newbie question - how to invoke solver

Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
my version.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0
analyst41 (2)
11/3/2007 2:46:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analyst41@hotmail.com wrote:

>Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
>my version.
>
>I would appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks.

0
Gord
11/3/2007 2:56:23 PM
On Nov 3, 10:56 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.
>
> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
> >my version.
>
> >I would appreciate any help.
>
> >Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.  I suppose they made it an add-in since most users wouldn't be
using it that often.

0
analyst41 (2)
11/3/2007 3:20:44 PM
This would be true.

No point in having the overhead if you don't need it.

Gord

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 08:20:44 -0700, analyst41@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Nov 3, 10:56 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>> You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.
>>
>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>

>> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analys...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> >Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
>> >my version.
>>
>> >I would appreciate any help.
>>
>> >Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

>Thanks.  I suppose they made it an add-in since most users wouldn't be
>using it that often.

0
Gord

Conditioinal Formating Question
Hi I'm trying to do a conditional format where as if two values from two different cells equal a number a letter is displayed as apposed to a colour? Thanks in advance Hi, I'm not sure I fully understand but you can try this =IF(A1+B1=3,99999,"") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Harminder" wrote: > Hi I'm trying to do a conditional format where as if two values from two > different cells equ...

Multiple GAL's question
I have created mutiple GAL's in Exch2K3, and am wondering how long do I wait before they appear in either Outlook or OWA? Thanks Hi, Are you referring to GALs or Address lists, there is a slight difference. Users can only see one GAL, but many address lists. If you have created multiple GALs and have not done anything to restrict permissions on the Default GAL, then users will continue to see the Default GAL only. Also Outlook 2003 in Cached mode will take at least 24 hours to change unless you specify a custom update schedule. The change for OWA users should be fairly imm...

[2010] a couple of "search" questions
in the (advanced) search window, two questions: - it is possible to save a customized view setup? I mean columns shown, format, sort, and so on... - in the old 2003 version, in the status (bottom of the window) there was the total number of found items: now it's missing :( can I reactivate it? -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ........... ...

Query calculated field question
hello I have a query with fields ID, Level, a1, a2, a3, a4,......... a40. The fields a1 to a40 will either be blank or will have an integer value from 1 to 5. I'd like to add a calculated field, called Score, that will give me the sum of these 40 columns divided by (5 times the number of fields that have values). How should I write this calculated field. b) The 40 fields mentioned above have textboxes on a form. Is it generally better to just do the above calculation for Score on the form, or get the calculated value of Score from the query? Victoria, can I suggest you t...

AfterUpdate Question!
I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [DateCheck] (checkbox) is -1 Any help would be great..............Thanks Bob Private Sub tbAdditionCharge_AfterUpdate() If tbDayNo.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDayNo.value) Then tbDayNo.value = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy") End If End Sub Hi Bob, Me.tbDayNo=IIf(Me.DateCheck And IsNull(tbDayNo), _ Format(Date,"dd/mm/yy"),tbDayNo) Regards Jacob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:%23xApdzD7HHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | | I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [D...

2 questions
Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done that before today. vb question This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do a search The path changes as it searches through the directories C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory, then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory. I hope that makes sence Thanks "Viper900" <Viper900@discussions.micros...

Workflow Question 11-10-05
I am create a workflow for new prospects. I need to add an additional Wait condition but, when I add the Wait condition (to check an activity) my Task isn't in the activity drop-down list. I am inserting the wait condition within an If..then..else statement. If I insert a Wait condition outside of the if..then..else statement then all of my tasks are listed. Here is what I have so far: WHEN OPPORTUNITY IS CREATED if opportunity.prioritycode = Prospect then Task: Schedule an Appointment Email to:[account];Subject:Introduction to PA If opportunity.currentbro...

Few questions about VB
1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,033217 ? I try to do like this but it did not work Dim first as double Dim second as intiger firs = 812,033217 second = first first = second but still firs = 812,033217 :confused: 2. How can I open not .xls file from VB code wrote in Excel file I want to open Solid Works file "example.SLDPRT" in Solid Works o course thx for any suggestio -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. one way: use CInt. e.g. second = CInt(first) >-----Original Message----- >1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,03321...

