Newbie struggling - trying to update one sheet from another

Hi

For coursework I have to create an excel workbook that takes totals from
invoices and adds them all up - pretty simple for some but not me!

I have created the invoice template and the user enters the necessary data
to complete and print it out - what I need is a way of taking four or five
sets of data from that invoice sheet (e.g. invoice number, customer name etc
etc) and writing them to another sheet so that I can add them up.
The problem I am having is how to get that data into the next blank row in
the second sheet - currently it only overwrites the first set - how do I get
the pointer to increment by one row each time the invoice sheet is saved??

Graeme

0
nobody2363 (11)
10/23/2003 12:48:46 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Graeme,

A macro will do it, along the lines of

Sub MoveValues()
'From Sheet1 Cell D4 to bottom of Sheet2 column B:
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B65536").End(xlUp(2).Value = _
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D4").Value
End Sub

Modify for your needs, and repeat that one line as many times as
needed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Graeme" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> For coursework I have to create an excel workbook that takes totals
from
> invoices and adds them all up - pretty simple for some but not me!
>
> I have created the invoice template and the user enters the
necessary data
> to complete and print it out - what I need is a way of taking four
or five
> sets of data from that invoice sheet (e.g. invoice number, customer
name etc
> etc) and writing them to another sheet so that I can add them up.
> The problem I am having is how to get that data into the next blank
row in
> the second sheet - currently it only overwrites the first set - how
do I get
> the pointer to increment by one row each time the invoice sheet is
saved??

> Graeme

0
deitbe (120)
10/23/2003 4:38:09 PM
Ooops, forgot a closing paren:

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe@consumer.org> wrote in message
> A macro will do it, along the lines of
>
> Sub MoveValues()
> 'From Sheet1 Cell D4 to bottom of Sheet2 column B:
> Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B65536").End(xlUp(2).Value = _
>     Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D4").Value
> End Sub
>
> Modify for your needs, and repeat that one line as many times as
> needed.

0
deitbe (120)