newbie question - how to invoke solver

Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
my version.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0
analyst41 (2)
11/3/2007 2:46:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analyst41@hotmail.com wrote:

>Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
>my version.
>
>I would appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks.

0
Gord
11/3/2007 2:56:23 PM
On Nov 3, 10:56 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.
>
> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
> >my version.
>
> >I would appreciate any help.
>
> >Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.  I suppose they made it an add-in since most users wouldn't be
using it that often.

0
analyst41 (2)
11/3/2007 3:20:44 PM
This would be true.

No point in having the overhead if you don't need it.

Gord

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 08:20:44 -0700, analyst41@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Nov 3, 10:56 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>> You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins.
>>
>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>

>> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analys...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> >Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in
>> >my version.
>>
>> >I would appreciate any help.
>>
>> >Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

>Thanks.  I suppose they made it an add-in since most users wouldn't be
>using it that often.

0
Gord