Port questions
Hi All, Just a few questions, wondering if anyone could answer them. 1. Can Exchange server traffic to limited to specific range of port? 2. Is there a recommended range of ports by Microsoft to lock Exchange into? 3. If #2 is no, then how many ports are needed by Exchange (1, 10, 50?). Pick a high range ports say from (62,520+) to lock Exchange into. On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:56:08 -0700, IDK215 <IDK215@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Just a few questions, wondering if anyone could answer them. > >1. Can Exchange se...

Report Column questions
hi to all - I have 2 questions re columns in reports (hope that's OK) a) I'd like to have 2 columns in the Detail section of my report, but only one column in one of my Group Header sections. Is this sort of thing possible? I can't seem to set it up properly. b) I have another report with 2 columns, Down, then Across (from Page Setup). The Detail section has a single row of textboxes. These are inside a Header/Footer Group using field Zone. Zone always has values 1, 2, 3, 4. Zone can also sometimes have value 5 and sometimes have value 6 as well. I need to...

Pivot Table questions #3
Okay, I'm not that new to Pivot Tables, but normally when I create them, I just live with what I can't figure out. Now I'm wanting to really create some very specific ones. I need two pivot tables that I will be printing essentially as reports. My data looks like this. Store Item Size Qty Price Extension 1 ABC 32 2 9.00 18.00 1 ABC 34 2 9.00 18.00 1 AXX 32 1 10.00 10.00 2 ABC 32 1 9.00 9.00 Okay, what I want is Pivot table that looks like this: Item Size Price Extension 32 34 ABC 3 2 9.00 45.00 AXX 1 10.00 10.00 Total 55.00 So...

2 questions #4
1.) Our exchange and external email address are username@company.com. Everything works fine for users who have an exchange box and external email address. The problem is when we sent email to an employee who doesn't have an exchange account we get email not deliverable. Exchange is looking for an exchange account. These users don't need exchange accounts. How can I get email to go to them? 2.) We have an email account orders@company.com. I want incoming email to go to a public folder so that anyone can view this email without pulling it onto thier local machine. Is this possib...

Help with Newbie question
When writing a function in a cell, it always refers to that cell, regardless if it moves. (Rows and columns are inserted) When writing in VBA how do I make VBA track the cell's movement, so that when I insert rows and columns with VBA code it is still referring to the same cell? Here is what I am using: MyVAR = Cells(20, 6).Value 'If I insert rows and columns it still refers to cell 20,6 Thanks in advance for any help with this! You could name that cell (insert|name|define) Then you could use: myVar = worksheets("sheet1").range("mynamehere").value f...

Three Dimensional Array Question
Advice on three dimensional array (difficult?) (posted earlier in programming .. no reply yet) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, with two dimensions i seem to be able to do everything i want.. yet when they become three, things get more complicated. Please adivce on the following matters: I have an array that contains two kinds of values , these values occur often and for each row i want the third dimension to act...so: array(0 to 999, 0 to 1, 0 to 10) ' for example 11 rows, 1000 hits and 2 fields then everytime something changes ...

SPF record question
Hello! I think I understand SPF records now (thanks to Jim Martin in another group), but I would like to know if anyone can confirm my questions. I found this page http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html that lets one test an SPF record. It does not test version 2 yet. Let's call my domain "mydomain.net" and assume that my mail server is named "mail.mydomain.net." I have my DNS controlled by www.zoneedit.com and I have a backup mail server there to grab any mail if my server is not answering. When I use www.dnsreport.com to check my domain, it shows two MX re...

New Record question 01-17-08
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice Database Launch", acSaveYes DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Tracker New Entry", acNormal Application.Forms("Invoice Tracker New Entry").Caption = "CREATE INVOICE" DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec When I use the above code. It creates a blank record in the datasheet. Is there a way to delete the record if it is blank and keep the record if there are data in it? There is always a new, empty record at the end of a datasheet unless you have set AllowNewRecords to False, or your query is not updateable. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP,...

