCode field and adds other tblDeals fields like Customer, Description, etc, to help identify the deal but only the DealCode is stored in the Equip table. Form frmEquip is based on query qryEquip and it is working fine. Here’s what I’m trying to do: When I add a new Equip record I want to be able to look into the tblDeals for the right deal and then pass the DealCode to the frmEquip, then have the frmEquip pull the rest o...

New OE newsgroup user questions
I'm new to newsgroups and access via Outlook Express. Where can if find documentation or descriptions on how to really use OE effectively w/ forums. My main question right now is: How do I reply to a reply that someone posted to my new post? If I click Reply Group in OE I get a msg "Do you want to reply to the entire newsgroup. Is this the correct options to add another level of input to my original post, or will this go to every post in the newsgroup? I would also like to know how to do things like: Searching forums for specific words or phrases? Can I se...

Upgrade to New Computer
I'm having problems moving my money file from my old computer to the new one. The old one has Money 2001, and the new is Money 2004. When I try to transfer over the network either the data file or backup, I keep getting the error message saying this file is write protected. Does anyone know how to get around this? Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;76343 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishe...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

Trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates
I'm trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates. User enters rates, and excel sheet calculates comparisons based on user defined weight, # of items, destination and origin. You mean the user has to enter in rate tables for each carrier at the resolution of weight, destination, and origin. (and possibly number of items). I suspect the user would prefer to call the carrier and ask them to quote a rate, then select the lowest or if they have that information, just run their finger down the paper table and figure out which is cheapest. Usually the selling point of thi...

VBA Inser a new Row
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me with this query in Excel 2003? Background I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of employee holidays, for example in column “A” I have list of Employee names in column “D” I have the number of holidays that that person is entitled to, Column “E” the number of Holidays taken which is subtracted from “D” and then a few other bits and pieces . Column “N” I have the a date Sun 01/04/2006 that then follows on for 6 months to Sat 30/09/2006 And the underneath that column I have the exact setup with the send half of then year continue from the upper row. I...

Running total to new in different field
I have a database that I want to keep track of a number list for meters that is unique. Meters have to have a unique number assigned to them. We order these in batches. What I am trying to do is carry over my Ending Meter Number field to the new record field of Begin Meter Number. I have a formula to correctly come up with the Ending Meter Number. I have tried several different approaches, but nothing seems to work. I have tried this : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.[Begin Meter Number] = Me.[End Meter Number] End Sub TIA, Gerald -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

Financial Calculation across sheets
Need some help with a formula. Sheet1; A1=$2200 A2=$150.00 A3= $1800 A4=SUM(A1:A3) answer is $4150 Sheet2; A1=1029514 A2=2663427 A3=(A1/A2) answer is rounded two two decimal places (.39) Sheet3; A1=SUM(Sheet1!A4/(1-(Sheet2!A3+.1))) answer comes out $8082.38 Equation should calculate $8137.25 =4150/(1-(.39+.1) How do I get this to calculate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi Dave: The problem is the .39 You have adjusted the display to present .39, but the value Excel is using is 0.386537345 In Sheet2,A3 use =ROUND(A1/A2,2) -- Gary's Student "Dave Keister"...

Checking for new records
I am new to VBA and need to call "TravelForm" from the "MeetingsForm" It should open in to a new travel with travel info from "tbltravel" filled in. I tried the following code in the "on Click" property of the calling button in the MeetingsForm. Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnTravel_Click Dim DocName As String DocName = "frmTravel" DoCmd.OpenForm DocName, OpenArgs:=Me![Order_Num] Exit_btnTravel_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnTravel_Click: MsgBox Error$ Resume Exit_btnTravel_Click End Sub Then on the T...

Installing an upgrade to a new Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel We are installing new iMacs for our users. We own Office X (original), Office 2004 (upgrade) and Office 2008 (upgrade). We have 6 copies of each (X, 2004 & 2008). How can we install Office 2008 onto the new iMacs? It is being removed from the old macs. Can we just install the 2008 upgrade and then insert the X or 2004 CD when it looks for the old version? What is the correct proceedure? Thanks, Rich Found the answer by trying the install with a new 2008 CD. The installation key determines whether it is an upgrade...