Question on forwarding...
Hi All, I have a client with Win2000 Server and exchange... As it is set up at the moment, all mail address's are forwarded to the CEO of the company. Now they also want all mail address's forwarded to the head of department but STILL to the CEO. In the forward field only one entry can be present. I thought that entering the head of department for each individual forwarding and the head of department forwarded to the CEO would be the answer, but the individuals e-mail go to the head of department but stops there and don't get forwarded to the CEO. CEO | Head of Department ...

Quicken questions
I know this isn't a Quicken newsgroup, but I can't locate another potential source of basic information on Quicken. I just bought and installed Quicken Starter Edition and imported my MS Money files. This went very well except for a couple of minor problems. The import process for my checking account failed to import those Electronic Funds Transfer entries from my checking account to my broker, that I had in my Money files. There weren't but a few of these and I was able to key them into Quicken manually. The Quicken account now balances with my Money account to the penny. All is w...

ISV.Config url question
Hi! I wan't to create a button that behaves like the Phone Call button on the standard toolbar (open the Phone Call activity without having to go to Activities, New and Choose Activity Type) but that already cames with Recipient and Regarding already fill up. Can i create a button on Menu Bar in the accounts list that can do it? If yes how? thanks, Gon�alo Bol�o ...

A question for Bill Yanaire
This dumb **** is such fun to pick apart. The **** keeps falling out of his mouth as fast as this idiot can move his lips. The TRUTH is Bill is on cracl/cocaine most of the day. You people are talking a language that Yanaire RyanAire does not understand. It contains LOGIC and FACTS! The Moron has studied SQL Server as a beginner in 2007, and attempted VisualBasic, making some living off these Microsoft products and hence promoting Windows. His brain is too primitive to learn a real language like C or C++. Or be a man enough to code in Assembler, machine codes, octals or just bina...

CRM 4.0 upgrade questions
Hi all, Now that we're all upgraded to CRM 4.0, questions have popped up: - Can one move the folders in the CRM Outlook client around, like Explorer folders? This was possible in 3.0. - Company information of Contacts in Outlook is supposed to synchronize now with CRM but it does not. I made sure the necessary checkbox is checked in CRM --> Options. This worked fine in a 4.0 test environment. - I know only 1 PC can be the sync PC with CRM but I wonder if a Citrix client can be a sync PC as well, in addition to a physical PC. - This is question for 3.0 and 4.0: We have a new custom ent...

ActiveCell.Offset Question
Hi, Spreadsheet with many columns: In All column, Row4 I have dates: What I like to do is: "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that value down to another cell . "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that value down to another cell . I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type: Sub Look4DATE() Dim mycell As Range Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell) myc...

interesting question about workflow
Hey guys , Is it possible to get all open activities by single e-mail at 8.30 in the every morning with the help of workflow manager? If no then any alternative solution? regards Aami ...

Report Writer Question #4
I had modifed the existing Transaction Inquiry Report by Vendor to include Totals. The out of the box report does not have grand total if you print it. The AP persons uses this report as opposed to the AP aging due to their preference of format and ease of running the report. The issue has come about where one of the transaction listed is a Void transaction and although the inquiry window is correctly listing it - but since I modified the report to give me a grand total of all transactions - by including the void in the grand total we are doubling this transaction. Therefore, I need ...

A question that might could have been an exam question(e-learning)
Hi! The question is that some statement should be put into the right category. The six statements are. 1. Has replaced the ConfigurationSettings class 2. Helps you manage configuration elements 3. Implements a custom section 4. Is used to read from a configuration file 5. Inherit the ConfigurationElement class 6. Is a pointer to configuration files. These 6 statements should be placed into one of these categories ConfigurationSection ConfigurationManager ConfigurationElement 5 of these were quite easy but number "4. Is used to read from a configuration file should...