Forwarding new messages to blackberry device?
Hello, Anyone know how I can set up one of my users who just got a blackberry device to have any new messages that hit his inbox to also forward to his blackberry device? Id really appreciate the help. Thank you! Michael Barker ...

Asking to save for new entries thorugh SDK
I'm uploading some invoices through a program in c#, but when the user opens the invoice, it asks to save it. Once you do it, it doesn't ask again. I was looking at the record in the InvoiceBase table and looks like the record was not changed. The fields that I use in the invoice are: + name + description + customerid + ownerid and other custom fields. Any idea if any other field must be initialized. It happens the same with the invoice detail, for it I upload: +description + productdescription + actualdeliveryon + quantity + priceperunit (equals 0) + ispriceoverridden (equals 1...

Migrating to New Machine (Outlook 2002)
Hi 1) I have installed Outlook on a new PC, and am trying to move my data. To be save, I saved the data from the old PC using Backup and using Export. How do I get the data onto the new PC without it showing up in a separate folder in Outlook (I want it to appear under the Outlook Today folder/section. 2) After doing an Import, my old data is now in a separate folder. How do I delete that folder? Thanks, Chris Exporting/Importing is NEVER the way to save Outlook data to use on another machine. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Displaying from: in new email messages
I am running Outlook 2000 on my laptop, with new emails creating using Microsoft Word. I have a default address that I often send email from, but sometimes I specifically want to change the sent from address and use a different account. That I know how to do, by changing it in the message under options, but I often forget to do that. Is there a way of displaying the account I am sending the message from while creating the email? Or, can the default account to be used be specified for each contact, rather that globally for all contacts? ...

Calculate Totals in Spreadsheet
I have a query that is being exported to a Excel spreadsheet. I am using the VBA Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet command to export the spreadsheet. The users will then open the spreadsheet and use the autosum function to get a total for 2 columns. A request was made to have these 2 columns with the totals already in place when the spreadsheet is opened. Is there any way in Access that I can open the spreadsheet and somehow the totals for the 2 columns? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You, Joe V You'll have to use Automation. See whether my July, 2005 "Access...

New OWA Question
We have two servers, old 2000 Exchange and new 2003 Exchange on Small Business Server. We used to access OWA externally by pointing the router to direct traffic on port 80 to the old server. Since we’ve migrated to the new 2003 Exchange server we cannot get OWA to work from the outside. It works fine from the inside, but if we direct the router to aim port 80 traffic to the new server, it just comes back with page not found. Still works fine using OWA internally on the new server Just cannot get to it from outside. My question is: is there a port different than 80 we need to direct to t...

Migrating Mailboxes to a New Domain
Ok, here is the scenario, we are migrating all of our Exchange mailboxes from domainA to domainB, each domain has it's own seperate Exchange system (both 2003) Each user in domainA uses a single Outlook profile with multiple mailboxes attached. In addition to the mailboxes, some users have personal folders connected to their Outlook. I created a test user account and mailbox in domainA and I attatched several mailboxes to the user profile along with a persoanl folder. The user account and computer were both migrated to domainB by way of the ADMT. The test user mailbox was then migrated o...

New blog article on syncing Entourage
Be sure to read �Why does syncing play Gossip with my contacts?� on the Entourage Help Blog. Everything you wanted to know about syncing. The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/why_does_the_syncing_play_goss.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote: > Be sure to read "Why does syncing play Gossip with my contacts?" on the > Entourage...

new to pub
I am just beginning to try pub. book in software box is minimal Have a ms access report of name/addr - phone book style I need to put this member phone book report into a yearbook in pub can I bring in my ms access report? how?? if not, what about as a mail merge? if not, then how - without having to retype all those names, addr, ph,etc thanks for any help ann in dallas You are better exporting the information from Access to CSV (Comma Separated Value) and use the CSV file with Publisher. That is the only reliable and functional way. I cannot understand people that use such a disgusting...